Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks. HNY. First question of 2019. Saddle!!!! i went to Italy from Scotland last year, and found that after about 100 miles, my legs were getting numb due to the angled shape of the saddle, same as happened on the stock z1000 sx saddle. i changed that for a Sargent, and what a difference!!!! i want something for the H2. Anyone else had issues with it/changed it/or recommend who would do this ?
Cheers

Graham

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hey Arthur.Yeah,the angle is a bit rough to ride all day.What I did was buy a new seat.Okay.Removed cover(s).Took a carving knife and cut the underside off the original.The large foam blocks that fit into the pan.I shaped that to how I wanted to be angled.Any area of the underside that had any extra foam,I removed.So it was totally one thickness.I then used the new one pad and removed the large blocks of foam.This one I cut with the carver pretty thin about half way back to the tail of the pad.So pretty much I had TWO nice thick angled pad areas up front,and a more padded rear portion.You have to kinda eyeball how you want to be sitting on there.Then put the two together and sit it on the bike and see how it feels.If ya go slow,you can get the cuts just right.BUT...do NOT cut from the top foam surface.Leave that alone.The cover will fit on there,just take your time fitting it.After several trials,I finally got this last one just right.It's WAY comfy and angled perfectly for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced mine with a Sargent seat, best investment comfort wise I've made. Third bike I've had a Sargent seat on and have never been disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts