Discussion Starter #1
after a week of riding the h2
i got on my 02 klr650 to do some chores
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
what have i become?:laugh:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Newer body style. I had the '99 in green. Had a lot of power but didn't turn... Very close to not being here to write this cuz of that baby lol I heard they improved the handling a bit in 2000+. That bike was so freaking good at wheelies. Didn't turn so that's a plus. Very stable.was never able to ride them as good on later bikes. I think that bike had perfect power for wheelies. Not too much or too little. Just right.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Newer body style. I had the '99 in green. Had a lot of power but didn't turn... Very close to not being here to write this cuz of that baby lol I heard they improved the handling a bit in 2000+. That bike was so freaking good at wheelies. Didn't turn so that's a plus. Very stable.was never able to ride them as good on later bikes. I think that bike had perfect power for wheelies. Not too much or too little. Just right.

Yes, they did improve on the handling a bit and I feel in love with the body style. At that time the power was excellent in my opinion for me. A sweet spot in-between the zx6r and zx12r. For me, it was nimble like a 6 with the close power of a 12... then the 10 came along. great bike just couldn't get pumped about the body style.

I was going to trade the 9 in for a 05 zx12 I located but they wanted to give me sh!t for my pristine, well maintained zx9 so I just kept the it and walked away. Got a few more days to get paper in order to pull the trigger on H2. Hustling my Azz off to try and make it happen. I love the style an looks of it... minus that huge can on the side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a '98. I also remember it for the effortless wheelies. It is also the last bike I crashed (knock on wood) Front end slid out on a relatively slow corner. I also remember that as the only 'day glow' green bike in town at the time I felt overly conspicuous to the law.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes, they did improve on the handling a bit and I feel in love with the body style. At that time the power was excellent in my opinion for me. A sweet spot in-between the zx6r and zx12r. For me, it was nimble like a 6 with the close power of a 12... then the 10 came along. great bike just couldn't get pumped about the body style.

I was going to trade the 9 in for a 05 zx12 I located but they wanted to give me sh!t for my pristine, well maintained zx9 so I just kept the it and walked away. Got a few more days to get paper in order to pull the trigger on H2. Hustling my Azz off to try and make it happen. I love the style an looks of it... minus that huge can on the side.
Yeah I bought mine with like 500 miles with a high mount muzzy and a stage 1 jet kit so I'm not sure what it felt like stock. I never got that into the 12s too big for me I guess. Hopefully you'll get everything together by this deadline.

I had a '98. I also remember it for the effortless wheelies. It is also the last bike I crashed (knock on wood) Front end slid out on a relatively slow corner. I also remember that as the only 'day glow' green bike in town at the time I felt overly conspicuous to the law.
Not the best pic but this is what mine looked like.. Have no pics :( funny you should mention the crash thing... The last bike I crashed as well *knocking loudly on wood* lol I just use to flick the clutch and she'd come right up. But that was back in my crazier days. I'm out of practice as my 10 is the first bike since 07 for me. Last was an 05 cbr 1000rr. I was 20 when I got that 9r. My first bike. What an idiot I was.. I was a dirt guy, and without that experience it wouldn't have went well.. 98 was a big year. New r1 and zx9r. And I think it was 99 when the superman front light gas750r came out. Some how that thing was as fast as the r1 and 9r. Still haven't figured that one out.. Screamer for sure. I wasn't as big of a fan of the srad with the fat tail, my buddy had that. 9r would eat it alive

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
What a last millenium conversation ....... hold on ,,I remember my friend nearly spitting me off the back of his ZXR 750,

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yes I find it incredible that those bikes were so fast yet they seem slow compared to new r1, h2 10r and bmw.
That was 1989 ,,cripes over 25 years ago on the zxr 750 . . . Bloke that owned it even had Tom Cruise looks:laugh: seen him since and he's put on weight :D

Sorry Josh ,,,but if you read this I can now tell you how jealous I was.
In fact jealous not the right word, just had to keep at it so one day I could have that experience so,,,,,thank you.

Be inspired not insipid peeps. . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts