Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new to the forums. Noted that quite a few people here have experience installing the Evotech tail tidy from Evotech Performance in the UK. I recieved my kit about 2 days ago. Installed yesterday and noted the LED light which fits on the back end of the tail tidy was missing. Also the two indicator light extension wires which replace the OEM ones are female plugs instead of male. The connectors on the bike are male!!!????

So either I am being really stupid or Evotech messed up badly with this order. If anyone out there has installed a recent kit can you please contact me or reply here.

Thank you.... JP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add a few points to the post:

1. Anyone installing this tail tidy, remove the side covers, hip supports, and seat cover first (see service manual page 15-30). Without doing this removing and installing the fender is very difficult. This is not at all suggested in the Evotech instructions. This makes the whole process much simpler.

2. The indicator extensions have to be connected to the OEM indicator harness which you must remove from the fender first. There are two clips which slide forwards or backwards of the fender. You can then cut the cable ties holding the clips on with a side cutter and re-attach to the OEM part so they do not get lost.

3. I REALLY did not receive a number plate LED attachment. I hope Evotech will send me one.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just to add a few points to the post:

1. Anyone installing this tail tidy, remove the side covers, hip supports, and seat cover first (see service manual page 15-30). Without doing this removing and installing the fender is very difficult. This is not at all suggested in the Evotech instructions. This makes the whole process much simpler.

2. The indicator extensions have to be connected to the OEM indicator harness which you must remove from the fender first. There are two clips which slide forwards or backwards of the fender. You can then cut the cable ties holding the clips on with a side cutter and re-attach to the OEM part so they do not get lost.

3. I REALLY did not receive a number plate LED attachment. I hope Evotech will send me one.
Here is a weird thing in Nevada, you don't have to light up your license plate. The statute calls out cars, trucks, and buses specifically but not motorcycles when it comes to having a lit license plate.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have the same kit, my kit also did not have one, they had to mail it to me.

Email them and they will send it out.

NOLA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same kit, my kit also did not have one, they had to mail it to me.

Email them and they will send it out.

NOLA

Thank you Nola, already have, just wasn't sure if it was something I had to order separately or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a weird thing in Nevada, you don't have to light up your license plate. The statute calls out cars, trucks, and buses specifically but not motorcycles when it comes to having a lit license plate.

Thanks... I am in South Africa, not sure if the legal requirement is for lighting or not but the LED has a holder which bolts the upper support arm of the tail tidy and neatens it up a bit. I have installed it and plan to get some matching M5 washers and nuts to hold the M5 bolts in place for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just want everyone to know that Gary from Evotech got back to me and sent me the LED which was missing. The company is very professional and I think it was simply an honest packaging mistake. As for the tail tidy - it looks great. I am still unhappy about putting a plate on the bike because it looks so awesome without a plate. I was especially distressed last Saturday when a Busa and R1 cruised passed me with no plates and no tidy.... Oh well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have evotech unit fitted too. Indicators worked for a day. They have now stopped! I traced all wiring and they work when fed 12v down any length or part of the wiring. Fuses under seat and up at ecu are fine. Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have evotech unit fitted too. Indicators worked for a day. They have now stopped! I traced all wiring and they work when fed 12v down any length or part of the wiring. Fuses under seat and up at ecu are fine. Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?
I know for sure (happened to me) that in some cases stock indicators fail with evotech tail tidy, cause of the led coming apart from the circuit board. But in your case, if you already checked the fuse, you have to check if you have power at both main connectors. If not, maybe the flasher relay has gone bad. Problem is the flashing relay is integrated into the dash, and I don't think it's repairable, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Indictors illuminate so they are fine. ALL and i stress ALL wiring to them including
The stupid bit of loom that goes inbetween where indicator wiring meets bike wiring. Its all had 12v fed too indicators at all plugs/loom beginnings and ends. Front indicators flash faster but do operate

·
Registered
265 Posts
Indictors illuminate so they are fine. ALL and i stress ALL wiring to them including
The stupid bit of loom that goes inbetween where indicator wiring meets bike wiring. Its all had 12v fed too indicators at all plugs/loom beginnings and ends. Front indicators flash faster but do operate
Have you checked polarity at the connectors? The easier thing to do is isolate the issue from the simpler thing. So check if you have power on bike connectors first. Yes? Issue it's related to signal harness. No? Issue it's bike harness related.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah i just got disheartened and annoyed earlier so i walked away. I will go back to it this week and yes i will turn hazards and inficators on individually and check for power going to them from bike harness as lights back wiring is good

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Front indicators flash faster but do operate"....what do you mean...

I noticed that when the lamps flash faster,one of the circuits is not working(wiring cut connection).It's a simple way to recognize when something isn't flashing.Recheck your connections.Sounds like that's all it is.I wouldn't be concerned with a relay or anything.Reversing polarity is often the problem also.(as was mentioned).Usually at the rear tail compartment wiring.(inside).

·
Registered
200 Posts
When i indicate. Only front operate.. but they blink fast.....rears do not work. But i have put 12v feed to the rears to see if there is a break or bad connection. And they light up when tested this way. If there was a break or a bad connection they should not light up?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmmmmm interesting theory evotech stress that when fitting to be mindful of left and right...but the kawa connectors are colour coded so you sorta cant go wrong unless from short bit of wiring from indictor outside to inside rear of bike to kawa loom. Guuuurrr this is a pain. I wont even indicate anyway unless i see police ha ha ha.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"evotech stress that when fitting to be mindful of left and right"...yep,that's what they're talking about.Getting those wires matched up.Just takes a bit of experiment.Did for me anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Surely with hazards on regardless of left and right should still work. I will test with meter tomorrow and hopefully its that simple just move wires around.

·
Registered
414 Posts
When fitting my evotech tail tidy, I found out the connectors for L and R indicators have to be connected opposite to what I thought, that is connect white to black / black to white wire!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts