Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be done through the Power Commander, or will I have to dig

into the bike to find an adjusting screw on the throttle body ?

I want to raise it from 1000 to 1500 rpm to make the corner entry

and re opening throttle smoother on tight corners.

Thanks for any constructive input.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think you only need a good custom fuel map and PCV to get what you want.I know this 'update' to mine made a world of difference in that low end power delivery.It's night and day difference with mine.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I don't think that helps with the snatchiness of the factory configuration.It does work well though for corner entries and such.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't have the PCV on this bike yet but on previous bikes the autotune system can help you nail the off idle -> 2k response. Once you get it tuned lock it down putting zeros in the AFR map. If you dont want to do add the autotune ask your tuner.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
The idling speed is governed with ECU control. The only way to change it would be to change the target idling speed in the ECU.

If the intent is to help with the abrupt initial throttle response, changing the idle speed isn't the right way to fix that. The right fix is to change the initial rate at which the throttles open in response to rider request - there is a map in the ECU that controls this.

If you have to remap the ECU anyhow, might as well do the right fix instead of the one that will be ineffective and which will cause other problems ...

·
Registered
331 Posts
As far back as I can remember the cure for off idle stumble was a carb adjustment or now adjusting the PCV map. If your tuner is good he will know how to dial in the PCV to clean up the response. Ive done this before myself its not that that difficult.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I read that the lack of smoothness on opening the throttle is a symptom of the twin injector system on the H2. The downstream injectors being responsible for the low rpm response. That and the idle speed will be ECU controlled

·
Registered
331 Posts
The ECU does control the base fueling but with this setup the PCV applies corrections so it can be adjusted similarly to any other bike so equipped without reprogramming the ECU over and over. One can correct any area of the fuel map that needs it in the PCV. If you have never done so I encourage you to attach a laptop PC to your PCV and look at the correction map and you'll understand what it does better.

The snatchiness, hesitation or stumble is most likely a mixture problem that can be tuned out. Adjusting the idle speed above the problem area or reprogramming the throttle curve may not address the root cause just avoid it.

When you buy a package from someone like Brock you are getting a tested proven package that just works 99.5%. It doesn't mean that it is fine tuned to your machine or preferences. A competent tuner or yourself armed with some knowledge and tools can fine tune it to your needs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I read that the lack of smoothness on opening the throttle is a symptom of the twin injector system on the H2. The downstream injectors being responsible for the low rpm response. That and the idle speed will be ECU controlled
I haven't taken mine apart yet...but from the parts diagram I only see one set of of injectors?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I haven't taken mine apart yet...but from the parts diagram I only see one set of of injectors?
The specification on the Kawasaki website says, "Fuel SystemDFI® 50mm throttle bodies x 4 with dual injection".

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"The snatchiness, hesitation or stumble is most likely a mixture problem that can be tuned out"...yes...totally cleaned up.Mine is amazing.

Look in the DFI section...the top four on the airbox are the secondaries.The lower ones(primaries)are on the TB assembly.See that fuel pipe connection?It's got a feed line to both sets of injectors.

·
Registered
211 Posts
"The snatchiness, hesitation or stumble is most likely a mixture problem that can be tuned out"...yes...totally cleaned up.Mine is amazing.

Look in the DFI section...the top four on the airbox are the secondaries.The lower ones(primaries)are on the TB assembly.See that fuel pipe connection?It's got a feed line to both sets of injectors.
I see them now, thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts