Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As people have seen Carbon Fiber is really difficult to buy online, the quality of carbon fiber ranges from the laminated fiberglass process to pre-preg, you can narrow down the suppliers that make pre-preg, there are only 2 co.'s (maybe a 3rd) that I know of for sure making parts for our H2 this way but it's impossible to tell/compare from pictures the actual quality. Even if they're using pre-preg quality can be all over the place. Fit is ultra important but so is uniformity/symmetry of the weave, clear coat quality, etc.

Sometimes how perfect the weave looks isn't important for certain racing parts or areas that aren't visible on a vehicle but that's not the case w/ CF parts for our H2's. The process for making bolt holes, angles makes it really difficult to make carbon fiber where the weave is symmetrical and without visible imperfections. Took me a few months to decide on the company I was going to purchase from but couldn't be happy with the stuff that Activemoto is manufacturing. The parts are made using carbon epoxy composite tooling, pressurized 100% carbon fiber Pre-Preg material, bladder moulding process at ~60PSI of pressure, using prepreg carbon only, and cured at 250F for several hours, followed by hard coating, UV PPG clear coat, and final polish. The weave is beautiful, the gloss clear coat is perfect.

On the OEM chain guard there is a metal washer/spacer that bolts to the top left of the swingarm. The hole in the carbon fiber part was slightly too small for this spacer. I probably could have fit the carbon fiber part without the spacer w/ a regular washer or made the carbon fiber hole slightly larger but the spacer is a $3 part so dremeled down the size, a file would have worked too. Other than that fitment was spot on.

Pulled out the OEM bolt grommet out of the ram air tube (that the middle of part that the fairing mounts to) installed it to the CF tube. Pulled out the OEM ram air tube rubber gasket that sits against the filter box & put it on the CF part. The ram air tube fit perfectly, the inlet size was perfectly matched to OEM, so was the placement of the filterbox bolt holes. The dash panels also lined right up with the bolt holes, they don't have the OEM post underneath that pushes into the rubber grommets but are totally secure. Anyway here's some pics, took some shots of the inside & underside (can tell it's not peel ply) of the CF as well. I'm really happy w/ this co.'s parts & highly recommend them to anyone looking for CF.

Here's the chain guard spacer/washer that I dremeled down to fit, only took a few minutes:

[URL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/StradaleF1/media/H2/IMG_1244_zpsvcb7nfwk.jpg.html]

[/URL]

·
Registered
867 Posts
I added the dash panels, intake tub, rear hugger, panels under the bottom of the fuel tank, sub frame and BST wheels......she's pretty loaded with CF. would Love the nose but way too many needs on my other bikes for that now.... lol

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks beautiful guys

Now, on a serious not, stop fecking posting pictures of lovely carbon goodies, my head says yes but my wallet keeps saying, no:p

Rob

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added the dash panels, intake tub, rear hugger, panels under the bottom of the fuel tank, sub frame and BST wheels......she's pretty loaded with CF. would Love the nose but way too many needs on my other bikes for that now.... lol
Thanks Nate & ZXRob!

Looks GREAT Doug! Love to see your Ducati when you have a chance. Do you still have the Super Duke R?

I was thinking about the CF nose too but makes a lot of sense to replace the black plastic parts like the chain guard, dash panels, etc. w/ CF but don't know if I want to replace the beautiful painted parts. If I did the nose would DEFINITELY add the candy green decals to it, that really sets it off imo.....

I have the CF upper tank panels but debating whether to install them or not, don't know if I want to replace any of the silver mirror painted parts.. Have the lower tank trim in hand too but only going to install them if I do the cf upper tank panels.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So ordered some OEM logos that go on the tail; the "Ninja" & "H2" just to get me up to a free shipping dollar amount when ordering some other stuff that I actually needed. I'm not a fan of certain "personal mods" that don't look up to par w/ the H2 but do you think the below location for the H2 logo is subtle enough, dunno?? It took the shape of the screen perfectly as they're designed to do that. Honest answer, it's easy to remove, thumbs up or thumbs down?

·
Registered
702 Posts
STRADALE,

What times are you running at NJMP? We should definitely head there this year and TERRORIZE that track! Would make for some EPIC video!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
STRADALE,

What times are you running at NJMP? We should definitely head there this year and TERRORIZE that track! Would make for some EPIC video!
I have no idea but doubt I could keep up w/ you, LoL! Yeah, that definitely would be amazing, H2's terrorizing the place. I'm hoping to be back in April but don't plan on buying the day till a few days before, I already have credits from late last season, it was really crummy weather but it wasn't cancelled & when I book it will have to go otherwise lose the credit. When I know I'll hit you up or let me know, bet we could get Somefun to join us, saw him there one time w/ his H2 & sick ZX-10R.

Nick - That looks awesome!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have no idea but doubt I could keep up w/ you, LoL! Yeah, that definitely would be amazing, H2's terrorizing the place. I'm hoping to be back in April but don't plan on buying the day till a few days before, I already have credits from late last season, it was really crummy weather but it wasn't cancelled & when I book it will have to go otherwise lose the credit. When I know I'll hit you up or let me know, bet we could get Somefun to join us, saw him there one time w/ his H2 & sick ZX-10R.

Game on! Don't worry about keeping up. It's all about having fun! Truth be told, I haven't been there in about 3 seasons so I might be bringing up the rear myself for the first 3 or 4 sessions before I can get my nerve back.

If we could coerce Somefun that'd be pretty epic too. Can't wait to see Roy's face and when he tries to kick us out for our loud exhausts. hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@STRADALE

My worthless .02 cents opinion is thumbs down. Its cleaner without.

Speaking of carbon....Does anyone else on here have Plain Matte carbon on their bike instead of Gloss Twill ?

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
looking good Gregg! the pics of your pipe that Nate posted look really good too.

·
Registered
867 Posts

Guys let me know for sure..... that would be a total blast! I'm heading to MotoGP in April and then the following weekend to NYST for I think the 28th & 29th. But would love to meet up and ride with you guys..... Stradale still have the Super Duke for sure. Such a great bike she's like a dirt bike with a big block! Lol and here's my latest lady.....love this number 166 :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey guy's how about the 28 & 29 NJMP Lightning? Here's one I love.....:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Which month for the 28th and 29th? Also which club? Is that May with TPM? I might be able to make that.

I don't think the H2 is suited for lightning but I could bring the MV F4 and we can have an all Italian party. :D

[/QUO

Love me some Italian! Lol that was the date with TPM but I'm open to any other date....:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lets check out dates for the Thunder bolt then.....:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lets check out dates for the Thunder bolt then.....:)
Mother of God! How many bikes do you own?! hahahahahahahaha

Aiight if you pull out the 10 I will try to have my Ol' School ZX7R racebike with Flatslide carbs ready for Thunderbolt.

I come in the vid at 8 seconds (Black leathers Blue ZX7R)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts