Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the active moto upper and lower wings so **** expensive? Dry carbon I know is spend but almost 4k for upper and lower wings is totally insane for such a small part. I really want these but **** I'm not willing to pay that much. Seems like a rip off

·
Registered
885 Posts
I can't speak to why they are so expensive, but they are.
I have the wings from AtiveMoto and I'm REALLY happy with the quality.
Yes I wish I had paid about 50% less but it is what it is and I don't regret the purchase.
Some of our fellow forum members purchased the BearRacing wings and have been disappointed with the quality, I know Turbo was selling his set so he could get the ActiveMoto set. Is it worth the cost? only you can say, but everything about your bike is expensive.
These are pics I took just after installing the set on my bike

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Lookin really good.I'm ordering a set of the 2016 wings .Activemoto is producing them for sale this month.All the CF I've gotten from them has been awesome.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Gotta say...I've installed the cowl,side fairings so far.Incredibly awesome looking.Really makes the bike look smooth and 'dangerous'!Beautiful finish and the twill weave is perfectly done.It has a particular fluid effect to it.Something the stock fairings don't have.Looks like it was poured on the frame and all.Gorgeous.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great pictures @racer172

The bottom wings look exactly like the H2R ones, the top wings look the same but appear to be on a different mounting angle? (or is that just the picture?)

What did you do for indicators?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Great pictures @racer172
The bottom wings look exactly like the H2R ones, the top wings look the same but appear to be on a different mounting angle? (or is that just the picture?) What did you do for indicators?
As far as I know they are the same angle as the original R wings, but as you probably know last year Kawi completely changed the upper wing shape/design, not sure why, probably just styling..?
No indicators, I only use the upper wings when I take the bike to the track, in the canyons I still use the stock mirrors. With the way my group passes each others in the canyons I need those good mirrors to know who's behind me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, it might just be an optical illusion in your picture... I was remembering them more horizontal like the pic below.

Makes sense wanting mirrors in the canyons.

How many laps of the track before you stop looking in the wings?

I know when I ran-in the H2R around the Phillip Island track I was constantly looking at the wings and saying to myself, not a mirror, only to tip into the next corner and look at the wings again and say, not a mirror in my head... repeat ...repeat. Sessions later in the day after I changed the oil were easier as I was too busy (frantic?) and didn't have anything catching me to care.

Your wings look like factory ones, what difference to you feel on the track over mirrors in the canyons?

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
How many laps of the track before you stop looking in the wings?
what difference to you feel on the track over mirrors in the canyons?
LOL! that has never even crossed my mind, I guess because I have hundreds of race hours under my belt. Actually now that I think of it the 1 thing that goes through my mind when I pass somebody on the track is they are probably seeing the wings and saying to themselves "oh it's that H2"....stupid huh? but it does make the bike awfully recognizable.
Difference between the wings vs. mirrors... honestly not a huge difference, but I do fell a bit more front-end confidence with the wings in the 150mph corners. The only way I could truly answer that question is to use both on the same track on the same day and feel the difference. Neither one bother me at all though.

Reactions: ayjayef

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have just the lower wings and can completely feel a difference in front end bounce above 70mph. It strangely enough keep the bouncing down a bit with just the lower ones. The faster I get the more it really does push down.

NOLA

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
After the H2R was released,I watched some WSB and MotoGP stuff...there were LOTS of bikes there using the new lower wing configurations.Hadn't seen any before that,but there probably were some experiments.Anyway,they seemed to have started this from the H2R.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
@Aj..."I was remembering them more horizontal like the pic below".

There's a small difference between the two models.The H2R is more pointy,the H2,a bit rounder.This may be what's making them appear different.Camera angle also plays a part like you said.

·
Registered
238 Posts
@h2madness!

They banned the wings in MotoGP this season but the crafty teams installed them internally instead.

I'm guessing they would love to run external wings still but have to work inside fairings now for pretty obvious reasons...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts