Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something is getting lost in the translation and their terms are a bit different from everyone else's. Looking at the regular Twill weave version; does anyone know what the difference between the Twill weave dry carbon (DC) and the Open fiber dry carbon (KDC)? They both look the same (and neither of them are actually 'dry').

My guess is that one is room temp dried with epoxy (heaver) and the other is impregnated, vacuumed and baked (lighter and stronger). I'd love to know clearly what the heck they're talking about before I order but I can't make heads or tails of their site - even their acronyms don't match.

They don't have sample cards you can buy and the stuff is too expensive to order one of each to test…help!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm sure you've seen it but here: --�ÞŽ¿�FŒ©–{--

Way back when I was shopping for some carbon parts for my race bike I asked them a similar question and I think they offered to send some swatches of the materials. It was a few years ago so my memory might be acting up.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm sure you've seen it but here: --�ÞŽ¿�FŒ©–{--

Way back when I was shopping for some carbon parts for my race bike I asked them a similar question and I think they offered to send some swatches of the materials. It was a few years ago so my memory might be acting up.
Thanks. I saw that but it still doesn't indicate any difference between the two 'twill weave' carbon parts which are what I'm interested in. They look the same but the manufacturing is somehow different. I also read on a couple of the other forums that they only lasted 3-4 years before they started degrading. If one has a UV clear that would explain the cost difference....I emailed them but never got any response. It's probably resin (cheaper) vs autoclave (stronger, lighter) but I just want to be sure before I jump in with both feet.

Webb!ke is having a 7% off sale and the yen is down...seems like now is as good a time to stock up as any.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard back; this is what they said. Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

About the characteristics of each material

Strength opened
Carbon Kevlar
Dry woven carbon,
Twill Weave Dry Carbon

As the top of the material, it is a high strength.

Lightness opening
Carbon Kevlar
Dry woven carbon,
Twill Weave Dry Carbon

As the top of the material, it is lightweight.

Therefore, the lightest model in the high-strength will be [open Fiber dry carbon specification].

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
We look forward to serving you.

Best regards,
Webike staff

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is some A+ quality machine-translated engrish.

I did some searching, this is labelled as Open Carbon:

So I believe it's just another pattern of carbon. Normal weave, twill weave, and then this one which is almost in a grid pattern.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That is some A+ quality machine-translated engrish.

I did some searching, this is labelled as Open Carbon:

So I believe it's just another pattern of carbon. Normal weave, twill weave, and then this one which is almost in a grid pattern.
Lol. They specifically request you contact them in english...but nobody there actually speaks it. Its bizarre.

I asked them like a hundred times and they kept telling me they were all the same. All i wanted to know was; whats the difference between the two twill weave parts that look the same but cost different. At this point I'm just gonna guess that one is room temp resin and the other is vacuumed and cooked (aka autoclaved). They also use terms differently than we do - none of that stuff is actually 'dry' carbon which should look matte. Its all so confusing. Just as long as it doesn't show up looking like a chess board I'll be happy....

I'm going to order a full set to replace all the painted parts on my R - but before I jump in I want to be sure that I choose correctly. Think i might buy two front fenders to compare and then sell whichever one I don't keep. Unfortunately they dragged their feet on answering my questions until the sale expired so I'm going to have to wait until another sale pops up before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
170 Posts
"All of the A-TECH dry carbon products, stickers with the motif of the door of the autoclave kettle comes with.
Products that this marked was condensed framework of our technology, is intended to guarantee the best quality.

This page seems to say there are price differences between carbon and carbon kevlar.

The logo indicates they are both autoclaved, if they have the sticker.

--Ninja H2/H2R 15- ƒ^ƒ“ƒNƒpƒbƒh ƒ^ƒCƒvS--

A friend is going to Japan March 1 ... hmmm ; >)

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"All of the A-TECH dry carbon products, stickers with the motif of the door of the autoclave kettle comes with.
Products that this marked was condensed framework of our technology, is intended to guarantee the best quality.

This page seems to say there are price differences between carbon and carbon kevlar.

The logo indicates they are both autoclaved, if they have the sticker.

--Ninja H2/H2R 15- ƒ^ƒ“ƒNƒpƒbƒh ƒ^ƒCƒvS--

A friend is going to Japan March 1 ... hmmm ; >)
Excellent! The autoclaved parts were what I was after.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was away the past week, so I had no chance to talk to my friend.

If there is still something unclear I will ask him on Monday...

Frio
Its all still pretty unclear. If your friend can clarify and you can post it here, I'm sure that information can/will be used my many for years to come. And you'll have my undying gratitude. Its a lot of money to spend on a poorly educated, mostly assumption, guess.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Its all still pretty unclear. If your friend can clarify and you can post it here, I'm sure that information can/will be used my many for years to come. And you'll have my undying gratitude. Its a lot of money to spend on a poorly educated, mostly assumption, guess.
Try to pose some photos for you after my chess broad stuffs arrived on March

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok, here is the answer translated by my friend:

For the strength and weight, they said that the material is in this order:
Kaisen(KDC) (sheet fabric waving) > Kevlar(DCK) > sheblon waving (DC) = flat waving(CDC).

It seems that "Kaisen" become recently popular (since 2010) for F1 car manufacturing.

All the manufacturing processes are very similar.
++Put prepreg sheets to the mold
++bake it in the autoclave
++UV laser cutting
++urethane surface finishing

Frio

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, here is the answer translated by my friend:

For the strength and weight, they said that the material is in this order:
Kaisen(KDC) (sheet fabric waving) > Kevlar(DCK) > sheblon waving (DC) = flat waving(CDC).

It seems that "Kaisen" become recently popular (since 2010) for F1 car manufacturing.

All the manufacturing processes are very similar.
++Put prepreg sheets to the mold
++bake it in the autoclave
++UV laser cutting
++urethane surface finishing

Frio
Awesome. Thanks for finding that out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts