Ninja H2 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to a great video review from Loz Blaine of Gizmag. Those unfamiliar with Gizmag should look it up. Great stuff! Covers the gamut of cutting edge misc. topics of the day. Anyhow.......

This link, http://1drv.ms/1VsOtV6, has two files. One is the video review of the 2015 H2 and the other file is Blaine's review that I've turned into a MS Word document. Both are great.

If you've not already seen the video and printed review, you'll find it worthy!:)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Interesting that he mentioned a 14,000 red line.

You have to wonder if he really opened it up because he'd know that the red line is at 13,000 on the stock 2015 bike he was riding.

I do like "an elegant artwork of extreme violence" though.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Interesting that he mentioned a 14,000 red line.

You have to wonder if he really opened it up because he'd know that the red line is at 13,000 on the stock 2015 bike he was riding.
Yeah, that whole article was kinda like uninspired refried beans. There's really not much new to say and the guy who wrote the article isn't very poetic about rehashing old material. He's also epically late to the game. And I can't quite put my finger on it but the whole thing sounded a bit too 'butch'. Like that scene in Hitch where the gay black guy is trying to bust Will Smith but he has to play hetero to do it. "I, uh, girl! She was so hot! Mmmhmm." I'm not calling the guy gay, I'm just saying my spidey-sense is telling me that something is off. Like every article on Jalopnik where they act tough in their bow ties and hipster beards repeating Jeremy Clarkson. Or listening to a ricer talk about V-tech. Like the link to the thing and the person never really connected in any meaningful way and he's just going through the motions.

Idk. Maybe I'm spoiled from reading Fast Bikes. Now THAT'S how you do a review. If you don't have May '15, you're missing out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I most likely should not have called it a "great review." However, I think you guys are putting too much technical emphasis on what is a real world ride impression by a non-expert outside of our world. The review reminds me of some movies that can only be enjoyed if one overlooks the few spots within that are blatantly stupid. The example of that in the review is the getting stuck in the sand bit. Obviously it fails miserably.

Personally, for me, Blaine's commentary during the ride was thoroughly enjoyable. It sounded genuine. It reminded me a lot of my first impressions. I might add here the last quick bike I had for the road was an '82 Hans Muth Katana 1000 so first impressions of my H2 might be a bit more awestruck then your experiences. Yes, more in line with the non-expert in the review.

Don't get me wrong, I completely concur with your observations but I do think this review stands separate from the traditional technical review we all look to in order to learn about the machine. This review was all about writing for an audience separated from our world.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Hey, if it was great for you, it was great for you. No need to apologize. No one is judging and there are no right answers. I respect your opinion - we're just talkin' and I shared mine. Maybe it is a great review and I just have horrible taste... Dif'rent strokes man.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know Loz personally and have done for a number of years and i can confirm without a doubt he is not gay.His time was limited with the bike if you check out his other reviews you will find a much longer video reviews and also discover yes he has his own styles which is quite refreshing i think.when i see him next (this weekend probably) i will convey your thoughts to him .

·
Banned
546 Posts
I know Loz personally and have done for a number of years and i can confirm without a doubt he is not gay.His time was limited with the bike if you check out his other reviews you will find a much longer video reviews and also discover yes he has his own styles which is quite refreshing i think.when i see him next (this weekend probably) i will convey your thoughts to him .
Never called him gay (not that there's anything wrong wrong with that). I just didn't think he related to the bike. I was trying to think of an example to explain my reaction to his odd sounding reaction that others might be able to understand. The movie Hitch was the first thing that popped into my head because it's been running in a loop on cable lately. It has no relation other than drawing a parallel to the fact that he failed to convince me he had any real connection to the bike - like the guy in the movie failed to make Hitch believe he had any real interest in women. It read as false bravado, like he was trying too hard. There, that's how I should've said it. Please, for the love of God, don't tell that dude I said he was gay, (not that there's anything wrong wrong with that), because I didn't.

If he is gay, then tell him I said he was and that I totally support his choice. It's 2016 man, I'm open minded. You go girl. (I'm just making it worse now, aren't I?)

You can tell him all that other stuff I said though if you want to be a total jerk and hurt his feelings. It was my opinion - I stand by it - but I'm not the arbiter of taste. Maybe he's the next Walt Whitman. IDK.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Never called him gay (not that there's anything wrong wrong with that). I just didn't think he related to the bike. I was trying to think of an example to explain my reaction to his odd sounding reaction that others might be able to understand. The movie Hitch was the first thing that popped into my head because it's been running in a loop on cable lately. It has no relation other than drawing a parallel to the fact that he failed to convince me he had any real connection to the bike - like the guy in the movie failed to make Hitch believe he had any real interest in women. It read as false bravado, like he was trying too hard. There, that's how I should've said it. Please, for the love of God, don't tell that dude I said he was gay, (not that there's anything wrong wrong with that), because I didn't.

If he is gay, then tell him I said he was and that I totally support his choice. It's 2016 man, I'm open minded. You go girl. (I'm just making it worse now, aren't I?)

You can tell him all that other stuff I said though if you want to be a total jerk and hurt his feelings. It was my opinion - I stand by it - but I'm not the arbiter of taste. Maybe he's the next Walt Whitman. IDK.
There is no way anyone could hurt Lozs feelings ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read a bunch of his stuff on Gizmag and highly appreciate the humorous approach he brings to his work. The picture that accompanies his short Bio I think supports your statement that nothing would hurt his feelings. When I made the MS Word file from his published article, I made sure I included that Bio at the end because of the picture.:)

I've shown the video on a big screen to numerous lay people and all have enjoyed it. He hit the mark for his audience for sure.

However, you can tell him for me, the sand bit was a little too much!:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Loz is also famous for his hit musical fart Lozs 7 tone musical fart featured on youtube,as well as being quite a capable singer in a acopalla band called Suade..Plus his efforts in Drawing dicks on the Herald sun (Australian newspaper)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Mahl2 can you ask him how the acceleration compares to the lightning electric bike he rode? Is it on par with the H2 or quicker?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Mahl2 can you ask him how the acceleration compares to the lightning electric bike he rode? Is it on par with the H2 or quicker?
From Blaine's article.

So what's faster, the Kawasaki H2 or the Lightning LS-218?
Ever since I rode the electric Lightning LS-218, which still holds the land speed record for fastest production bike at Bonneville, I've been hanging out to compare the feeling of that bike, the King of Electrics, to the H2, current King of the Fossil Burners.
The only fair test of the two motors side by side would have to be a top gear roll-on test, because the Lightning bike is limited to a single gear that goes all the way up to 300-plus kilometers per hour.
I'm here to tell you that in a top gear roll-on from any speed, I believe the Lightning would leap away from the H2 and disappear into the sunset in a vulgar and decisive display of instant, electric torque. Words cannot adequately capture the grim, shrieking violence that bike unleashes when you go to full throttle from 60 miles per hour. The H2 wouldn't stand a chance.
But it's not that simple, because the Kawasaki's six-speed gearbox and clutch give the H2 rider access to more acceleration earlier. In a drag race, the H2 will jump off the line at the speed of traction control, while the Lightning bike is taking some time to get out of bed. I believe the Kawasaki would take the quarter mile from a standing start.

And I think things would maybe be competitive if you put the Kawasaki in third, at least until it ran out of revs. It's all a little academic anyway, Lightning has just released its own software patch that gives you nearly 50 extra horsepower on top of the brain-melting power of the bike I rode, and those guys are looking into whether they can be bothered putting together an LS-218R that will put the argument to rest in no uncertain terms.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No gentleman's agreement (max 200hp, 300kmh) for electric bikes?
It's not fair :crying:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would far rather have the ninja H2. So I have a 2016 incoming! How many dealers does Lightning have? Will they be around in 5 years? How is the handling? Can't ride 200 km then fill up and so on. Kawasaki has been building bikes and supporting them for decades .... And with the ecu etc mods I'm skeptical the Lightning can beat it...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lucky to get 200ks per tank when your on the gas , light flasing well before that.I think Loz summed it up pretty well once the lightning gets going the H2 is toast,plus there looking at an upgraded ecu on the lightning so all things being even and knowing Loz i would take his word for it.He also states that in a off the line race the H2 would probably win

1 - 18 of 18 Posts