Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions guys

1. What material are the standard downpipes on the H2 made from

2. If you were to cut out the CAT and fabricate a link pipe, what effect would this have on the fueling

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Couple of questions guys

1. What material are the standard downpipes on the H2 made from

2. If you were to cut out the CAT and fabricate a link pipe, what effect would this have on the fueling

Cheers Rob
I think if cut cat out you would benefit a reflash. If you didn't reflash you would defiantly need o2 sensor in.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have been wondering what the power difference is between a flashed bike with filter, cat delete and slip on verses the same bike with full exhaust? No body knows but I'd bet it's near nothing.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have been wondering what the power difference is between a flashed bike with filter, cat delete and slip on verses the same bike with full exhaust? No body knows but I'd bet it's near nothing.
Agreed , the cat is the bottleneck in the standard exhaust , the Kawasaki down pipes look so smooth and flowing I cannot see an improvement in them until it hits the cat so like yourself I would say the difference between a flashed , filter, full exhaust would be very very close to a flashed , filter, decat and slip on .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Agreed , the cat is the bottleneck in the standard exhaust , the Kawasaki down pipes look so smooth and flowing I cannot see an improvement in them until it hits the cat so like yourself I would say the difference between a flashed , filter, full exhaust would be very very close to a flashed , filter, decat and slip on .
Perhaps.... Instead of 4 - 1 (w/ single mid pipe) Brock's full exhaust is different, having 2 header collectors, into a 2 pipe mid pipe. So while having the oem into cat might not benefit from higher flow w/ out the cat, it might. And I've seen some custom made mid pipes that look a lot smaller than the outlet of the OEM header collector, like a bottle neck so think it might depend. Plus if you are running Brocks map without Dyno tuning your bike there might be something to the fact it was created for that specific Brocks exhaust. I know where Brock stands on it based on his comments. It would be really interesting to see a test, w/ just switching the exhaust on the same bike, same dyno, same time.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
One of my friends, a fellow H2 owner, has just de-catted his bike. It's fitted with the Akra' end can.

I'm waiting for him to have it dyno'd and I'm going to put my noise meter on it too. Hopefully will have some data soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Peak power it's not the only thing to consider. It would be interesting to see a complete graph of both, to see also the low-mid range differences, where I believe there will be the major differences.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It would be a shame to hack up the standard down pipes and remove cat. I'm putting T3 on and packing standard stuff away just in case I sell bike as it will go back to standard downpipes pipe.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Without wishing to be antagonistic I'm really not keen on either the Brocks or the T3 two into one section of the exhaust , I've said it before but the Kawasaki pipe bends are so smooth and professionally designed they look soooo right but just this small section looks rather amateurish to my eye .
It lets down the overall look of the exhaust especially after the H2R style silencer looks so well made .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Without wishing to be antagonistic I'm really not keen on either the Brocks or the T3 two into one section of the exhaust , I've said it before but the Kawasaki pipe bends are so smooth and professionally designed they look soooo right but just this small section looks rather amateurish to my eye .
It lets down the overall look of the exhaust especially after the H2R style silencer looks so well made .
Well I agree it looks well made but to also cut the cat out and make a link pipe and get this welded on to me is not a good option. Each to their own.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well I agree it looks well made but to also cut the cat out and make a link pipe and get this welded on to me is not a good option. Each to their own.
If I were to fit an aftermarket system I would do exactly what you have done and keep the standard exhaust uncut and stored away .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts