Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information about the H2R I could not find elsewhere.

What is the cooling system filled with? Just water or a track-approved anti-freeze? (Will I need to keep it in a climate controlled area)?

Are the oil pan plug and brakes safety-wired from the factory or do I have to do that?

What were the break-in requirements?

Does the headlight switch actually do anything? Did Kawasaki leave the wiring in place for the lights, turn signals etc (What I'm asking I guess is are the plugs still in place or is the wiring harness H2R only?) Does it have a horn?

What type of fuel are you running in it?

Have you tried Supercorsas or any other non-Bridgestone tires?

Do you have any issues on track days with noise or are people just happy to see you? :)

Thank You!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can answer the break-in question. Ride it like you stole it! Probably should do the first oil, and filter at 300 miles. Check for metal.

There are other H2R guys that went ahead and installed head lights, tag holder, etc., and are running it on the street. You might change the slicks to street tires.

I think some of the tracks in the UK won't let you run the stock exhaust. I'm not sure about all of the tracks in the USA. Heck I'd just be happy to see one!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Permanent type of antifreeze/coolant (soft water and ethylene glycol plus corrosion and rust inhibitors)for aluminum engines & radiators.

From the factory it is mixed at 50% / has a freezing point of minus 31F. For mixture ratio choose what's required based on storage temps/antifreeze used/freezing point chart.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Permanent type of antifreeze/coolant (soft water and ethylene glycol plus corrosion and rust inhibitors)for aluminum engines & radiators.

From the factory it is mixed at 50% / has a freezing point of minus 31F. For mixture ratio choose what's required based on storage temps/antifreeze used/freezing point chart.
Thanks.

Hmmmm. So this does have to be removed for track days. Crud.

On the fuel I was wondering if the R had any stringent requirements for octane rating or O2 per the manual - or does it just run on 93? Am I going to have to re-up my account at VP?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am looking for information about the H2R I could not find elsewhere.

What is the cooling system filled with? Just water or a track-approved anti-freeze? (Will I need to keep it in a climate controlled area)?

Are the oil pan plug and brakes safety-wired from the factory or do I have to do that?

What were the break-in requirements?

What type of fuel are you running in it?

Have you tried Supercorsas or any other non-Bridgestone tires?

Do you have any issues on track days with noise or are people just happy to see you? :)

Thank You!
My friend, who is a dealer, has the H2R. Kawasaki UK asked him if he would like them to break it in for him. I understood that to mean heat-cycling the engine in their workshop and changing the oil. They didn't ride it as the tyres were still fresh when the bike arrived.

He changed the tyres for the RS10, as used on the H2, because he wanted to run standing-miles which destroys the slicks. He did use the high octane fuel which is recommended but I'm not sure of the details. At the track he managed to get it through scrutineering (somehow) but they excluded him after one run for excess noise. They measured it at 120dB. The upper limit they accept is 105dB, so he's looking into an alternative exhaust system for next season.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'd rather do the break-in myself just to be sure. Probably rent or buy a dyno, put on a cheap tire and do them in the garage. I can't imagine letting a service guy alone with my H2R for a couple hundred miles no matter how much I trust him.

Did he say how high an octane is suggested? Is it 93 or more like 110?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts