Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Mr. H2 owners!

I took delivery of my H2 just this past Tuesday the 21st of April 2015. I have six (6) miles on it thus far! Parked in my shop so close I can smell it and I haven't the time currently to escape with it. God! It's horrible!! Tomorrow is Saturday! Then................!!

I'm no stranger to bikes. To give you an idea, I started out when 165 Harley Hummers were still new! Now days I ride very little on the street, too dangerous! Instead I run a highly modified '85 750 Turbo at Bonneville. Been doing that since 2007. I run MPS BF 1000cc out there in an alien landscape.

The H2 forced me to rethink my riding strategy. It took very little reasoning to justify the purchase. I no longer have a need to do commuting to a job so don't have to subject myself to that kind of traffic. Well, that's it!

I'm considering taking the H2 with me to the World of Speed venue this year. Stand a good chance for a red hat. Most likely be the only H2 out there this year. Have to be a **** fool to run an H2 on the salt!

My VIN on the H2 is 471. I'm hoping thru sharing on this site to add more power! >:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
My VIN on the H2 is 471. I'm hoping thru sharing on this site to add more power! >:D
Congrats on your new baby/toy. See in that you have bike #471 and getting it just now, I wonder if the number are actually everyone's order receive number in line.

Congrats again!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious myself but I don't think anyone in the customer base has a definitive answer.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hi and welcome. Just need to ask your location and check you have have dialled out throttle free play !!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hail from Sacramento, California. Throttle free play!? I've had a chance to put two miles on it since Tuesday just past.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I hail from Sacramento, California. Throttle free play!? I've had a chance to put two miles on it since Tuesday just past.
Well done. Like running a marathon the last two miles are hardest. On a H2 the first two are hardest. Read the threads.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello 880 turbo - I'm from the east bay, had my h2 about 4 weeks now. It unbeleivable faster than fast, wheelie machine. When you ready to see what she can do take the traction controls to zero = 1 . And prepare your mental and physical self, to hold the f on. Have fun !!!! Your wont believe the acceleration.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've 250hp and 160lbs. torque at the tire on my Bonneville bike and removing the ballast, putting street tires and gearing on, it turns it into a fire breathing monster. I'm so looking forward to experiencing the same with the H2! I'll have to do a few mods to get up there with the turbo but I'm so looking forward to the reliable performance and not breaking the motor every single outing!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forum! I know I've seen your name over on the zx-10r.net forum..... Get that sucker to the mile ASAP and lets see what it can do!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! Welcome to the forum! I know I've seen your name over on the zx-10r.net forum..... Get that sucker to the mile ASAP and lets see what it can do!
I sat with the service manual last night for a couple hours. Came to the conclusion the aftermath of the complete disassembly of the bike and the cleaning of all the circuit connections is not worth running on the salt. I have to take my turbo bike apart every time we run out there. six months after a run and taking it apart for cleaning, salt can still be found. In fact, dregs of salt can be seen on the shop floor under the bike months after cleaning and re-assembly!

So, I'm not planning to run the H2 out there. I would need a far greater incentive then a red hat to do so.

I'm looking forward to the next Mojave Mile!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts