Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual talks about KTRC being an aide to helping with wheelies. Well not exactly, I had the back end break loose a couple times today. When I stopped, I switched to the 2nd setting and was coming back through the twisties and was coming out of 60 mph turn and got on the gas and the front wheel came up as I shifted into 4th at about 80+ mph. Fun!!! Guess I have to show a little more respect for this thing. I was used to having the front come up in first or second, but this was a bit of a surprise.:nerd:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been working my way down throught the traction controls and got down to 2+ but still found that too intrucive pulling out of corners and even straight line stuff,so went to 1+ and great but too many wheelies ,so I have gone to 2 for a while and see how that goes,next ride will tell I may even go back to 1+.she has done 1,800ks now and not sure if its my imagination but seems a little freer.Rear tyres shagged so metzler m77r tyres going on this week.

·
Registered
787 Posts
2 ( -2 ) will catch a cold tyre, let it lift but not too much and doesn't get in the way. At 1800 miles the shifts are fantastic, it does free up and gets better (pretty darn good to start with ). The fuel economy improves as well. It will lift the front at 140 mph in fourth without trying off the throtttle. IT is one nicely set up machine, the difference from dropping the tyre pressures a couple of pounds has been eye opening for me. I've never had Top quality suspension and had to rely on the past on a heal and toe riding style and riding the tyres off a bike. REALLY looking forward to a track day when I can play with cranking it right over.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I really have come to liking the front wheel skipping off the pavement while shifting and accelerating. I reminds me of throwing a flat rock across calm water.
Quite poetic. . .More reminds me of throwing a girl against a wall and banging away. In a gentle style of course. :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I went out on cold damp roads yesterday morning and put the traction control on setting 3, just out of curiosity. It was working quite hard in 3rd and 4th gear roll-ons.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I tried KTRC on 2 for a minute...didn't stop any wheelies.Guess I'll just have to get used to lofting nicely with this baby.KTRC on 1 or 'off'.It will change into the different modes on the fly...which is nice.It will NOT go into 'off' however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts