Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
880 Turbo

Wow who ratteled your cage, Getting personal now.

I dont Need your advice Mr Profesional you do realise you are not the only person who is profesional. I dont estemate gearing or gear ratios vs power.

But lets leave it at that I have one Question

Is it possible to run 400 kph in 26 sec on a bridge as in the video.

If so please tell me Mr Profesional and in your profesional opinion, how it was done as that is the question.

Step up to the plate

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
880 Turbo

Wow who ratteled your cage, Getting personal now.

I dont Need your advice Mr Profesional you do realise you are not the only person who is profesional. I dont estemate gearing or gear ratios vs power.

But lets leave it at that I have one Question

Is it possible to run 400 kph in 26 sec on a bridge as in the video.

If so please tell me Mr Profesional and in your profesional opinion, how it was done as that is the question.

Step up to the plate
I won't give you the "professional versus amateur" argument since it clearly diverts attention away from the question about 400 km/h and somebody ends up feeling insulted.

Please read my other post answering your question about gearing, all you need to know about getting the gearing right is there. As for 400 in 26 seconds? That's possible on a 600 bhp turbo Hayabusa, Becci Ellis one of our Straightliners club members has done 264 mph in a mile on her Turbo Hayabusa, she's the fastest female rider in the world right now, but it's highly unlikely on a 300 bhp H2R.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys

In South Africa a guy by the name of
Qiunton Classen run a outfit called Dyno by Qiunt.

Now he has been developing the H2 and now the RR

But about 2 months back his bike ran 377 kmh on a GPS
With 295 hp on 1.6 km

19 -41 sprocketing

Still had power but no more legs

Now this is not LSR testing , just a morning out.

We have made a 5th and 6th gear for the H2 transmission and will be testing it soon.With some power enhancements and some mods. Hoping to go to 320 hp .

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208910238691523&id=1181958013

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uncle Bear when will you have my 5th and 6th gears ready.... You know i have a race coming up in your neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi Guys

We have made a 5th and 6th gear for the H2 transmission and will be testing it soon.With some power enhancements and some mods. Hoping to go to 320 hp .

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208910238691523&id=1181958013
Stock gearing on the H2 is 18/44 which just about hits the stock ECU's engine rev limit of 13,000 rpm at the 186mph/300kph speed limit. So for the stock bike they geared it as low as they could which is why it's so lively.

I've been using 19/42 for LSR, gives about 214 at 13,000.

What's the philosophy behind different ratios for 5th and 6th as opposed to changing the final drive ratios? How fast are you expecting to go, or is it converting the gearbox to give overdrive ratios?

·
Registered
663 Posts
If its anything like the TTS or Robinson overdrive gears for Suzuki a single tooth difference on a replacement 5th gear for a 5% speed increase and a pair of gears for 6th for a 12% increase
used by drag racers to lower final drive ratio to get a good launch and still make good top end
And by us LSR folk to get to the potential top speed and not wear a clutch out getting off the line , i have a set in my busa , mostly good, but the step between gears gets pretty big just where it would be nice to be closer , just means you cant afford to short shift 5th and need distance to wind out 6th

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The entire event screams marketing ploy for RedBull and Turkey…Still cool that the H2 gets the distinction and attention, it makes our bikes more noticeable and recognizable by the lay person….but I am throwing the BS flag on this one. The HP and aero limitations make me skeptical. If they were that deep in the computer to give fancy custom messages at the end, there is more to be unlocked to the story too...

NOLA

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If its anything like the TTS or Robinson overdrive gears for Suzuki a single tooth difference on a replacement 5th gear for a 5% speed increase and a pair of gears for 6th for a 12% increase
used by drag racers to lower final drive ratio to get a good launch and still make good top end
And by us LSR folk to get to the potential top speed and not wear a clutch out getting off the line , i have a set in my busa , mostly good, but the step between gears gets pretty big just where it would be nice to be closer , just means you cant afford to short shift 5th and need distance to wind out 6th
For LSR, running stock wheelbase, I don't find I have to slip the clutch very much on 19/42. The bike has more than enough power to lift the front wheel from a few thousand rpm in first gear which, for me, makes it more about throttle control. It will also lift the wheel with throttle in second, third and fourth. You can ease this bike off the line and concentrate on the throttle for maximum drive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This thread has turned out to be what the H2R should NOT be able to do.....lol.

Just as I said before, there will be numbers generated by H2R that keep the skeptics wonder...lol

H2R doesn't have the power...doesn't have aerodynamics...doesn't have the gears...speed is not real...lol

This is why I enjoy owning an H2R...lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
For LSR, running stock wheelbase, I don't find I have to slip the clutch very much on 19/42. The bike has more than enough power to lift the front wheel from a few thousand rpm in first gear which, for me, makes it more about throttle control. It will also lift the wheel with throttle in second, third and fourth. You can ease this bike off the line and concentrate on the throttle for maximum drive.
But if you powered it up more, ran a longer swingarm that gave you a wheel capable of a 38 sprocket , getting off the line would become a whole new game
wheras overdrive gears would let you run similar gearing to now and get off the line quickly And allow you to reach the potential of your higher power

Our salt turbo 750 is so highly geared it needs a push off and takes nearly mile to blubber its way through first gear until it gets to its power range then its a manic 2 stroke , OD gears on that would help heaps , but not thought it affordable untill i met the guys cutting my SC overdrive gears , they do custom sets for superbike racing

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
But if you powered it up more, ran a longer swingarm that gave you a wheel capable of a 38 sprocket , getting off the line would become a whole new game
wheras overdrive gears would let you run similar gearing to now and get off the line quickly And allow you to reach the potential of your higher power

Our salt turbo 750 is so highly geared it needs a push off and takes nearly mile to blubber its way through first gear until it gets to its power range then its a manic 2 stroke , OD gears on that would help heaps , but not thought it affordable untill i met the guys cutting my SC overdrive gears , they do custom sets for superbike racing

Ok, firstly I'm talking about standing-mile LSR, not Bonneville etc with several miles available.

It was discovered decades ago that, when doing top speed runs of this kind on modified production bikes, a long swing-arm was counter productive.

At Woodbridge, where we used to run with the old 200MPH Club, you could hear the turbo bike's spinning their wheels as they fought for grip at high speed. Yes, great off the line but without weight over the rear useless at speed. It didn't take long before they were all running a shorter wheelbase - problem solved.

Nearly all the quickest one-mile bikes, mostly turbo Hayabusa's run with a near normal wheelbase to get the power down. I'm talking of +250 mph machines now. They all suffer with some grip issues but not like they would with a long arm. Boost controllers are also used, programmed for each gear.

The developments we are seeing today are in aerodynamics, since engine development has gone about as far as necessary in producing power. Good traction and a slippery shape is the future.

·
Registered
663 Posts
No argument here , i was thinking 50-100mm over , enough to reduce wheelie but still get enough weight transfer for traction
we ran 230mm over at Colorado last yr but still had Bonneville weight on , it hooked up real good (206 in the 1/2 mile)but took a lot to stop ,
Boost control i think is a necessity , just need one of the flashing crowd to re do the BOV controls, even a one off flash could change the control of the BOV ramp rate to an external input variable pot or multi position switch

Aero is such a double edged sword, cant go real fast without it but makes you so at risk of wind effect , i have had some wild rides trying to get a working package , best speeds were with minimal fairing side area but still covering more important areas

Actually brings me to a question to anyone going fast on a H2R, notice any effects of a cross wind on the winglets ? often wondered if you had more air on one than the other if it would move you around ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Actually brings me to a question to anyone going fast on a H2R, notice any effects of a cross wind on the winglets ? often wondered if you had more air on one than the other if it would move you around ?
I thought the winglets were for downforce and more of an advantage in circuit racing, allowing later braking right to the apex and getting back on the power earlier. All about front grip. The H2R may be better with them unbolted for LSR. Generating downforce must produce drag. Anyone have a view on this?

I've only gone 205 on my H2 but have run in some quite windy conditions. It's very stable and stays straight, still going where you're looking without much effort. Even leaning over into a side wind it tracks straight, you just see the revs rise as you ride on the side of the tyre.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Right shape should have very little drag penalty and let you run more power through a shorter wheelbase , i like the concept , as long as its as good in practice

Bob i watch everything you say about your runs , i think you would have the most runs on the mile , and noticing things like rpm rise on the side of the tire shows just how familiar you are with the bike , now if you fitted winglets i bet you could tell within a run or 2 if they helped or hindered and by how much

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Right shape should have very little drag penalty and let you run more power through a shorter wheelbase , i like the concept , as long as its as good in practice

Bob i watch everything you say about your runs , i think you would have the most runs on the mile , and noticing things like rpm rise on the side of the tire shows just how familiar you are with the bike , now if you fitted winglets i bet you could tell within a run or 2 if they helped or hindered and by how much
I counted up my timekeeper's tickets for the H2, I've run it 44 times now over various distances, flying quarters, flying kilos, standing miles and each-way runs which we do at our records meetings. It's been speed-trapped over 200mph 18 times now so I guess I am quite at home on it.

A very good friend owns an H2R, I wonder if he'll loan me the bodywork? ;)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts