Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks good but i am a little skeptical, is that a standard rear sprocket i see in the video, and minimal changes are not going to cut it
I believe a gear ratio change has been done since Kawasaki claim a top speed of 380 in standard gear, but this will not affect the speedo reading since it takes the signal from the wheel speed sensors.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nice run but speedo figures?? Yes the bike does have wheel speed sensors but the speedo is still optimistic.

It would have been so much better with a set of figures from a proper speed-trap or even GPS.

This is just my humble opinion - but even the H2R hasn't enough power for near 250 mph speeds. The Hayabusa turbo's running at 250 and above all have at least 500 bhp, some a great deal more. You couldn't do it on a 300 bhp bike that's not very aerodynamic and in a short distance too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice run but speedo figures?? Yes the bike does have wheel speed sensors but the speedo is still optimistic.

It would have been so much better with a set of figures from a proper speed-trap or even GPS.

This is just my humble opinion - but even the H2R hasn't enough power for near 250 mph speeds. The Hayabusa turbo's running at 250 and above all have at least 500 bhp, some a great deal more. You couldn't do it on a 300 bhp bike that's not very aerodynamic and in a short distance too.
Yes, of course 400 kph speedo reading, not certified speed. What i mean is that a sprocket change will not alter the reading like on many bikes of the past.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

I'm in total agreement with you Bob. Those in LSR see lots of holes in this.:|

·
Registered
674 Posts
Cut custom wheel trigger discs and anything is possible

I think 250 mph or 400kph is possible with 400hp , Not easy in a mile but doable with the right setup , we were getting 237 at Colorado mile with around 400hp with a very heavy and overgeared bike and i have done over 250 at Bonneville in 2 1/2 miles using around 400 (traction limited how much Hp we could use )

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

I think 250 mph or 400kph is possible with 400hp , Not easy in a mile but doable with the right setup , we were getting 237 at Colorado mile with around 400hp with a very heavy and overgeared bike and i have done over 250 at Bonneville in 2 1/2 miles using around 400 (traction limited how much Hp we could use )
Mike Garcia got a 248 at Mojave on his Sims built 400hp turbo 'Busa. Rich isn't done with it yet. He thinks there's 255 in it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That was a great speed by Mike , nice bodywork on that bike too , its going to use that 400 or so hp pretty well , If we get enough salt the extra distance is probably all he needs and 255 may be conservative
my bodywork was not that good and my best speed was 258 in the km but i rolled off because of x wind and the mile speed was down to 251, it was that or take out the mile marker

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

I can see that Keenan, the rider, is a small guy but the H2R isn't powerful enough (optimistically 300 bhp) to accelerate to 250 mph in a mile and it's aerodynamics, this was a stock bodied bike, are against it too. This is my opinion formed from around twenty +200 runs on my H2.

Edit:
Just talking to a friend of mine who has an H2R. He was speed-trapped by our very accurate equipment at Elvington at 209 mph and the dashboard memory had 225 recorded. That's +7%.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some inside information

Transmision in 5th and 6 th has been modified.

Kawasaki does have a modified transmision for the H2R that will run 250 mph

The SC boost is up to 27 psi.

And all this is stock

238 mph has been done on a H2 with out the transmition mod.On GPS

People dont realise how mutch the aero kit and wings do on the H2R

This mod on the Transmition will tame the power and make the bike more ridable with a longer range

·
Registered
265 Posts
Some inside information

And all this is stock :)
Max boost is 159kpa (23psi) as stated also on the dash, and I believe is a simple final drive change because the bike is faster in any gear respect to stock not only in 5th and 6th

·
Registered
674 Posts
Overdrive gears would be nice , any links or details available on this ? a 5% change would make the speed more believable

Counted a 42 t sprocket on the bike

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Some inside information

And all this is stock

238 mph has been done on a H2 with out the transmition mod.On GPS

People dont realise how mutch the aero kit and wings do on the H2R
Firstly, over-gearing a bike does not make it go faster. For speed you need power. What you need to know is how fast a particular bike will go with a given amount of power and you have to take into account it's aerodynamics, it's weight and the distance available. Then you gear it accordingly. Over-estimate the gearing and you'll go slower. These are exact calculations born from experience but the variables on the day include air pressure, temperature and wind strength/direction.

Secondly the wings on the H2 are not for top speed, they are for downforce. If anything they will cost speed.

From decades of LSR experience I'm extremely doubtful that you can get to 250mph in a mile with the power the H2R makes, even a modified one. All this speculation, either way, could have been avoided if they'd recorded the speed properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BoB c

Please dont tell me that gearing does not give you more top end

The H2R out of the box is a 200 hp setup , now you go and put all the extras on and end up at 310 hp

With all this exstra power

You telling me the gearing is still right for this bike

Ask Rickeys coments on riding a 302 hp short wheel base bike at the LSR he had to get out of it 4 times 5th and 6th wheelies.Even Richard on the 216 mph pass on the video sias he had to get out of it because of wheelies .

The alternitive is a Arm but then with to mutch power you get Wheelspin

To get the power to wheel ratio right , the only way is gearing the longer your gearing the higher the speed, the lower the gearing the stronger it runs.

Drag bikes do 200 mph in 400 m using all the gears but that is where it stops at 400 m

Now you go 1 mile and you change the gearing then you go more than 200 mph and it rakes longer to get there ans is smoother

Yes you do need power to pull the longer gears but you have it as you are 100 hp over stock.

Zx12 and Busa used these gears since 2000 as it was a hit , there you only had 25 to 40 hp over stock.

I am not guessing if Kawasaki has a spesial transmition with the 5 th and 6 th diiff i know

Please go and look at the video agian ,

1.Count the gears and see the speed
2 Lisen to the lenght of 5 th and 6 th they are way longer than the rest.
3. How do you go 360kph 225 mph then only change to 6 th

This guy is briliant and did well, smooth means fast. With all the power on the dyno and you cant use it onthe road means nothing.

If you dont belive me in box me and i will show tou the calculation

1 tooth up in 5 th
2 theeth up in 6 th

With 320 hp will give you 258 mph

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
BoB c

Please dont tell me that gearing does not give you more top end

The H2R out of the box is a 200 hp setup , now you go and put all the extras on and end up at 310 hp

With all this exstra power

You telling me the gearing is still right for this bike

Ask Rickeys coments on riding a 302 hp short wheel base bike at the LSR he had to get out of it 4 times 5th and 6th wheelies.Even Richard on the 216 mph pass on the video sias he had to get out of it because of wheelies .

The alternitive is a Arm but then with to mutch power you get Wheelspin

To get the power to wheel ratio right , the only way is gearing the longer your gearing the higher the speed, the lower the gearing the stronger it runs.

Drag bikes do 200 mph in 400 m using all the gears but that is where it stops at 400 m

Now you go 1 mile and you change the gearing then you go more than 200 mph and it rakes longer to get there ans is smoother

Yes you do need power to pull the longer gears but you have it as you are 100 hp over stock.

Zx12 and Busa used these gears since 2000 as it was a hit , there you only had 25 to 40 hp over stock.

I am not guessing if Kawasaki has a spesial transmition with the 5 th and 6 th diiff i know

Please go and look at the video agian ,

1.Count the gears and see the speed
2 Lisen to the lenght of 5 th and 6 th they are way longer than the rest.
3. How do you go 360kph 225 mph then only change to 6 th

This guy is briliant and did well, smooth means fast. With all the power on the dyno and you cant use it onthe road means nothing.

If you dont belive me in box me and i will show tou the calculation

1 tooth up in 5 th
2 theeth up in 6 th

With 320 hp will give you 258 mph
Go back and read Bob's message again. Nowhere does he state gearing does not give you more top end. He said over-gearing would not give you more speed.

Your prose reads as if you've partaken from the cool-aid pitcher provided by the event hosts. Your messages also project you have very little experience in the world of LSR. Numbers from publications mean nothing to we who have been there and done that.

Redbull obviously, in referring to the video, has a stake in seeing the predetermined 400kph goal. The pro road-racer, and many others that were involved have an agenda as well.

The author of the article that accompanied the video through his writing shows his lack of knowledge on what he reported. His writing also smacks of being feed from the promoters material that is directed at a readership without a general knowledge of the subject.

Your apparent tunnel vision has not allowed you to listen to the real professionals of LSR on this site that have gently and repeatedly tried to steer your thinking toward reality. These professionals hold many world speed records, build and test their own equipment, have dedicated many years to LSR, and have provided their expertise to grateful manufacturers.

In short, this run on the bridge was a publicity stunt directed toward lay people. A real effort toward a production bike LSR record would have seen the appropriate timing equipment used.

My advice? Drop this as it appears you're waaay out of your league in trying to convince true professionals of LSR.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A quick question...

What is the standard rev limit for an H2R?

At the end of the video, you can see the bike rev'd to 14550... I thought 14k was standard? If that were the case, how much would those extra rpm's help/influence the outcome?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts