Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Funny how people claiming that H2 has 400hp when even the owner doesn't know what it makes or just doesn't want to actually say he put it on a dyno. I guess 400hp H2 made for a better video title than 350hp H2 or 330hp H2 and people are more likely to click on it as well. Either way that Busa should have put in work like it did and the H2 was blowing through the tire as you can hear in the video. Beemer on 100shot would have been a pretty good run though if they were clean runs

·
Registered
247 Posts
The rider on the h2 was terrible. Looked like his first day. And a stage 3 gears with intercooler and a Full exhaust doesnt make anywhere near 400hp. In the vid with the volume cranked, you hear him say when asked ?stage 4 gears and built motor and tranny?, then when they run that bike, in the written description of it, they state ?stage 3 gears?. I have had the pleasure of owning and operating a 400hp turbo hayabusa for over 12,000 miles before I sold her. That bike looked like it was not in that 400hp realm. 330-350 hp, that seems more likely to me. Just my gut feeling. It would have been nice to see him slap down a dyno sheet when making a claim like that. The vid was more hype than ride, more fiction than fact.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about beemer power?
More like low to mid 300's
hp to hp the beemer win over the both H2 and Busa because the weight imo

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Modding the H2 engine to perform like an H2r is just asking for it(IMO).No way would I trust NOS or any gearing changes in the sc on an H2.Cams and all that.I guess if you want to go by the H2R factory maintenance deal...by all means go for it.Just cause it can be done doesn't necessarily mean it should be done.That is...for a street ridden H2.Be kinda nice to see how long these motors are lasting;)My bet...not too long.I honestly considered an H2R at the beginning.Once I saw the schedules for it,it was a no brainer.Worrying about 'hours of operation' as opposed to miles...nah.
I mean,hey,I'm not against anyone doing what they choose.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The rider on the h2 was terrible. Looked like his first day. And a stage 3 gears with intercooler and a Full exhaust doesnt make anywhere near 400hp. In the vid with the volume cranked, you hear him say when asked ?stage 4 gears and built motor and tranny?, then when they run that bike, in the written description of it, they state ?stage 3 gears?. I have had the pleasure of owning and operating a 400hp turbo hayabusa for over 12,000 miles before I sold her. That bike looked like it was not in that 400hp realm. 330-350 hp, that seems more likely to me. Just my gut feeling. It would have been nice to see him slap down a dyno sheet when making a claim like that. The vid was more hype than ride, more fiction than fact.

You sir are correct. That's the MCCycleWorks H2 and it does have everything you stated and who knows what else. Ever since that bike was built people have been asking for the dyno figures and he constantly has said that he hasn't put it on the dyno yet for numbers and that he tunes on the street. How much of that is true I have no clue. I hear that he got called out by Damon on his CMP built H2 but after this video was made he put the H2 in retirement from street racing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yessir Envied, I hear Damons bike is fast! After watching YOUR vids, I think you on your machine could have handled that whole dang crew without ever needing to hit 6th gear.

·
Registered
587 Posts

His first day! It's called asphalt. His bike was setup for concrete in Texas, and he was running 19/38 gearing in that video!!! I think that tells you the power its making. The bike is an absolute beast when it hooks at the start of the race. I have ridden with him when I went down to Texas, and that guy can ride.

Modding the H2 engine to perform like an H2r is just asking for it(IMO).No way would I trust NOS or any gearing changes in the sc on an H2.Cams and all that.I guess if you want to go by the H2R factory maintenance deal...by all means go for it.Just cause it can be done doesn't necessarily mean it should be done.That is...for a street ridden H2.Be kinda nice to see how long these motors are lasting;)My bet...not too long.I honestly considered an H2R at the beginning.Once I saw the schedules for it,it was a no brainer.Worrying about 'hours of operation' as opposed to miles...nah.
I mean,hey,I'm not against anyone doing what they choose.
What was the service intervals.......8 or 12 hours of above 8krpm lol. Do you know how long it would take to hit those numbers lol! Unless you ride everywhere above 8k :D

Tee shirts and trainers on a straight road

Says it all really:rolleyes:

Rob

Says it all. Those guys in Florida have some of the fastest bikes in the world, and im serious. That yellow S1000rr has been over 230mph in the 9/10ths of a mile. Most of those guys all have a 200mph club certificate. Two guys that race with them have street busas that have been 250 and 260+mph in the standing mile. Just because they wear a t-shirt, doesn't mean they are clueless in the realm of racing. Sorry but gear isn't going to save your life when you hit an object at 200mph LOL!

Reactions: NeverScared

·
Registered
503 Posts
Says it all. Those guys in Florida have some of the fastest bikes in the world, and im serious. That yellow S1000rr has been over 230mph in the 9/10ths of a mile. Most of those guys all have a 200mph club certificate. Two guys that race with them have street busas that have been 250 and 260+mph in the standing mile. Just because they wear a t-shirt, doesn't mean they are clueless in the realm of racing. Sorry but gear isn't going to save your life when you hit an object at 200mph LOL!
Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical;)

Yep to do those speeds you have got big balls and just a bit more space up top:)

I think our interpretation of "racing" may be somewhat different;)

Rob

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yessir Envied, I hear Damons bike is fast! After watching YOUR vids, I think you on your machine could have handled that whole dang crew without ever needing to hit 6th gear.
Man I have never taken my H2 on the street to race. I was just starting to get better at the track before the motor took a ****. So after this build I will have to learn all over again with all the new found power. When I get back Damon and I are planning to try and hit up a drag strip to have some fun. So its going to be fun to see how my bike perform compared to his cause I aint hold back with anything on this build and still searching for more stuff.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think our interpretation of "racing" may be somewhat different;)

Rob

Racing is racing! Whether its circuit, drag, dirt, air etc etc. Everyone has their own taste ;)

Reactions: Turtle1000

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Waiting for my H2 to arrive has me watching all of these videos. And having done a bit of drag racing myself (I had my 73 H2 down in the high 10s low 11s) I have never seen so many guys ride and launch so poorly. No wonder they are getting themselves beat. The real problem is they think that just adding more HP will see them through. There is a lot more to it than that. They panic when the front lifts even a little. And the guys that they are racing have been practicing, building their bikes, practicing, tuning, practicing, you get the drift.

After watching EnviedH2 launch, now that is a guy that can launch. I'd be willing to bet with him on a bone stock H2, few people on this planet could beat him in the 1/4. Put him on a de-restricted, re-geared H2 and the list would shrink even more.

As far as gear goes, we all know tee shirts and trainers are stupid. The real problem with that is if something comes up off a tire, or a big nasty bug, even debris from the other side of the road picked up by a car. When it hits you it can be very distracting and cause real problems. And when these guys fall off, there is a big chance they take out the other guy or a bystander. The gear I use has abrasion protection, but more importantly protection from the elements and riding hazards. Give me a mesh jacket in the heat any day and I will be far more comfortable than a guy in a tee shirt, the hot sun isn't hitting my skin, the wind isn't blasting my bare skin. And if I sweat, as soon as I get moving the evaporation effect cools me down.

·
Registered
836 Posts
TedG;300273 As far as gear goes said:
The protective clothing debate is the same as fox hunting in the U.K. or gun laws in the USA , listening to other people's opinions that differs from your own is not going to change their minds .
They are big boys and like it or not it takes confidence to stunt or ride at high speed in a t shirt , I really don't understand why people get so angry about what others ride in .
It's so ridiculous now in the UK that when we have a scorching hot day there are no bloody bike out because it's too hot ! It's one of life's joys to have a summer ride out , I have no time for other riders who are so righteous that they refuse to acknowledge you with a nod for not dressing in what they consider sensible .

This is not aimed at you TedG it's just my equally pointless opinion on the matter .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The protective clothing debate is the same as fox hunting in the U.K. or gun laws in the USA , listening to other people's opinions that differs from your own is not going to change their minds .
They are big boys and like it or not it takes confidence to stunt or ride at high speed in a t shirt , I really don't understand why people get so angry about what others ride in .
It's so ridiculous now in the UK that when we have a scorching hot day there are no bloody bike out because it's too hot ! It's one of life's joys to have a summer ride out , I have no time for other riders who are so righteous that they refuse to acknowledge you with a nod for not dressing in what they consider sensible .

This is not aimed at you TedG it's just my equally pointless opinion on the matter .
No offense taken.
I could give a rats a$$ about what others wear, I do care about what I wear. Oh yeah, I wave to every one on a bike regardless of the bike, apparel, whatever. BUT lets take the example of eyewear. I have personally seen a guy hit by a bug in the eye so badly he fell off the bike and took out the rider behind him.
Granted wearing a tee shirt isn't in the same league as eyewear. And I have ridden in a tee shirt in my time.
For those scorching days in the UK, try a mesh jacket. They are so much better than bare skin and a tee shirt. No flapping material, the sun is off your skin, diffused air, as well as pockets and most have some armor. I have a cool rider vest I wear under my mesh that you soak in water and anything under 75 you are freezing. I went to the last WSB in Laguna Seca wearing one and going down I5 it 118 degrees, and it felt like a 75 degree day.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Yep to do those speeds you have got big balls" In my case,probably stupidity;)...I've been over 200 on my H2.I would say...I don't think 'crashing'.I say...IF I do,I won't be feeling it.Been there a few times.I've pretty much given up the 'road racing' aspect of having a bike like this.I get into triple digits at times.But I'm surely not blastin like that all day long.Public roads.Gotta think about others out there.I do love this Electronic damper.I KNOW it's helped a bunch of times when railing.
Besides...I'm 64.Those er visits are just too hard now to go through.That and no way do I want to destroy my beloved H2.

I always wear stout gear.Just in case.

·
Registered
503 Posts
@Supercharged

What scorching hot UK day is this you talk about, mythical tales of Camelot next, have you been on wacky backy or had a bump on the head, or, your a fecking southerner, ;)

Rob

1 - 20 of 55 Posts