Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you but Ninja was the first sportbike I ever knew. Not the first bike I ever owned, but the first bike I could easily recognize. With its easy ACTUAL name, not the alphanumeric of the competition it really sticks.

It all starts with the GPZ900R, the most technically advanced bike of its time, 16 valves, liquid cooled inline 4 when the comp was still dealing with air cooled 8 valve relics....

TIMELINE

GPZ900R: The first Ninja. You may recognize this bike from its role alongside Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

Ninja 600R: You could probably attribute the modern middleweight category to the Ninja 600R

Ninja 250R: The original entry level bike, ask anyone who rides sportbikes and they'll likely tell you a Ninjette got them going.

Ninja ZX-10: The speed king of its day (170 mph) a title the Ninja would hold until 1996

Ninja ZX-11: Taking the crown from the ZX-10 and pushing the speed barrier to 175 mph

Ninja ZX-7R: One of my personal favorites with its bug eye headlmaps and racing pedigree.

Ninja ZX-10R: The 20th anniversay of the Ninja brought about the 10R, lighter than most 600's and making more power than a Hyabusa...

ZX-14R: The current big dog, 60 mph in 2.5 seconds. 1400cc's is it enough for you?

Ninja H2: What does the future hold, supercharged for sure and the threat of becoming Kawasakis undisputed performance king.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you think that Kawasaki will try to get the Ninja H2 into a movie or something for a little product placement?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think that Kawasaki will try to get the Ninja H2 into a movie or something for a little product placement?
Maybe, but its a different time for motorcycle sales. The 80's was selling a different image of guys who rode fast bikes than is sold now, the demo is different. I just don't know if it would work on the scale that Top Gun did...

What kind of movie is another question...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm sure that there are some action movies that could use the bike. Maybe some fast and furious movie or something like that. There are plenty of options.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure that there are some action movies that could use the bike. Maybe some fast and furious movie or something like that. There are plenty of options.
I'm sure there are plenty of options, but are there plenty of options that would position the H2 infront of the intended target audience and SELL It proper?

I doubt that.

Ostensibly the crowd for the H2 is going to be similar to the S1000RR, 1198 crowd. Older, with more money than squids, so stuff like Fast and Furious just wont work with the demo who can buy the bike...

·
Registered
216 Posts
In 1994 they came out with the ZX-11D model. My boy had one in maroon with big
chrome ZX-11 emblems. That was a badass bike back in da day !!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
YEAH BABY,,,mine was black that shone green in direct sun (standard paint ) with under rear seat unit up swept twin straight through carbon cans,,,,

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of options, but are there plenty of options that would position the H2 infront of the intended target audience and SELL It proper?

I doubt that.

Ostensibly the crowd for the H2 is going to be similar to the S1000RR, 1198 crowd. Older, with more money than squids, so stuff like Fast and Furious just wont work with the demo who can buy the bike...
I could see it in Transformers. They have done motorcycles before and companies seem all too excited to get their vehicles into the film. Plenty of super cars are already featured.

·
Registered
210 Posts
you forgot the most inportant one

·
Registered
57 Posts
Forgot more than one. What about the ZX-12?

Have always been a Ninja fan. Tried others but keep coming back to kawi.

<----- Me on a 600 Ninja.

Personally I didn't really care for the 'boy racer' purple graphics and went the other way...

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
750 turbo

still faster then a lot of new bikes

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to set the Ninjas in the movies record straight, Mr Cruise rode a GPz750R in top gun.
guy in this thread, C Dolan supposedly sold Paramount the 2 bikes they used for filming, he says 900...TopGun bike

regardless, no matter...Its my understanding the 750s were never imported to america?

·
Registered
79 Posts
guy in this thread, C Dolan supposedly sold Paramount the 2 bikes they used for filming, he says 900...TopGun bike

regardless, no matter...Its my understanding the 750s were never imported to america?
I read it in the MotorCycleNews so how can it not be true....;)

Unfortunately I have no further knowledge, and can't tell the 750 and 900 apart at all (if you take the decals off).

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
If there was a 750cc version of the GPz900 Ninja then no, that was not sold in North America. The Ninja 750 (like I had) was entirely different.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts