Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweetheart (H2) and I went out today. It is monsoon season in the desert southwest so I knew she would likely see her first rain if we went north from Phoenix...and she did! Nothing torrential or too long but enough for me to think, "she is fully broken in now!" I was on the highway (around Sunset Point for the locals) when we hit the rain so I ran her up to 110ish to get out of it as soon as possible. Less than 5 minutes but we were both pretty wet! >:D No pun intended I assure you.

I'll divulge more later as it is bedtime now. But here is a picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more about the 250 mile ride you went on.

Any plans to equip your H2 with a GoPro to film future action?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryder, I do plan to play with the GoPro soon. I have no idea how or where I'm going to mount it but I can't wait to make some videos.

Titan, I didn't even think to switch to rain mode. I just tucked behind the windscreen and twisted the throttle a bit more to get through with the rain. As far as I'm concerned, the rain mode is nearly worthless for a desert dweller. I can see that it may be advantageous if you were in a city setting with a lot of stop and goes and rain. But, out on the highway at a relatively constant throttle opening, I can see little advantage to rain mode.

Nessuno, I was mostly going in a straight line the whole time it was raining. I didn't feel anything to make me uneasy. I was thinking in the back of my mind that I may experience some hydro planing due to the minimal rain grooves on those tires. But, all was well. No issues.

One thing noteworthy as far as tires go. I did about 70 miles at around 80 mph in our lovely 110 degree heat. When I stopped for the first fill-up of the trip, I had a lot of balled up rubber on the center of the rear tire and excessive wear. I think it is too hot here for those tires currently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts