Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this news via email today, hope Brock doesn't mind that I copy and paste in this format. Congratulations!

Mojave Magnum Video Teaser:

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Magazine Test Bike Breaks Land Speed Record Wednesday, April 13, 2016

226.9 mph: Brock’s-Equipped Kawasaki Ninja H2 Beats its Own Land-Speed Record

Just six months after Kawasaki’s supercharged H2 superbike hit showroom floors, the Brock’s Performance R&D team went to the Ohio Mile land-speed event in September to see what she would do with its new bolt-on performance package.

With veteran land-speed racer, Zach Millholland at the controls, the nasty Ninja threw down an astounding 219.40 mph pass in less-than-perfect conditions. It was quite an accomplishment, but despite the new record, everyone knew that the bike needed a longer runway and better weather to reach its maximum speed potential.

“There was plenty left in the tank,” said Brock Davidson, the company’s super-competitive namesake, chief tuner and a veteran racer. “I was very happy with what we did back in September when the bike was relatively new, but we battled high crosswinds all weekend that limited our number of runs. We were making great progress each time out, but putting down all of the bike’s available power on a one-mile course just wasn’t possible. Clearly, we had some unfinished business to tend to.”

Another six months and 1,920 miles later, Brock was in California transforming Sport Rider magazine’s testbike into a land-speed contender.

Brock and Kent Kunitsugu, Sport Rider’s longtime editor, began talking in the winter about setting up another record attempt with the H2. The venue chosen was the SCTA’s Mojave Magnum, which runs a 1.5-mile course at the Mojave Air and Space Port, an aerospace test-flight facility in the desert at an elevation of 2,762 feet, 70 miles north of Los Angeles.

On Monday, April 4, just five days before the event, a call from the organization confirmed that Kent had been moved from the rider waiting list to the entry list. Now that they were approved to race, Brock’s quickly shipped the latest H2 go-fast parts and a set of Rotobox carbon-fiber wheels to Sport Rider headquarters.

Brock met assistant editor, Will Steenrod, on Wednesday morning to bolt on the pipe, pre-mapped Dynojet PCV, flashed ECU, lowering kit, air filter, clutch mod and wheels. They built, dyno tested and race-prepped the bike in a mere two days, just like an 'Average Joe' could tackle on any given weekend.

Thankfully, Kent is No Average Joe. He's ridden every sportbike made in the past two decades, is a championship-winning roadracer, has done hundreds of drag-strip passes and competed in other land-speed events.

So, what did he accomplish on this last-minute effort to best the previous 219 mph blast? Record-breaking runs. Kent blasted through the mile at 220.4 mph on Sunday and kept it pinned all the way through the timing lights at a top speed of 226.9 mph!

Check out our video and look for a feature story in an upcoming issue of Sport Rider magazine to see how this tremendous achievement was accomplished.

Brocks Performance: Kawasaki Ninja H2 Magazine Test Bike Breaks Land Speed Record

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This 226.9mph run was over 1.5 miles, 220.4 over the mile. Last years 219.4 was over 1 mile.

A storming run and a testament to the H2 and what it can do in the right hands.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Thanks STRADALE,

I don't mind at all.

Sport Rider had a professional photographer and videographer on site all weekend. They should be able to tell the entire story very well - on their web site and social media as well as in the pages of the mag. I won't spoil the story, but I can tell you that the H2 is far more amazing than we ever anticipated.

Brock

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks STRADALE,

I don't mind at all. Thanks!

Sport Rider had a professional photographer and videographer on site all weekend. They should be able to tell the entire story very well - on their web site and social media as well as in the pages of the mag. I won't spoil the story, but I can tell you that the H2 is far more amazing than we ever anticipated.

Brock

Fantastic work Brock and Kent, that's an awe inspiring result!
Many Congratulations.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just ordered the Brocks package for my 2016 a couple days ago. Ordered the slash cut pipe with it but it shows quantity 0. I hope the wait isn't too long. :(

·
Registered
867 Posts
19-41... the lowest gear ratio that will physically fit on the bike. At least from a practical standpoint.

Brock
Brock why use a 19 front and not just the 41 or 42 rear? Front what I saw on the gearing commander if it's right the 42 rear should be good for about 225 or so. Do you know what the top RPMs were at the end of the run? I'm heading to Lorning this September and picked up a 41 and 42 from you and I'm wondering if I need the front also....

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brock I am delighted for you and what a great achievement.

I just arrived back from the Press launch of the IOM TT as we have two bikes racing at the event this year with Gary Johnson piloting Home and we have a number of guys wanting us to run our 284.89 H2 with Gary on it to do some 'runs'. I will keep you posted if we do and we can support the Brocks team and developments this side of the Pond :)

AJ

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Brock why use a 19 front and not just the 41 or 42 rear? Front what I saw on the gearing commander if it's right the 42 rear should be good for about 225 or so. Do you know what the top RPMs were at the end of the run? I'm heading to Lorning this September and picked up a 41 and 42 from you and I'm wondering if I need the front also....
Somefun,

You will find the Sport Rider story very educational ;)

Brock

·
Registered
867 Posts
Somefun,

You will find the Sport Rider story very educational ;)

Brock
Hahaha ok ok I'll just have to wait and see then.... Thanks Brock!

Reactions: h2rcx and Brock

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Hahaha ok ok I'll just have to wait and see then.... Thanks Brock!
I can tell you this - we turned the heads of some long time turbo Busa fans who would have never even glanced at a green bike before. They not only saw the numbers we threw up on the boards (and numbers don't lie in the racing world) but they also saw the potential of the Ninja H2 in the hands of true land speed professionals. We were at Mojave to see how fast we could get a streetbike to go with bolt-ons, that's all.

Brock

·
Registered
574 Posts
What a ride, just incredible. Great effort Brock! Good wrenching+good parts+great rider= an incredible run.

Now for the Brock detractors, there is a new line in the sand - try to go beat it!

I bet they did some work to the airbox cover over the filter? When we were on the dyno last year, there was about 27hp of restriction right there in that cover. It was not the big deal that Cliffie talked about with the airfilters, but the shape of the cover and the way it slowed (killed) the flow going into the blower. My guess is that this was part of Kawasaki's plan to restrict the bike down to semi-respectable levels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
edinlr: "I bet they did some work to the airbox cover over the filter? When we were on the dyno last year, there was about 27hp of restriction right there in that cover. It was not the big deal that Cliffie talked about with the airfilters, but the shape of the cover and the way it slowed (killed) the flow going into the blower. My guess is that this was part of Kawasaki's plan to restrict the bike down to semi-respectable levels."

Huh???

·
Registered
867 Posts
edinlr: "I bet they did some work to the airbox cover over the filter? When we were on the dyno last year, there was about 27hp of restriction right there in that cover. It was not the big deal that Cliffie talked about with the airfilters, but the shape of the cover and the way it slowed (killed) the flow going into the blower. My guess is that this was part of Kawasaki's plan to restrict the bike down to semi-respectable levels."

Huh???

Yeah me too Huh???

1 - 20 of 50 Posts