Ninja H2 banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you do anything to the paint work prior to this? Hope it's just an unfortunate one off and you'll be covered under warranty. I have only seen an early model with paint imperfection, discolouration, due to neglect but didn't hear any later models with paint problems. Let us know the root of your problem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nothing crazy to the paint. I was going to get the tank and front facing fairings ceramic coated and then PPF’d, but now I’m not going to in case this issue pops up on other pieces. I have this on my 2019 H2 with no issues.

The spot in question on my 2022 is on the nose fairing and is a small roundish spot and it bubbled up. It came off during typical gentle wash with a pH neutral soap. I used a soap dispenser on my garden hose, and rinse it with the same hose. Nothing crazy there.

I thought the spot was left over suds because of the way it bubbled up, but when I passed my wash mitt over it, it pulled it off and I realized it. The loose flakes felt like tissue/foil in my hand as opposed to paint chips. The exposed layers have bubbling/orange peel where you can see even the paint underneath is not good. Everybody’s best guess is that there was a spot of grease/oil or something that was missed during the prep process at the factory that caused the paint to not adhere properly. So far it’s not happening anywhere else. The immediate paint around it looks better and you can’t see any ripples or bubbles like on the spot itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oops I see I’m behind a bit. Looks like you’ve already got it! I have the evotech tail tidy and radiator guard as well. Have fun with it!!
Yes, just got it on Friday but weather is just pissing down with torrential rain. As this is a new bike, I'm hesitant to put a leg over it in wet weather just because I'm not familiar with its character and handling capabilities. Will have to wait till it's dry for the maiden run..

·
Registered
99 Posts
H
So after only a couple weeks of ownership, the paint on my 2022 ninja h2 started peeling off and separating into tissue like flakes. Dealer looked at it and said that it definitely looks like poor prep work from Kawasaki. The layer underneath still have bubbling/orange peel. They’re going to file a claim and have my back to have Kawasaki cover it under warranty. I’ll get some pictures the next time I go to the dealer.
Holy shit man. You’ve got the worst luck with this bike… ever.

·
Registered
99 Posts
lucky for me Kawasaki is covering it with no issue. My dealer said once they saw the picture they didn't even question it or fight it. Just waiting for the new nose fairing and stickers and river mark emblem to be delivered.
yknow I just noticed the paint on my rim is peeling. I should take that in and see if I can get a warranty replacement.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Alright, she's finally here!! The wait is over, only been 11 months!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

State farm insurance was being weird, they tell me the VIN decodes to an H2R (complete with $55k MSRP), as a street legal bike. But they let me insure it so whatever.... Online VIN decoders and more importantly California DMV decoded it correctly as an H2.
The VIN is JKBZXVJ11NAxxxxxx.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts