Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if you bought your H2 new from a dealer were you able to negotiate a better price than MSRP? With such limited production and high demand I was pleasantly suprised that the H2 I just put a deposit down on does not have any kind of "premium" added to the MSRP. If you were able to get the price down how much? The dealer is wanting $33,000.00 for the 2021 H2 Carbon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted this yesterday. It gives a little background to the possible acquisition of this H2...

So today I either made the smartest decision I've made in a long time or one of the dumbest ever... At 56 years old 👨‍🦳 this absolutely reeks of a mid-life crisis! 😖

I put a $500 deposit down on a 2021 H2 Carbon. After scouring the internet and calling dealer after dealer I think I MAY have found one. According to the dealer they sold a H2 Carbon several months ago and immediately ordered a new one. I've heard numerous things from numerous dealers with regard to availability/purchasing an H2.

1) Each bike is built to order and the order period ended November 30, 2020 for the 2021 bikes, therefore you cannot get one until 2022.
2) Kawasaki will not be producing H2's for 2022.
3) Dealers had to provide a buyers name in order to place an order for an H2.
4) Some dealers have skirted that issue through various ways and that's how I am able to buy a H2 Carbon now.
5) "My" bike had already been ordered and is scheduled to arrive at the dealer in March or April (I'm not counting on that).

I'm not completely convinced that I'll actually see this bike, it was worth $500 to try and it didn't appear that, after extensive research, I had any other options. The dealer is a big dealer so I'm hoping he's just not trying to string me along. I told the dealer that if I didn't receive the bike by the end of May that I would have the option to receive my deposit back, he agreed and said it would be no problem. I figure if I come to my senses and decide it's more than I need I can probably sell it pretty easily. If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions, comments, old age jabs just let me know. Except for the old age jabs!

The countdown begins......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about any of that. That did not come from Kawasaki, it came from a forum post so who knows how accurate it is. I do know that I received a copy of my buyers order from my dealer so I'm cautiously optimistic that there is a 2021 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Carbon with my name on it. I'm hoping I see it before June...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts