Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Registered
Turbo busa has been a rumor for years now lol. Not happening anytime soon, and at this point, I am not believing anything until it comes directly from Suzuki.

Super Moderator
I wouldn't doubt that Suzuki will come up with *something* to take the Hayabusa's place, but it won't be the same/similar bike with a turbo slapped on, and it's rather likely that forced induction would come along with a downsized engine.

Suzuki is discontinuing the GSXR600 and GSXR750, too. That saddens me more.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
WTF suzuki. Lets build a race platform worldwide then let it crumble off the planet. What a shame, I had the black and yellow 05 gsxr1000 that took the world over when it came out. Guess Suzuki's gonna ride out with Harley Davidson as well.

Registered
I remember hearing this Turbo busa rumor sometime after the Zx14R was released in 2012. I will believe this **** when I see something official from Suzuki beyond filed patents and drawings.

Having owned a 2009, I am a fan of the bike. I really enjoyed mine until I discovered that the Zx14R was a lot more fun to ride. IMO, the Hayabusa is going to need a serious overhaul if its planning to make a comeback. Something beyond new paint and upgraded brakes. I'm also guessing that the lack of R&D to meet new emission standards is a sign that Suzuki wasn't expecting to see any returns.

Registered
Having both zx14 n turbo busa

The N/A zx14 is better then the busa hands down in every way. But it鈥檚 not fair because zx14 is 1 gen higher with newer technology n developments.
Suzuki only has 2 gens, and gen 2 came out in 2008. While gen 3 zx14 came out in 14.

As far as h2 is concerned the h2sx se is a better comparison since it鈥檚 a sports touring like the busa n zx14.

Registered
The hayabusa is a great classic for a cheaper price then what kawai is offering.

Rolling on budget, go busa
Want most reliable turbo system, busa
Only concerned about straight away no turns, busa king of hp world
Or
Money isn鈥檛 an issue go Kawasaki.
Kawasaki focuses more on making their machines able to carve through corners.
Zx10 great for corners
H2 good for corners with amazing pick up
Zx14 not bad at all for corners, most comfortable super sport bike out

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Do I dare even mention Honda? Suzuki had modes in 07 08. Yamaha 09 with the crossplane. The 2014 1000rr i flipped a month ago didnt even have anything. So late to the game, in hp too.

Registered
Now if you took both bikes standard, no mods and spent the same money like fitting a turbo to the Busa and doing what ever and the same money on the H2, which one gives more bang for the buck?

Registered
I'm gonna say...H2.Busa and 14 are real similar handling and all.The h2 doesn't actually need anything for a kickass bike.Stock way better than a Busa...OR 14R(which I also have).Ya get into turboing the busa or 14,very different.Can't escape the weight factor though.I don't think I'd enjoy a turboed 14 actually.The H2 can be slimmed down pretty well.Mine sits at 480 lbs full fuel.Makes a noticeable difference tell ya that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
I'm gonna say...H2.Busa and 14 are real similar handling and all.The h2 doesn't actually need anything for a kickass bike.Stock way better than a Busa...OR 14R(which I also have).Ya get into turboing the busa or 14,very different.Can't escape the weight factor though.I don't think I'd enjoy a turboed 14 actually.The H2 can be slimmed down pretty well.Mine sits at 480 lbs full fuel.Makes a noticeable difference tell ya that.
what was the biggest weight adjustment or part besides exhaust that made the most dif? Carbon fiber everything? Im 260 so I would also like to shed a few lbs if not crazy expensive.

Registered
The best bang for the buck as far as weight goes which if you think about it is stop eating McDonalds, KFC and all that other rubbish. Loose weight which lowers the Fulcrum point and weight to power ratio and you get to spend more money on devaluing your H2. Why do you think the Jockeys in horse racing are so light? The horses go faster that's why.

Check the difference in weight of standard over carbon fibre, calculate how long it would take to loose the same weight, ie, not eating between meals and the math will show that all the weight saving bling offered is just to get your hand in your wallet.

Want to go faster, just flash the ECU (and get your BMI under control), best bang for the buck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
The best bang for the buck as far as weight goes which if you think about it is stop eating McDonalds, KFC and all that other rubbish. Loose weight which lowers the Fulcrum point and weight to power ratio and you get to spend more money on devaluing your H2. Why do you think the Jockeys in horse racing are so light? The horses go faster that's why.

Check the difference in weight of standard over carbon fibre, calculate how long it would take to loose the same weight, ie, not eating between meals and the math will show that all the weight saving bling offered is just to get your hand in your wallet.

Want to go faster, just flash the ECU (and get your BMI under control), best bang for the buck.
I was told it was flashed upon purchasing secondhand. But Im not sure I believe him. Has full brocks slashcut and a pc5 installed. Is there anyway to know without taking it to a tuner. If i were to take it to a tuner are they able to flash it and tune it or does the flash already need done before I take it. He gave me a video and a picture of it on a dyno and his dyno sheet says 242 whp. Is that even possible without a flash? The dyno guy he had it at also told him there was room for improvement. Im not sure how to tell or if any of its true TBH

Registered
Okay.Has the rev limiter been raised?'Most' flashed ecu's have the limiter at 14,200.I did hear however that kawasaki raised the limiter to about that...but can't remember if it was an H2 or H2SXSE.Factory limit on at least the 2015's was 13,000.Is there anything on that sheet that verifies this particular bike?242 is good.But I'm not seein RPMs or anything.No specs on this run.

Registered
Apparently Kawasaki did raise the limiter by 2K on later models.But I only found the 2019's?I don't see anything referring to 15K...that would be 2K higher than stock.Doesn't sound right.Maybe someone will post up some facts?

Registered
Apparently Kawasaki did raise the limiter by 2K on later models.But I only found the 2019's?I don't see anything referring to 15K...that would be 2K higher than stock.Doesn't sound right.Maybe someone will post up some facts?
From what I see the limiter has been raised form 12,600(2018) to 13,150 (2019).

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
The rev limit of the H2 is ~13000 RPM. The H2R is ~14000 RPM. With centrifugal superchargers, the boost rises with engine speed, so the H2R already has a boost advantage with the extra RPMs. From guhl motors back in 2015 posted here from when he was developing the first h2 flash

21 - 40 of 55 Posts