Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the inner diameter for the axle on my 2022 (21.5mm) is narrower than it was on my old 2015 (23.5mm), for which I have a Moto-D rear stand. I had a local machine shop turn down the pin on a lathe ($20), so now my stand fits the new bike. The pin was turned down to 21.3mm, for a snug fit. Hope it helps someone!

Registered
I had this same problem on my 2020, ordered a 3rd party rear stand that said it was compatible but the pin was too big, returned it.

Ordered another 3rd party stand, same deal, says it was compatible but pin was too big. At this point I was annoyed so I used a cutting wheel to trim back the pin diameter. That worked but then the stand itself eventually sagged under the weight, so the rear wheel was no longer able to rotate.

In the end I got my local bike shop to order the genuine rear stand from Kawasaki themselves. Took ages, cost a fortune, but the pin fit first time & the stand feels solid as a rock.

Found a front stand in eBay, so now have the matching set 馃槂

Registered
Maybe it has something to do with the rear wheel nut coming loose because of axial stretch? By putting more meat into it they have solved the problem and kept it quiet so as not to have an expensive recall?

Registered
Maybe it has something to do with the rear wheel nut coming loose because of axial stretch? By putting more meat into it they have solved the problem and kept it quiet so as not to have an expensive recall?
I think it's more of an economy of industrialization.
Because, since the advent of the H2SX, production volumes have been much higher with a much lower selling price.
And, replacing a delicate machined part with two simpler parts is a justification.
If, you compare the retail price of these OEM parts, you have a $100 difference. Which on the worldwide sales volume represents a good saving for Kawasaki.
But, for purists: It's 300g more weight at the end of the swingarm!馃槨
I put a 2015 assembly on my 2018.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts