Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Kawasaki announced a number of updates to the 2019 Ninja H2 and Ninja H2 Carbon, making the supercharged engine more powerful, while maintaining the same fuel efficiency as the previous iteration. While Kawasaki USA hasn’t released any power figures for the H2, its European counterpart claims a substantial increase from 197.3 hp to 227.8 hp. We’ll have to wait to see if the North American-spec version gets the same boost. The 2019 Ninja H2R also receives some updates, though its engine remains unchanged.
Read more 2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Updated, Now Claims 228HP at Motorcycle.com.

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I thought the Euro4 spec was tougher than the CA spec.

Not even close to being as strict Ted, in the UK we don’t have the fuel evaporation cartridge etc.

If you look on the parts selector California has a section all to itself.
Being over the pond I don’t fully understand it but I know Brock and other tuning companies can’t sell some of their upgrades produts into that state due to legislation.

The SX was fine & 2019 H2 has obviously passed Euro 4 with the extra power and no increase in fuel consumption. I hear it’s strict but bikes seem to be getting through easily enough.

I thought there would be a massive cull in some of the older models but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Not even close to being as strict Ted, in the UK we don’t have the fuel evaporation cartridge etc.

If you look on the parts selector California has a section all to itself.
Being over the pond I don’t fully understand it but I know Brock and other tuning companies can’t sell some of their upgrades produts into that state due to legislation.

The SX was fine & 2019 H2 has obviously passed Euro 4 with the extra power and no increase in fuel consumption. I hear it’s strict but bikes seem to be getting through easily enough.

I thought there would be a massive cull in some of the older models but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know all about the CA evap. For some stupid reason Nevada bikes come with it. I have removed and plugged off all of my Kawasakis since 1985, it was really a bitch with the carbureted bikes. It would plug up and foul the venting.

But I was talking about emissions.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wouldnt it be nice if manufacturers did a non California (Mexico North) spec bike so we didnt have to all suffer their lunacy.

The evap can on my Panigale did the same thing @TedG

NOLA

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wouldnt it be nice if manufacturers did a non California (Mexico North) spec bike so we didnt have to all suffer their lunacy.

The evap can on my Panigale did the same thing @TedG

NOLA
The worst part is if they foul (which they can do just from gas sloshing around) they mess up the fuel tank venting and the bike runs like crap.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
On the Panigale it would just fill the evap can completely with fuel, then the bike would not warm start without manually venting the pressure buildup in the tank. Ridiculous that every other state has to suffer for the Cali lunacy.

NOLA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts