Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well according to MCN (Motorcycle news UK) or as most of us call it, more crap news, the 2019 H2 is only making 206 bhp @11500 revs

True or false;)

Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
We have CNN here in the states for a joke. Leftist liberal bull **** on a daily basis all for more goverment control. 2019 media outlets are as fake as it gets

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well according to MCN (Motorcycle news UK) or as most of us call it, more crap news, the 2019 H2 is only making 206 bhp @11500 revs

True or false;)

Rob

Tell you next Thursday certainly not faster than my 16 but the throttle and power delivery is massively improved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

True or false;)

Rob

My guess is they did nothing with the 2019 but stopped understating the power.
The 209hp claimed from 2017 is around what it makes on the rear wheel stock. The 230hp claimed on the 2019 seems to be closer to its engine hp.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My guess is they did nothing with the 2019 but stopped understating the power.
The 209hp claimed from 2017 is around what it makes on the rear wheel stock. The 230hp claimed on the 2019 seems to be closer to its engine hp.

Without reading to much into it, if, claimed revs where 11500, then it is still restricted and quoted "sales" performance figures are probably at the crank

With the new BMW (apparently) hitting 200+ at the wheel on a normally aspirated bike, you would have thought Kwak would have gone fook it, have some of this ????

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
I want that!
I wonder if it's possible to get similar results by taking the 2019 parameters and insert into the 2017 table.

I’m not clever enough to answer that question!
All I know is it’s a different ECU to the 2016 and has different spark plugs, airbox & air filter. Unsure how much of that adds/contributes to the throttle feel or if it’s the fuel/throttle maps but I was genuinely surprised.
It’s still not perfect but much improved although I believe the 2017’s & 2018’s were also better than my 16

·
Registered
625 Posts
You spending your cash again Rich:)

Rob

I’m going down to BSD with a mate who’s having is ZX10RR flashed, I’ve got a session on the dyno booked to take a look. They can extract the ECU and flash with Woolich now it’s available for the 2019 in around 3 hours so I might get the restrictions taken off but not chasing power again Rob, I’m concerned I’ll ruin the good work Kawasaki have done!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Without reading to much into it, if, claimed revs where 11500, then it is still restricted and quoted "sales" performance figures are probably at the crank

With the new BMW (apparently) hitting 200+ at the wheel on a normally aspirated bike, you would have thought Kwak would have gone fook it, have some of this ????

Rob

I agree Rob, i think they’re all doing under 210 out of the box, it’s certainly improved & seems to have more drive at the lower end but no more up top.
They could have pulled the pin and let it loose but it’s still heavily restricted, probably in part because of Euro 4/5 emissions.
I think it makes the power much earlier than the BMW, more grunt but the naturally aspirated bikes are catching up fast.
For me the throttle, power delivery and TFT display are the biggest bonus to date.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Rob

I agree Rob, i think they’re all doing under 210 out of the box, it’s certainly improved & seems to have more drive at the lower end but no more up top.
They could have pulled the pin and let it loose but it’s still heavily restricted, probably in part because of Euro 4/5 emissions.
I think it makes the power much earlier than the BMW, more grunt but the naturally aspirated bikes are catching up fast.
For me the throttle, power delivery and TFT display are the biggest bonus to date.

if these are 210 or less at the wheel and the bmws are 200 or so, with that weight difference and aerodynamic difference, basically bmws literbike is qual to kawasakis supercharged literbike..... thats kinda weak, kawasaki needs to do something here and fast.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if these are 210 or less at the wheel and the bmws are 200 or so, with that weight difference and aerodynamic difference, basically bmws literbike is qual to kawasakis supercharged literbike..... thats kinda weak, kawasaki needs to do something here and fast.

I think as Rich says, more than likely to do with Euro emissions stuff, personally, my 2016 model is 234 at the rear with only a ecu flash, still running with the cat on so as we all know there is lots "untapped" power

Rob

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m going down to BSD with a mate who’s having is ZX10RR flashed, I’ve got a session on the dyno booked to take a look. They can extract the ECU and flash with Woolich now it’s available for the 2019 in around 3 hours so I might get the restrictions taken off but not chasing power again Rob, I’m concerned I’ll ruin the good work Kawasaki have done!
So the answer to my question is yes, probably;)

If you are not chasing power, how about a bit of carbon fiber, :eek:

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
So the answer to my question is yes, probably;)

If you are not chasing power, how about a bit of carbon fiber, :eek:

Rob

Will carbon make me faster Rob? I might cancel the Dyno!
And yes, kind of, not sure but will probably maybe!
I won’t be able to resist when I’m there Rob, a weak man!

·
Registered
625 Posts

It’s not all about the peak numbers, in a shootout to 180mph I’m pretty sure the H2 would murder the S1000RR the LSR guys will know more.
Although this is from 2015 it gives perspective:

·
Registered
423 Posts
My 19 did 208 stock
Then 241 flash tune exhaust air
Filter

A 2019 bmw and a well tuned gen 5 zx10
I don’t run away from them. I walk them a little tho

The stock gearing on the h2 is pushing it stock
Once ur pushing h2 to 240ish stock gearing is bad cuz it just bouncing off rev limiter in 6th.

Aside from those two bikes I mentioned
If any other bike isn’t flash tuned properly the h2 at 241hp runs away from it

·
Registered
423 Posts
The h2 suffers from
Heat so much it’s ridiculous honestly

Stock it’s perfect with heat, absolutely no issues.
Highest I saw was 190’F boost temp

Once flashed n tuned the bikes operates normally if ur on it a time 190’F boost temp
And if ur hammering it hard it will shoot up into low 200s

I think intercooler is a must for a serious rider

·
Registered
141 Posts
The h2 suffers from

Once flashed n tuned the bikes operates normally if ur on it a time 190’F boost temp

whats the best gearing for highway runs. My 15 does kinda rev out like you said in 6th. Pc5,flash,exhaust,filter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
As the KHI tech said in a YouTube interview, 'the engine is built for 300hp'. I guess how you implement that is up to you but one thing for certain is KHI will just keep remapping the engine each year to keep the others chasing. What is unique about the H2 is the power does not build but instant and that's the point of difference to naturally aspirated bikes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The h2 suffers from

whats the best gearing for highway runs. My 15 does kinda rev out like you said in 6th. Pc5,flash,exhaust,filter.
I believe it’s the H2r gearing
42 rear might be best
Ima try it I’m waiting for my sprocket

1 - 20 of 25 Posts