Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's great news. Bike is too restricted. I'm glad Kawasaki is unleashing the bike if this article holds true. I wonder how much the new one will be? Is it worth the money if you can buy a left over an get a full can with a flash? The new cluster looks very nice. For the buyers who were thinking that they were buying a limited run/edition motorcycle it seems that Kawasaki is going to keep making this bike better and faster.

Personally I'm happy that the bike is being upgraded. For a bike this expensive its nice to see it being unrestricted and more polished. This might be a must have for me.

English Translation:

https://translate.googleusercontent...700208&usg=ALkJrhjeJDAiR4P58IEqtVk_uX3MKjnOUw

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's great news. Bike is too restricted. I'm glad Kawasaki is unleashing the bike if this article holds true. I wonder how much the new one will be? Is if worth the money if you can buy a left over an get a full can with a flash? The new cluster looks very nice. For the buyers who were thinking that they were buying a limited run/edition motorcycle it seems that Kawasaki is going to keep making this bike better and faster.

Personally I'm happy that the bike is being upgraded. For a bike this expensive its nice to see it being unrestricted and more polished. This might be a must have for me.
UK pricing is up about 4% on 2018 model year bikes

Ninja H2 £26,499
Ninja H2 Carbon £28,999
Ninja H2R £48,000

·
Registered
277 Posts
Only change on the H2R is supercharger badge and Brembo Stylema calipers, otherwise same paint and everything. It probably also got TFT screen but there is no mention of it on the product page at the moment.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The 2019 will have no limitations (ie 231hp) and -amongst others- a color tft screen!?

https://www.motorfreaks.nl/artikel/...-ninja-h2-boost-naar-231-p/38694/artikel.html

Article is in dutch

But I guess the info is available in your neck of the woods too.

Apparently has a fuel gauge and a display you can see (Ted won’t be happy!)
As mine is 3 next year I can feel an upgrade coming on, green frame puts me off tho...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/kawasaki-ninja-h2/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just saw that. Here is one in english.
Self healing paint??

TFT display. Sure would be nice if it were retrofittable

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2019-kawasaki-ninja-h2-update/
This sucks.

Forget retro fit, just upgrade Ted, it will be cheaper way of doing it, check out the crazy spare part prices!
I see it has the new Brembo brakes & new RS11 Bridgestone rubber too( I didn’t know they had been launched)
I know you hate the Bridgestone’s but I was caught in biblical rain yesterday, roads flooded, I was amazed I stayed upright with the RS10’s and rain mode.
Massively impressed with how the bike performed in those conditions.
Took me two hours to detail clean it though!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Forget retro fit, just upgrade Ted, it will be cheaper way of doing it, check out the crazy spare part prices!
I see it has the new Brembo brakes & new RS11 Bridgestone rubber too( I didn’t know they had been launched)
I know you hate the Bridgestone’s but I was caught in biblical rain yesterday, roads flooded, I was amazed I stayed upright with the RS10’s and rain mode.
Massively impressed with how the bike performed in those conditions.
Took me two hours to detail clean it though!
Yeah, I know the display was wishful thinking. But I am not ready to upgrade as much as I would like to.

Michelin is famous for their wet weather performance. I'm telling you that switching to Michelin RS makes it a new bike.

What we should do is (at least in the US) is file a complaint to the Safety board and complain that the display is unreadable in certain lighting and that is dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Hold your horses before complaining about display visibility. My car (which is a cabrio) has a TFT instrument cluster, and when the cabrio top is down and the sun is coming from behind such that it is aimed at the display ... it is totally washed out and unreadable.

Probably doesn't affect the standard fixed-roof model of the same car ...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, I know the display was wishful thinking. But I am not ready to upgrade as much as I would like to.

Michelin is famous for their wet weather performance. I'm telling you that switching to Michelin RS makes it a new bike.

What we should do is (at least in the US) is file a complaint to the Safety board and complain that the display is unreadable in certain lighting and that is dangerous.

It is incredibly poor for the value of the bike.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It is incredibly poor for the value of the bike.

The TFT display is much better.

I don't care about most of the other upgrades. The HP is a simple flash, and maybe the new air cleaner is cool.
But self healing paint would be nifty.

The brakes are just fine, I am not taking it to the track, I am a road rider.
That begs the question does the new bike have a fuel gauge? I looked at the SE parts book and I'll be damned if I can find a sending unit. Because if there was a sending unit we could retrofit, building a fuel gauge is not hard. And I already have a TFT display & code working that I use for other things. Keil MCB1750 Evaluation Board Overview

If I had the communications transport protocol (it probably is standard CAN bus) when I get time, I could build an overlay TFT display we all could use.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hold your horses before complaining about display visibility. My car (which is a cabrio) has a TFT instrument cluster, and when the cabrio top is down and the sun is coming from behind such that it is aimed at the display ... it is totally washed out and unreadable.

Probably doesn't affect the standard fixed-roof model of the same car ...
The difference is the current display is unreadable in many different light situations. The TFT would cure most of them. But alas.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess the tft display will be like the one on the h2sx, and that one is perfectly readably under all circumstances.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The real question is what does the stock map look like. Sounds close to a Stage I /13k reflash but will be interesting to see the changes in the ecu 10k-13k rpm, doubt its 100% throttle=100% open throttle bodies so it’s probably still restricted, just don’t know by how much & what can be achieved w/ a 14k rpm reflash & pipe, that would be my real interest as stock the 19 is still not making what a Stage II H2 makes. I said a while back that I believed there would be a gen 2 & wouldn’t trade my 2015 until then, it would be really nice to have the newer suspension, TFT, etc, hate the matte paint though, compared to the silver mirror finish on the 2015 its “dull” as crap, big downside for me so dunno yet, looking forward to hearing what Don or Brock says..... But really glad they took the gloves off at least somewhat, seeing the hp in the V4S, was thinking about the gentlemen’s agreement,,,,,happy to see after what 18 yrs or so the manufacturers finally pushing boundaries again, if not in max mph/kph yet at least in HP.. It’s good timing too as the new Hayabusa will be out shortly, wonder if Suzuki is headed down the same Fuk it path.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think STRADALE is probably right, the new H2 would seem to have been somewhat derestricted at the factory - to a degree - rather than aftermarket flash/air filter/exhaust mods most of us do. I personally wouldn't trade up as the H2 I have will always be more than I can realistically handle, and I find the gauge screen okay to use. I don't particularly want any more electrical mods on it as I tend to turn most of them off anyway.

It is, however, good to see Kawasaki thumbing its nose at the establishment again (as Ducati have) and letting the bike breath and run freer. I guess the claimed 231 hp is at the crank from factory, so still not fully derestricted as could be?

I'll be interested in the new RS11 tyres.

Don.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think STRADALE is probably right, the new H2 would seem to have been somewhat derestricted at the factory -

It is, however, good to see Kawasaki thumbing its nose at the establishment again (as Ducati have) and letting the bike breath and run freer. I guess the claimed 231 hp is at the crank from factory, so still not fully derestricted as could be?

I'll be interested in the new RS11 tyres.

Don.
I will still be “ restricted “ from Kawasaki but interesting that they are happy to offer a standard two year warranty with an H2 producing 231 HP as I’m sure the engine will not be upgraded from older models so Kawasaki seem confident in their products , a standard 2015 -2018 should be and are very reliable at “ only “ 200 + HP

·
Registered
443 Posts
The one thing I would find useful is a fuel gauge rather than guessing with a trip meter. Even that’s not reliable, all depends how much you’ve been canning the bike. Other than that it is not an upgrade path but attractive to new buyers. Truth is the H2 can outride most owners. Great to see improvements. My other bike I have had since 1993 is a ZZR1100, I never bothered going to the ‘D’ model with all its improvements.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The one thing I would find useful is a fuel gauge rather than guessing with a trip meter. Even that’s not reliable, all depends how much you’ve been canning the bike.
As I said before the SE has a fuel gauge, but looking through the parts book I cannot find the sender unit. If we had that, making a fuel gauge is a cake walk.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts