Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Today from Milan Italy, Brock's Performance VP, Jeff Grieco, attended the introduction of the Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX.

Kawasaki had something to show us, and it was no small deal when it described the debut as the "super-tourer of the future."
Competing head-to-head in today’s motorcycle industry can be cutthroat, especially when markets are flat or growing slowly. Manufacturers caught in this kind of competition almost universally say they dislike it and wish they could find a better alternative. They often know instinctively that innovation is the only way they can break free from the pack. But they simply don’t know where to begin. Well, Kawasaki had something to show us today at the EICMA show in Milan Italy. The “market created” beast of a high powered touring bike with a Ninja H2 badge.
210 Horsepower drives the new Ninja H2 Ram Air Touring bike, combine that with luxurious detail and Kawasaki’s “True Commitments” it all about the journey.
The President of KHI spoke to the crowd about the future of supercharging and now with 3 models sporting a supercharger he said to look for more models with supercharges as Kawasaki looks to “Supercharge Your Journey”

Watch for addtional coverage on BrocksPerformance.com : https://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/bpp1.aspx?articleid=835&zoneid=1

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
The BIG question ..... did they add an intercooler in the air box or at least make it more efficient than the ones we have!

My replacement STOCK H2 on an 80F day ..... one run thru the gears to redline from 3rd thru 6th in 1/2 mile and the IAT went from 140F to 230F ..... that sucks!

I really think Kawasaki dropped the ball on not having an intercooler on an otherwise great bike!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I doubt they'll fit.It's fairly well 'redesigned' from the looks of it.I like it.I'm more wondering about the seat.Looks pretty good.I know...trivial.The rest of it is very nice.The dash,the electronics.Like how they fitted the shock adjustment on there.I bet that thing rides like it's on glass.
I don't see any mention of an intercooler.BUT,it has a 5 gallon tank and hits around 200 miles per tank.That's cool.I'm being tempted again.Sure looks a lot better than the connie.

Several good vids on this bike on the web.They did do some redesign on the SC.So perhaps as a 'touring' bike,the heat issues may have been well sorted out.I think so.

One thing I really like about Kawasaki...they're VERY GOOD at listening to their customers.

No intercooler...well,it most likely really doesn't need one on this new model.
https://youtu.be/NjyAPwuKYXU

·
Registered
702 Posts
I doubt they'll fit.It's fairly well 'redesigned' from the looks of it.I like it.I'm more wondering about the seat.Looks pretty good.I know...trivial.The rest of it is very nice.The dash,the electronics.Like how they fitted the shock adjustment on there.I bet that thing rides like it's on glass.
I don't see any mention of an intercooler.BUT,it has a 5 gallon tank and hits around 200 miles per tank.That's cool.I'm being tempted again.Sure looks a lot better than the connie.

Several good vids on this bike on the web.They did do some redesign on the SC.So perhaps as a 'touring' bike,the heat issues may have been well sorted out.I think so.

One thing I really like about Kawasaki...they're VERY GOOD at listening to their customers.

No intercooler...well,it most likely really doesn't need one on this new model.
https://youtu.be/NjyAPwuKYXU
Tank shape is different so it's unlikely the EC intercooler will fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like the h2 raped the zx14 to produce this monster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Land Speed guys take note. If these fairings and bellypan fit the H2 it'll be worth at least 5mph.
It looks like the same top half of the fairing so I think they might bolt on.

Looks a little wider in the lower fairing though...I need to see one in the flesh before getting excited.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Interesting to see they were able to bump the compression to 11.2:1.

(They probably had to to get the needed fuel economy improvement.)
Another difference is the red line's at 11,000 instead of the H2's 13,000.

Looks like the H2 SX's tune is for lower revs, more torque and better fuel range which you would expect for a "tourer".

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Land Speed guys take note. If these fairings and bellypan fit the H2 it'll be worth at least 5mph.
I've been playing in Photoshop. The differences don't look that much for the height and width of the fairing. A little more frontal area perhaps and more wrap-around. Obviously the lowers are worth a bit. I wanted to see if the bars were on risers but don't have enough detail.

Will have to wait to see one in the flesh.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Interesting to see they were able to bump the compression to 11.2:1.

(They probably had to to get the needed fuel economy improvement.)
Lower redline automatically means less boost pressure (and less heat in the intake system) which facilitates the higher compression.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been playing in Photoshop. The differences don't look that much for the height and width of the fairing. A little more frontal area perhaps and more wrap-around. Obviously the lowers are worth a bit. I wanted to see if the bars were on risers but don't have enough detail.

We added some addtional images to my original link - looks like the bar risers are quite a bit taller than a stock ZX-14.

Brock

·
Registered
702 Posts

Looks a little wider in the lower fairing though...I need to see one in the flesh before getting excited.
In a worst case scenario, if the holes don't line up, just create fiberglass (or carbon) molds and drill mounting points to match the H2. I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Great job on that. I really like the bike. I bet it can carve a corner just as good as the H2. In my opinion, Kawasaki should've done it this way from the beginning and just priced the H2R in the $30k+ range with hop up parts available.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ignore that... after seeing more pictures the front fairing is totally different both top and sides and the "belly pan" isn't so much a belly pan but sides that nearly meet.
Still the whole thing would prob bolt up... at a price!

Interesting that they have ditched the bolt-on alloy sub-frame and made it part of the frame. Guessing they didn't think that they could hold two people on 4 bolts?!?!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think it is a pretty cool bike. And it may just be my next sport tourer, time will tell if it replaces the Concours.
But I still want the standard H2, I still need effortless wheelies etc, you can bet the the ST will a much tamer animal. Just as the Concours is a much tamer ZX14.
What does bum me out is the fact that a cheaper H2 will get a better display. Maybe we will luck out and they will put the new display on the 2018 H2.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We added some addtional images to my original link - looks like the bar risers are quite a bit taller than a stock ZX-14.

Brock
Her's another try at side by side comparison using one of Brock's images and my bike. They are not quite the same angle but it looks like the frontal area and particularly the screen is quite different.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts