1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
625 Posts
Interested to see what they do regarding pricing, my dealer intimated that H2 sales had slowed dramatically post 16 with the price hike so I'm surprised they're going to keep milking the H2 especially with "standard" 1000cc machines making such leaps in performance and technology for significantly less cash. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, hoping to make the H2 more exclusive but it looks like it's about to be diluted by yet another model year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interested to see what they do regarding pricing, my dealer intimated that H2 sales had slowed dramatically post 16 with the price hike so I'm surprised they're going to keep milking the H2 especially with "standard" 1000cc machines making such leaps in performance and technology for significantly less cash. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, hoping to make the H2 more exclusive but it looks like it's about to be diluted by yet another model year.

Kawasaki will have invested a reasonable amount of cash in getting the H2 through the new Euro 4 standards to enable them to register them in Europe for 2017. Having done that, it makes sense to continue for 2018 (and possibly further) to help recover those costs.

Having said that, the original green frame/mirror paint 2015 H2's will always remain the most sought after ones ......

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hmm, interesting:

2018:

2017:

Of note is that the 2018 H2 Carbon doesn't have an individual number on the supercharger plate (so maybe there isn't a 2018 "standard" H2), and looks like it has some new green stripes on the front, side, tank, and tail fairings. Also considering the press release says "adds mirror coated spark black to matte spark black for a new dual colour look" I'm guessing some panels are mirrored while others will be the matte finish, so green frame and all-matte will still be exclusive to the limited H2 Carbon.

Also, here's the 2018 H2R;

2017:

I'm not seeing the "updated colour and graphic treatment for 2018," unless the actual paint changed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
strange Concours is not there yet... new model? SC?

About h2... I think "H2 Carbon" will no longer exist, and the "standard H2" will get the Carbon front.... and probably the Carbon Price too

·
Registered
625 Posts
Kawasaki will have invested a reasonable amount of cash in getting the H2 through the new Euro 4 standards to enable them to register them in Europe for 2017. Having done that, it makes sense to continue for 2018 (and possibly further) to help recover those costs.

Having said that, the original green frame/mirror paint 2015 H2's will always remain the most sought after ones ......

Good point about Euro4, would still like to know the sales volumes in 15,16 & 17

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whelp looks like I was mistaken. At least in Japan, there will be a standard H2 again, and it'll also have the green frame.

H2 Carbon gets the new green stripes all around with a mix of matte and mirror spark black.

Standard H2 is mirror spark black with some of the original style green stripes.

For those playing at home:

H2:
2015 - Mirror silver, green frame, green decals
2016 - Mirror spark black, grey frame, grey decals
2017 - Mirror spark black, grey frame, green front decals, grey rear decals
2017 Carbon - Matte spark black, green frame, no decals
2018 - Mirror spark black, green frame, green front decals, grey rear decals
2018 Carbon - Matte and mirror spark black, green frame, new decals

It's like they're just mixing and matching and seeing what works.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Surprised the green frame is going mainstream again, I thought they'd keep that exclusive for the first run and carbon... Happy I got my grey frame, grey decals & mirror spark black tho, still love my combo but like you say they just seem to be mixing and matching pretty much like they did with the ZX14.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Surprised the green frame is going mainstream again, I thought they'd keep that exclusive for the first run and carbon... Happy I got my grey frame, grey decals & mirror spark black tho, still love my combo but like you say they just seem to be mixing and matching pretty much like they did with the ZX14.

Yeah, it's somewhat ironic that it seems the grey frame is suddenly becoming the least common of them all.

Based on some hi res photos, it looks like the "two tone" part of the H2 Carbon means the front fender, small tank trim pieces, and possibly the middle of the tail section are all mirror spark black, while the rest is matte (and the upper cowl is carbon of course). That should look... interesting I guess?

That site also is reporting that the 2018 H2R is matte spark black as well, so completely identical to the 2017 (previously I saw it reported as non-matte).

C'mon Kawasaki, do something actually interesting. Whatever happened to that brown H2 at a motorcycle show a few years back? Why not a metallic green? When the 2016 H2 was announced I thought "oh cool, each year is going to have a signature color," then they just put a guy with a box of decals from both years in charge of the 2017. Then again what does my opinion matter, they've already got my money.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, it's somewhat ironic that it seems the grey frame is suddenly becoming the least common of them all.

Based on some hi res photos, it looks like the "two tone" part of the H2 Carbon means the front fender, small tank trim pieces, and possibly the middle of the tail section are all mirror spark black, while the rest is matte (and the upper cowl is carbon of course). That should look... interesting I guess?

That site also is reporting that the 2018 H2R is matte spark black as well, so completely identical to the 2017 (previously I saw it reported as non-matte).

C'mon Kawasaki, do something actually interesting. Whatever happened to that brown H2 at a motorcycle show a few years back? Why not a metallic green? When the 2016 H2 was announced I thought "oh cool, each year is going to have a signature color," then they just put a guy with a box of decals from both years in charge of the 2017. Then again what does my opinion matter, they've already got my money.

Amusing, my exclusive grey frame!
Like you say, it's lazy to say the least, like they are using leftover parts from previous years and throwing them together as a mix and match, lets see what they charge for the pleasure... I'm unsure they're going to generate the interest they did a few years back?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good point about Euro4, would still like to know the sales volumes in 15,16 & 17
Uk registrations to date

2015 ZX1000NFF......................105
2016 ZX1000NGF......................75
2017 ZX1000XHF......................2 (First quarter)

Kawasaki most definitely are using their parts bin up, I'd be surprised they sell 20 2017 models in the uk

Rob

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uk registrations to date

Kawasaki most definitely are using their parts bin up, I'd be surprised they sell 20 2017 models in the uk

Rob
Expect a decent sized blip for the second 1/4 - the H2 Carbons arrived in April and most of the H2's started to come in around then as well - but yes, definitely fewer in 2017 (we sold 2 in 2015, 1 in 2016, and 1 in 2017)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Uk registrations to date

Rob

Interesting stats Rob, again I'm surprised they're continuing into '18 unless it is simply running out the stock from previous projected sales. 25.5k in the UK is pushing price too far IMO

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It sucks, I feel like I am watching Apple and iPhones. Takes like four generations of recycling till they come up with something new and mindblowing.

Maybe they will up the displacement, and not just a recycled bike with a bin of parts they decided to put together from a mix and match of the already stock production line.

Apple 2.0

NOLA

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well, for 2018, I just hope Kawasaki gets their act together. A lot of people lost their entire riding season waiting for the 2017.

·
Registered
277 Posts
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Ninja-H2
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Ninja-H2-Carbon
https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Ninja-H2R

Yep, pricing is unchanged in the US. 2018 H2 Carbon is just noted as "*The Ninja H2 Carbon has extremely limited production availability ," no real indication on production numbers.

I'm really hoping we'll see something new with a supercharger at EICMA this year. In November 2015: "Kawi did announce they will have 12 new models coming out over the next two years. Over half of those will be supercharged."

I don't think we're gonna get 6 supercharged bikes, but I'd love to see it trickle down or get used on a different application of some kind.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm guessing the H2 engine, to deal with higher torque and greater heat, is somewhat heavier than a 1000 supersport engine.

But what about a 3 cylinder derivative? Probably lighter than a 1000 supersport engine, and power and the torque curve could probably be nearly 3/4 of the unrestricted 1000 H2.

Given sales of the H2 though, it's probably not appealing business-wise.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Ninja-H2
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Ninja-H2-Carbon
https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Ninja-H2R

Yep, pricing is unchanged in the US. 2018 H2 Carbon is just noted as "*The Ninja H2 Carbon has extremely limited production availability ," no real indication on production numbers.

I'm really hoping we'll see something new with a supercharger at EICMA this year. In November 2015: "Kawi did announce they will have 12 new models coming out over the next two years. Over half of those will be supercharged."

I don't think we're gonna get 6 supercharged bikes, but I'd love to see it trickle down or get used on a different application of some kind.
I'm hoping to see something at EICMA - difficult to know what though ! There were hints towards an updated ZZR 1400 but they've just announced the new colours on that one so that's out the window. Versys 1000 and 650 look like there are no real changes, ZX10R - just new graphics and colours.

So where are Kawasaki missing products ? Mid size superbike to replace the ZX6R ? Retro styled 'Z900' ? Is the GTR 1400 due an update ?

I'll be at EICMA with my camera and notebook ......

1 - 20 of 117 Posts