Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Special thanks to the dealership owner, John Lundgren. He is a rare class-act in this business and a true man of integrity. I was more than happy to let him hold onto my bike and put her on display for a couple weeks before I take final delivery. If anyone happens to be near Simi Valley during this time, take a few minutes out of your day and have a look. :)

Just for fun, John did a search for VIN # 001 and it came back as non-existent. My guess is the factory held onto that unit. I almost want to wrap her up and store her in my living room as a collector -- but what fun would that be?? This baby is destined for the track!

I will post pics and video of the un-crating (they had to use a cherry picker to lift her out) and her first start-up.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ohhhhhh, gotcha.

I hate you.

NOLA

P.S. Thank you for not revving it like a total squid and waiting for it to get warm (And the tech to check the oil)...I applaud you.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
277 Posts
Glad the full kit showed up!

I’m still waiting for an ETA on my H2R :(

It was finishing its build a couple weeks ago...

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad the full kit showed up!

I’m still waiting for an ETA on my H2R :(

It was finishing its build a couple weeks ago...
I hear ya. This whole process has required more patience than I thought I could muster. To make things worse, I’m mired in so many obligations that I won’t have time for a track day until at least August. You’ll probably get to ride an H2R before me. :crying:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh man, that was my next question!

I'm hoping to get on track at the end of May, so I'm just hoping it gets here in time to do a dyno break-in, change the oil and coolant (why does a track only bike ship with ethyl glycol???) and have my spare wheel with another rear tire ready to go.

Are you going to look into tuning/flashing yours at all? I'm undecided since I know I don't need one more horsepower, but man is it tempting to get an extra 10% for fairly minimal investment.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh man, that was my next question!

I'm hoping to get on track at the end of May, so I'm just hoping it gets here in time to do a dyno break-in, change the oil and coolant (why does a track only bike ship with ethyl glycol???) and have my spare wheel with another rear tire ready to go.

Are you going to look into tuning/flashing yours at all? I'm undecided since I know I don't need one more horsepower, but man is it tempting to get an extra 10% for fairly minimal investment.
Yeah that is weird about the glycol. I know coolant helps lubricate as well, but I'm changing mine out regardless. I plan to break her in on the track. The manual specifically says 20 minutes below 4,000, 20 minutes below 8,000, change oil, then GOOOOOOOOOO! I figure it's a good way to get acclimated with the chassis, since it's all new to me. As for flashing / tuning, I plan to keep it stock but that very well may go out the window once I hit the dyno. It's hard to resist!

You may notice in the photos that my Sato reverse pattern rearsets are mounted. The dealer had to custom-make a bracket for the exhaust and install a thicker rubber stop on the side stand to keep it from hitting the bottom of the shifter, but everything looks good now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah the quick break in is why I just want it to get taken care of on the dyno, so that I can hit my first track day and not worry about it. Since I have to change the coolant anyways to meet my track day regulations I'm just going to get the boring stuff done and out of the way in the shop ;)

I hadn't noticed the Sato rearsets but they look great!

EDIT: Just got the word that it is in transit now!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts