Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Canada, I am the proud rider of a 2018 H2 Carbon as of April of this year. I currently have 3,500 klms on the most wonderful motorcycle ever built, way beyond belief. Only Kawasaki would be crazy enough to incorporate a "stupid fast" supercharger on a liter superbike. I thank Kawasaki each and every wonderful ride. I have no plans on changing anything on this wonderful machine. I have come to totally enjoy the exhaust sounds that emanate from the dragon breathing supercharger during acceleration and deceleration. Also, I like the covertness of the quiet OEM exhaust when reaching high RPM's, as to not bring attention to myself.

My riding history: At age 12, Hand built mini bike 5 hp Briggs & Stratton (1967) - Hand built custom, road legal mini replica of a Harley 45 using an 8 hp Briggs & Stratton engine (1971) - Hand built custom Mini Honda 305 chopper (1972) - Hand built custom Honda 750 chopper (1973) - purchased new 1976 Honda GL1000 Gold Wing - purchased new Honda CBR1000RR (2006) - purchased new Ninja H2 Carbon (2018), I am 63. I still have the CBR1000RR, absolutely love it, but all the other bikes were sold off.

I am a retired Toolmaker & Manufacturing/Process Engineer at Ford Motor Company.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome, coming up 65 and love my Carbon as well. I bet your first 2000 km was a bit scary until you got used to it?

Glad somebody like the exhaust as I do for the same reason. I'ts quite nice to look at, I don't know why people say it's ugly, after all this is not a so called 'naked' bike where everything is minimalistic.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Welcome, coming up 65 and love my Carbon as well. I bet your first 2000 km was a bit scary until you got used to it?

Glad somebody like the exhaust as I do for the same reason. I'ts quite nice to look at, I don't know why people say it's ugly, after all this is not a so called 'naked' bike where everything is minimalistic.
Apparently the exhaust designer of the H2 was influenced by the flowing lines of this bike

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I followed the recommended breakin, max 4K RPM for the first 800 kms, then max 6K RPM for the second 800 kms. I increased the RPM shift to 13,500 once broke in, so for the last 1,500 kms I have been cranking it when opportunity presents itself. The fastest I've been so far is 190 kms/hr. I have a long ways to go to fully experience the awesome acceleration of this beast. Not in any hurry though, there is a huge penalty if caught riding 50 kms over the posted speed limit anywhere in Canada. It's called "Stunt Driving" - Loss of licence, take the bike, huge fine, loss of points, huge insurance rates, need to hire a lawyer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of these awesome exhaust designs are driven to meet Euro 4 emissions standards. Very tempting to remove for weight reduction and replace with a 70% less weight Vandemon polished titanium, very tempting :). But the Vandemon isn't as sweet as your attached pic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am amazed at how many H2 riders are over 60, speaks volumes of how respectful you are towards riding these awesome machines. I hope we all can ride our H2's for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome,

I am 64 going to be 65 this month.

My background is I was a motorcycle mechanic, factory trained Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, etc. Flat tracked and road raced for a living for a while. Then was the chief R&D engineer at the worlds largest slot machine mfg. for 18 years. Now I have my own slot machine mfg company. Started out on Yamaha two stroke twins. Then went to work for the Kawasaki dealer and got an original H2 new in the crate. Then after that most all of the top of the line Ninjas.

I too love the stock exhaust, weight savings would be nice but more noise of any kind would not. I just love the sounds the engine makes, I would miss hearing the SC spin up, and the BOV, but the chirping is what I love the most. And a louder pipe would mask that off. I like the looks of the pipe.

IMHO This is by far the finest motorcycle on the planet, beautiful, powerful, everything. Getting a few things sorted out, but all in all, I just love this bike.

I'm up to 5700 miles.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The original exhaust look great and wouldn't change it for the same reasons as Ted.

I have been asked to bring my bike to a show here in NZ in September, don't like people touching my bike unless I know them but it's for charity so I will probably stand by it with a baseball bat.

Birthday this month for me, same age. Why guy's our age buy two wheel tractors puzzles me yet I get why we buy the petrol laxative. Is it an image thing or what? Just love my H2.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not overly keen on loud pipes, so I fitted a Spark can from Brock. It's not a huge amount louder than stock and I can still hear all the engine sounds... I rode it like that for ages, then I disconnected the exhaust valve and tied it open. After that, I can hear the traction control and pops on gear changes, etc. It's a good compromise.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
The original exhaust look great and wouldn't change it for the same reasons as Ted.

I have been asked to bring my bike to a show here in NZ in September, don't like people touching my bike unless I know them but it's for charity so I will probably stand by it with a baseball bat.

Birthday this month for me, same age. Why guy's our age buy two wheel tractors puzzles me yet I get why we buy the petrol laxative. Is it an image thing or what? Just love my H2.

I’m astonished, the stock exhaust (in my opinion) is the single ugliest thing I have ever seen on a bike from any manufacturer.Ever. Opinions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep your opinion as today I had a beer and looking across the road at my bike and why the **** would you want to put a spindly noisy exhaust that is out dated and truly doest match the bike. Listening to Harleys go past is enough to make me cringe. I don't need to tell everybody I am riding past. The bike is for me and I like the sewing machine sound, it spells perfection to me and the blow off valve, sweet music to my ears.

The option exhausts look outdated and ugly, in my opinion......

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yep your opinion as today I had a beer and looking across the road at my bike and why the **** would you want to put a spindly noisy exhaust that is out dated and truly doest match the bike. Listening to Harleys go past is enough to make me cringe. I don't need to tell everybody I am riding past. The bike is for me and I like the sewing machine sound, it spells perfection to me and the blow off valve, sweet music to my ears.

The option exhausts look outdated and ugly, in my opinion......
Rick150 I thought the avatar picture was a joke , looking at the mad eyes I’ve realised it is in fact your passport photo ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
People have to remember that looks are subjective. Having been around motorcycles longer than most I learned something a very long time ago. Telling someone how ugly you think their bike is, really it totally unproductive and accomplishes nothing other than to make yourself look small and possibly make someone else feel bad. If I don't like the looks of something I STFU. I will comment on how to make something mechanically better. I will comment on how a modification messed up a function. But never looks.

Even when someone asks my opinion, if I don't like the looks of it, I won't comment. For example I absolutely hate the way most Harleys look, (this isn't a Harley board so I'm pretty safe here) those stupid big front wheels, the same half baked engine, etc. But when in a position to give my opinion to a Harley owner on his bike, I find something I like and comment on it. Or I will come up with a suggestion on a better tire, brakes, or something to not try to make him/her feel bad.

Okay some don't like the pipe, I have heard both, that they love it or hate it. Actually most women comment how much they like it.

What I don't like about the pipe is the weight. If there was another lighter weight version out there that looked and sounded the same, I would buy it.

To each their own when is comes to looks. It may sound preachy, but it really is good advice. Okay off my high horse.

·
Registered
625 Posts
People have to remember that looks are subjective. Having been around motorcycles longer than most I learned something a very long time ago. Telling someone how ugly you think their bike is, really it totally unproductive and accomplishes nothing other than to make yourself look small and possibly make someone else feel bad. If I don't like the looks of something I STFU. I will comment on how to make something mechanically better. I will comment on how a modification messed up a function. But never looks.

Even when someone asks my opinion, if I don't like the looks of it, I won't comment. For example I absolutely hate the way most Harleys look, (this isn't a Harley board so I'm pretty safe here) those stupid big front wheels, the same half baked engine, etc. But when in a position to give my opinion to a Harley owner on his bike, I find something I like and comment on it. Or I will come up with a suggestion on a better tire, brakes, or something to not try to make him/her feel bad.

Okay some don't like the pipe, I have heard both, that they love it or hate it. Actually most women comment how much they like it.

What I don't like about the pipe is the weight. If there was another lighter weight version out there that looked and sounded the same, I would buy it.

To each their own when is comes to looks. It may sound preachy, but it really is good advice. Okay off my high horse.

Respect your opinion Ted, I personally think its completely at odds with the look of the bike, especially as it hides the stunning rear wheel.
Being completely honest I’ve never seen one on a bike in the UK as they were junked in favor of an Akra by Kawasaki UK prior to each delivery. This was done FOC to attract customers knowing the feedback regarding the original silencer. Now granted the Akra is no looker but combined with the headers to eliminate the god awful cat it looks (again my opinion) an awful lot better, especially now all the titanium has turned a nice shade of blue
I also notice my engine temp has dropped a little since fitting the headers, anyone else notice this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bike is looking good Rich

You are just missing the obligatory go faster carbon bits

Makes all the difference you know

Rob

1 - 20 of 41 Posts