Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think they will make a 2018 H2 and H2R?

I think they will, based on the upgrades for 2017. Two year R&D cycle.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think so.
Might be a couple of yrs away but what will be really interesting is if they'll make a Gen 2. I think they will.
There's going to be a new Hayabusa shortly & maybe a ZX-14R, as Kawi.'s halo bike can only imagine how sick a 2nd gen H2 will be.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Do you guys think they will make a 2018 H2 and H2R?

I think they will, based on the upgrades for 2017. Two year R&D cycle.

I believe they will continue to make it along with a new ZX15R.

If Kawasaki ever announces a discontinuation of the H2/H2R everyone had better buy up as many spares as possible. OEM parts tend to go up in price for out of production bikes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think so.
Might be a couple of yrs away but what will be really interesting is if they'll make a Gen 2. I think they will.
There's going to be a new Hayabusa shortly & maybe a ZX-14R, as Kawi.'s halo bike can only imagine how sick a 2nd gen H2 will be.

I bet it comes standard with an intercooler. lol :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think they will stop it in a few years but may Kawa will put a new crown on the Kings head

The small engines with SCs or turbos will come step by step and after that the electric engines will bring the new level

The R has a big noise problem so I cant imagine that this beast has a real future on the tracks...

So we have to wait to see the future of our awesome bikes
Stay tuned

·
Registered
503 Posts
Personally I dont think so

I believe Kawasaki will carry on developing the SC concept but bringing it into a more popular and cost effective market, probably smaller SC models

I think you will find sales will taper off this year, 25k (UK) is a lot of money to shell out for a bike, regardless how special it is

Long may the technology continue, in a different more affordable package though I believe

Rob

·
Registered
867 Posts
It was special back when they first announced it and said it was going to be a limited run bike and we all paid list or list plus. However they did exactly what they said they wouldn't do and continued to make the bike. Personally i think it's total bull **** with all the hype they had put out there makes it even worse ..... look I'm a huge Kawasaki guy and have seven of them but I'm all set with it at this point. Still love the brand but looking elsewhere at this point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
AS posted with the price going up quiet a bit for 17 i think less will be buying the H2. I may wrong. 22k in the Uk for a bike is a lot. But 25K + christ

·
Registered
702 Posts
It was special back when they first announced it and said it was going to be a limited run bike and we all paid list or list plus. However they did exactly what they said they wouldn't do and continued to make the bike. Personally i think it's total bull **** with all the hype they had put out there makes it even worse ..... look I'm a huge Kawasaki guy and have seven of them but I'm all set with it at this point. Still love the brand but looking elsewhere at this point.
It's funny you say this. I've actually considered trading mine in for a high end track bike. MV F4RC, 1299S, or something to that effect. I've even looked at the Lightning LS218.

I think I will still get my hands on an R at some point and just give it a good PCV custom map and leave it alone. My favorite is the 2015. Otherwise, in the meantime, I've got about $30k into my H2 so I would like to get at least 3 seasons with it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
It's funny you say this. I've actually considered trading mine in for a high end track bike. MV F4RC, 1299S, or something to that effect. I've even looked at the Lightning LS218.

I think I will still get my hands on an R at some point and just give it a good PCV custom map and leave it alone. My favorite is the 2015. Otherwise, in the meantime, I've got about $30k into my H2 so I would like to get at least 3 seasons with it.
Don't get me wrong I love my H2 for sure but wasn't happy how Kawasaki said it was going to be limited and she's really not. Nate I love my ZX10R she's my dedicated track bike and loaded with goodies....BST wheels major brake up grades and Don Guhl's flash with a slip on. For the track the best bet is to leave the motor stock other than the flash and tune. I've never had an isssue with her and change the oil every 250 miles with Amsoil. The same with my ZX14 with over 50,000 miles on her. At the last LSR I was at in ME I did 203.46 on her and the very next year rode her across the country :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
This was just before I added the slicks and decided she'd be track only lady.......

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
702 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love my H2 for sure but wasn't happy how Kawasaki said it was going to be limited and she's really not. Nate I love my ZX10R she's my dedicated track bike and loaded with goodies....BST wheels major brake up grades and Don Guhl's flash with a slip on. For the track the best bet is to leave the motor stock other than the flash and tune. I've never had an isssue with her and change the oil every 250 miles with Amsoil. The same with my ZX14 with over 50,000 miles on her. At the last LSR I was at in ME I did 203.46 on her and the very next year rode her across the country :D
That's dope man.

I've always found that the Truly Exotic bikes don't have that much hype surrounding them.

Like the Tamburini T12

Norton V4RR

Superleggera

Most bikers don't even know the first 2 exist. lol

Sure the H2 is rare to see on the roads but it's definitely lost it's being "Special". As Cliff Secord once said in one of his rants, "That ship has sailed" hahahahahahaha.

Even the R. The H2R would've been truly unique if they just made it for 1 season. Now they're already tweaking it on a 2 year upgrade schedule, like any other production bike. So yeah, I think they will keep making them. As long as they keep selling them.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I suspect we are within a year or two of this model having run its course. Kawasaki did some decent upgrades for 2017, so I could be wrong - they could just keep building them as long as someone buys them, in small numbers as it may be.

But ... I don't think supercharging of the concept that the H2 uses will go mass-market. It's too inefficient.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Let me tell you if they came out with a Super Charged ZX14 or 15 I'd been in line for that sexy girl for sure! :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Surprised a bit but I hear where you guys are coming from. I never believed it was going to be a one model year only bike, if Kawi really had intentions of that when launching the H2 they would have marketed it as such, not leaving the door open to subsequent years based on if it was a sales success or not. I've seen manufacturer's come out w/ one year only models, I own a Harley like that & if that's their definite intention they make it very clear w/ that language, not say stuff like for a "limited time', (as in the ordering period) etc. It doesn't cost them anything extra to be really clear about that, IF it were really only going to be one year & only helps move bikes quicker, making the effort look even more successful.

Additional H2 model years doesn't dampen that feeling I get when I twist the throttle, nor change the sound of the bike running through gears. When someone makes a bike that can deliver the same goods w/ bolt ons then I might be interested. There's upsides to having a year only model, it's more special for the owner, I get it but there's lots of upsides w/ additional year H2's, the more people that can experience the bike the better, doesn't make my riding experience any less & stimulates the after-market parts buinesss. I don't think the reputation of the H2 would be as great as it is if there was only 1 year, the more bikes out there in the hands of more people actually riding & tuning them, sharing vids, etc the better. And how many co.'s would be making stuff for our bikes or what types of mods would we be able to buy if 2015 was the only year. I've still only seen other H2's at track days, haven't ran into one yet randomly on the road & I'm at 30+ motorcycle events a season. So far still getting the same comments like: "What is that"? or "I've seen pictures & videos but never one in person, man it looks so much sicker in real life".

Euro 4 killed the Busa but there's info. out there about a possible SC or turbo 1400cc Hayabusa. What is Kawi's plans for the next 14R, it certainly needs a new Gen. but even if they do I don't see any reason for why Kawi. would stop making the H2, it's a halo bike above the 14 & while often manufacturer's will make lost leaders just to have the vehicle out there, don't think the H2 is a lost leader now that they're selling additional years. There's bikes that the Japanese manufacturers put on the showroom that sit for a long time, get heavily discounted once the next year is out, while you can find an H2 here or there & sure they're not made in big numbers but it probably has the best sell through rate of any bike at least that Kawi is making right now so why stop. The more H2's they sell, the stronger sales are the more likely there will be a Gen 2 & more likely it will move the bar even more. That's a good thing.

IMO the H2 strikes the perfect balance between the liter bike track machines & bikes like the Busa & 14R. It's more comfortable, faster in a straight line & has nicer craftsmanship than the 10R's, R1M, Gsxr1k but lighter, faster & better around the track than the 1300/1400cc bikes. The Ducati's are beautiful & craftmenship is amazing but not for the all day & night street riding I do.

While the 17 H2 has some nice upgrades, really loving the way my bike is dialed in right now & imo it's still the best looking year so not worth trading, the only way I'd consider giving it up is for a major change like a second generation H2 which will probably happen, hope it happens.

Kawi was very unsure of how the H2 & H2R would sell, they did much better in the showrooms then they expected. And now the fierce reputation of the bikes are out there in the general public. W/ a real feel for the bike now plus my recent mods. I can honestly say I am as excited for this season w/ the 2 as I was when I first got her. Right now though we're getting a foot of snow, lol!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Surprised a bit but I hear where you guys are coming from. I never believed it was going to be a one model year only bike, if Kawi really had intentions of that when launching the H2 they would have marketed it as such, not leaving the door open to subsequent years based on if it was a sales success or not. I've seen manufacturer's come out w/ one year only models, I own a Harley like that & if that's their definite intention they make it very clear w/ that language, not say stuff like for a "limited time', (as in the ordering period) etc. It doesn't cost them anything extra to be really clear about that, IF it were really only going to be one year & only helps move bikes quicker, making the effort look even more successful.

Additional H2 model years doesn't dampen that feeling I get when I twist the throttle, nor change the sound of the bike running through gears. When someone makes a bike that can deliver the same goods w/ bolt ons then I might be interested. There's upsides to having a year only model, it's more special for the owner, I get it but there's lots of upsides w/ additional year H2's, the more people that can experience the bike the better, doesn't make my riding experience any less & stimulates the after-market parts buinesss. I don't think the reputation of the H2 would be as great as it is if there was only 1 year, the more bikes out there in the hands of more people actually riding & tuning them, sharing vids, etc the better. And how many co.'s would be making stuff for our bikes or what types of mods would we be able to buy if 2015 was the only year. I've still only seen other H2's at track days, haven't ran into one yet randomly on the road & I'm at 30+ motorcycle events a season. So far still getting the same comments like: "What is that"? or "I've seen pictures & videos but never one in person, man it looks so much sicker in real life".

Euro 4 killed the Busa but there's info. out there about a possible SC or turbo 1400cc Hayabusa. What is Kawi's plans for the next 14R, it certainly needs a new Gen. but even if they do I don't see any reason for why Kawi. would stop making the H2, it's a halo bike above the 14 & while often manufacturer's will make lost leaders just to have the vehicle out there, don't think the H2 is a lost leader now that they're selling additional years. There's bikes that the Japanese manufacturers put on the showroom that sit for a long time, get heavily discounted once the next year is out, while you can find an H2 here or there & sure they're not made in big numbers but it probably has the best sell through rate of any bike at least that Kawi is making right now so why stop. The more H2's they sell, the stronger sales are the more likely there will be a Gen 2 & more likely it will move the bar even more. That's a good thing.

IMO the H2 strikes the perfect balance between the liter bike track machines & bikes like the Busa & 14R. It's more comfortable, faster in a straight line & has nicer craftsmanship than the 10R's, R1M, Gsxr1k but lighter, faster & better around the track than the 1300/1400cc bikes. The Ducati's are beautiful & craftmenship is amazing but not for the all day & night street riding I do.

While the 17 H2 has some nice upgrades, really loving the way my bike is dialed in right now & imo it's still the best looking year so not worth trading, the only way I'd consider giving it up is for a major change like a second generation H2 which will probably happen, hope it happens.

Kawi was very unsure of how the H2 & H2R would sell, they did much better in the showrooms then they expected. And now the fierce reputation of the bikes are out there in the general public. W/ a real feel for the bike now plus my recent mods. I can honestly say I am as excited for this season w/ the 2 as I was when I first got her. Right now though we're getting a foot of snow, lol!
I concur!

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Good post Stradale. I've encountered another H2 randomly on the roads only once; it's still a very uncommon bike. The fact that they are selling them for 2017 for the worldwide market means they've done what they had to do for Euro 4 compliance, and that also helps.

I was OK with it being either a limited-production bike or an ongoing model straight from the outset. If it were one-year-only I'd have something rare. If it were an ongoing model then I'd be less concerned about parts availability and I could ride it. Either way works for me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good post Stradale. I've encountered another H2 randomly on the roads only once; it's still a very uncommon bike. The fact that they are selling them for 2017 for the worldwide market means they've done what they had to do for Euro 4 compliance, and that also helps.

I was OK with it being either a limited-production bike or an ongoing model straight from the outset. If it were one-year-only I'd have something rare. If it were an ongoing model then I'd be less concerned about parts availability and I could ride it. Either way works for me.

Yeah good point.

If I had my choice I'd prefer that it was the one year only but it hasn't bugged me, you know like the vast majority of people on this forum bought the bike to use as much as possible. Now,, if I were the guy on eBay right now that instead of maxing out his 401k bought & is now listing for sale his 0 miles 2015 H2 that's literally sitting between his kitchen & den asking msrp ($25k), I'd be a whole lot more disappointed.

Plus without the 2016 & inbound 2017 bikes & the owners this would be a much less active forum!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts