Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone seen road tests of new Suzuki GSXR1000 ?
In the UK MCN tested it and it "Only" had 184 BHP but beat the H2 times in all the key markers of 0-60, 0-100 standing quarter mile and 40-100MPH in top gear. Granted the H2 isn't in this actual test but I have their results from previous edition and they state in this edition the Gixxer produced new records for standing quarter. The H2 only beat it on 0-180 by one second.... Impressive stuff out the box. Looks sh#it though! IMG_5286.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeh mate I am a Suzuki man through and through been following it's progress now for some time, I was nearly going to wait and buy this Gixxer. Pretty impressive power figures alright, but as always the reviews tend to exaggerate, won't really know until it actually hits the streets and see it in the real world, however from what I understand this thing is a real beast. Being a Gixxer you wouldn't expect any less than perfect for its intended use, I love the simplicity of the way they designed the variable timing with steel balls! :)
You reckon it looks ****? Man I think it looks awesome! Be good to see one on the road sometime soon, here in Oz they are coming out real soon according to Suzuki Australia.
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmmmm, might have to add one to the stable. I also have been following it on the Gixxer forum. Looks like it my be a beast but your right, really have to wait till it hits the street to really know. I'm waiting to see what the next Gen Hayabusa and the ZX-14r are gonna bring to the table. I've had both gens of each bike and loved them. Fast, smooth and comfortable.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Anyone seen road tests of new Suzuki GSXR1000 ?
In the UK MCN tested it and it "Only" had 184 BHP but beat the H2 times in all the key markers of 0-60, 0-100 standing quarter mile and 40-100MPH in top gear. Granted the H2 isn't in this actual test bit I have their results from previous edition and they state in this edition the Gixxer produced new records for standing quarter. The H2 only beat on 0-180 by one second.... Impressive stuff out the box. Looks sh#it though! View attachment 16354

H2 Wins by 1 second from 0-180mph. That's a big deal. That means a stock restricted H2 pulls approx. 10 bike lengths and starts walking away up top.

In any case, I don't think this is new news. S1000RRs have been giving stock H2s fits from the very beginning. Comparos don't really count in my opinion unless the H2's throttle plates are all the way open. I will be more impressed with the Gixxers POP off of the corners as well as it's handling prowess. I'm interested to see if it cleans up on all the track shootouts.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When I bought my H2 I didn't expect the rest of the world to stand still from that point on.

The fact that it's had a couple of years at the top of it's own particular hill is pretty good.

Think of it this way: We the customers are the ones who benefit from this particular race.

I might even buy one if the Suzuki's as good as they claim. (and keep my H2) I had a K5 when they were launched and that was a game-changer, maybe the 2017 bike is another?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry Jeffro, not a fan of how it looks, doesn't seem special enough, prefer ZX10 and dare I say it... the Blade... maybe once the exhaust can is removed and I see it in the flesh I'll change my mind. I heard the cat is in the can? Maybe BS? Interesting idea if it is, junk it and you're ready to rock. Yes ball bearings VVT is ingeniously simple

·
Registered
502 Posts
When I bought my H2 I didn't expect the rest of the world to stand still from that point on.

The fact that it's had a couple of years at the top of it's own particular hill is pretty good.

Think of it this way: We the customers are the ones who benefit from this particular race.

I might even buy one if the Suzuki's as good as they claim. (and keep my H2) I had a K5 when they were launched and that was a game-changer, maybe the 2017 bike is another?
As Bob says, the world dont stand still, all the 1k litre bikes are fecking awesome, all down to personal choice

Suzuki, like Kawasaki have always built fantastic engines, unfortunately, build quality has been **** for years, hopefully they got it sorted now, pity they couldn't style the thing, its pig ugly IMO, not quite as bad as the busa though:eek:

As for the H2, who gives a fook if the 1k bikes are close, or even beating it in certain areas, I got mine because it is special and iconic:)

Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
As Bob says, the world dont stand still, all the 1k litre bikes are fecking awesome, all down to personal choice

Suzuki, like Kawasaki have always built fantastic engines, unfortunately, build quality has been **** for years, hopefully they got it sorted now, pity they couldn't style the thing, its pig ugly IMO, not quite as bad as the busa though:eek:

As for the H2, who gives a fook if the 1k bikes are close, or even beating it in certain areas, I got mine because it is special and iconic:)

Rob
Well said Rob. The H2 won't always be the fastest, but it is a special bike that will has a unique place in motorcycle history.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hmmmm, might have to add one to the stable. I also have been following it on the Gixxer forum. Looks like it my be a beast but your right, really have to wait till it hits the street to really know. I'm waiting to see what the next Gen Hayabusa and the ZX-14r are gonna bring to the table. I've had both gens of each bike and loved them. Fast, smooth and comfortable.
Yeh right on! Next gen Hayabusa is something many are waiting to see, hard to get a better bike than the Gen II so it's gonna be interesting what they come up with :D
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ya me too, lol. Suzuki took a hard hit when the sh*t hit the fan back in 2009. They're car branch almost took them down... completely. They still haven't recovered totally.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I think the H2 moved the goal posts in 2015 and focused more in making a special streetbike rather than just another race replica, I think most people would walk past this bike ( or around it looking at the size of that silencer) as nothing really makes it stand out , the R1M looks better to my eye .
The H2 exhaust was ugly but things are getting out of hand with this bike

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
The H2 is conspicuous by its absence in the MCN test , not that it's a true race replica but it's the benchmark for acceleration and they always rant on about how brutal it is .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts