Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE 2017 KAWASAKI NINJA H2 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA
by Milo Dokmanovic | 6 Jul, 2017 | General Kawasaki News |

https://kawasaki.com.au/general-kaw...asaki-ninja-h2-is-now-available-in-australia/

------------------

The rest of the planet has had it for a while, and at least one Aussie on this forum has a 2017 model already but Kawasaki Australia has just "released" it in July! We are not normally this slow to catch-up, must have been a REALLY slow boat from Japan.

While I already knew about the Bosch IMU electronic smarts which should help ABS in, and traction control out of the corners as well as showing a hero lean angle on the gauges I didn't know about the higher handlebar height (20mm or 4/5").

Any one know what else is new and different in the 2017 model compared to the 2016?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(yeah sorry, bad form to answer my own post but I just found this):

11061-1228 Gasket Clutch Release
92055-0882 RING-O,29.7X1.9

Looks like they have added a gasket and an o-ring to the clutch actuator to fix the problem that some forum members had.

Kawasaki.com picture here:
https://content.kawasaki.com/Parts/AddCopyright/?id=~/Images/Parts/I0123.01/E1350.GIF

Anyone know a smarter way of finding all the new parts without comparing pictures on different sites?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case anyone is interested in the 2017 differences...

I had the tank off today and it has a carbon canister.

Then I "clicked", the AU model is now EURO 4 compliant. We share the same model as Europe even down to the ECU.
I'm sure there are other changes too, prob lots of ECU changes compared to the 2015/2016 models to make the emissions lower and things like the exhaust valve close more often.

It sucks, we used to laugh at Californian bikes with factory potatoes in the exhaust, now with EURO-4 we are the same or worse.
The fun police are alive and well!

·
Registered
414 Posts
My local H2 dealer here in South Aust. has been selling the 2017 for about 2 - 3 months now, so don't know why your place said it couldn't get them? I've seen them on the shop floor for a while now.

Don.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Don,
the first post was when Kawasaki officially released it in July.

I know of a forum member in Canberra that got his in April so that's about the same as SA... the rest of the country were still being shipped 2016 models.
Just Kawasaki being Kawasaki, they go out of their way to make buying a bike hard, I'm sure the other manufacturers have a laugh.

I know Perter Stevens in Melbourne still has a 2016 in the window so maybe sales in AU are pretty small... hard to guess that from the forum, plenty of Aussies here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Agree with you, does seem pretty haphazard how bikes are released here!

Glad you finally got yours. Even yesterday I had a bloke stop his van and get out to take a pic! (keeps happening!!)

Don.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts