1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this on the Swiss Kawasaki site:

Ninja H2 Carbon MY 2017 - Kawasaki Suisse

CARBON-FIBRE UPPER COWL
Constructed in highly rigid, lightweight CFRP (carbon-fibre reinforced polymer), the upper cowl instantly distinguishes the Ninja H2 Carbon from the standard Ninja H2. Creating an image similar to that of the Ninja H2R, the carbon-fibre piece contributes to enhanced presence.

SPECIAL PAINT
Further distinguishing the Ninja H2 Carbon is a new variation of Kawasaki’s
silver-mirror paint featuring a matte element. The new paint is the same used on the closed-course Ninja H2R.

GREEN TRELLIS FRAME
Like the Ninja H2R, the frame on the Ninja H2 Carbon is finished in green.

SERIAL NUMBER PLATE
As one of only 120 units, each Ninja H2 Carbon model is individually numbered and features a serial number stamped into the supercharger plate on the right side of the engine.

A limited edition?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(4 Octobre 2016)
Limited Edition Ninja H2 Carbon

The existing highly acclaimed Supercharged Ninja H2 and Ninja H2R machines are now joined by a third even more exclusive model in 2017, the Ninja H2 Carbon.
Limited to just 120 available worldwide in 2017, the Carbon model of the Ninja H2, as its name suggests, features a Carbon Fibre upper cowling as well as other features that mark it out as special – even in this illustrious company.

Resplendent in a new paint scheme that is just as eye catching yet different to the two existing Ninja models, the Ninja H2 Carbon also has a new take on the famous Kawasaki “river mark” emblem on the front of the cowling as well as the adoption of an IMU offering six levels of machine attitude measurement.

Using the IMU at its core the range of electronic rider aids is impressive with Kawasaki’s cornering management function as part of a suite that also includes traction control, launch control, intelligent anti-lock brakes and even a bank angle readout as part of the meter display.
Equipped with its stunning trellis style frame, handling and braking are dealt with by top quality components on the Ninja H2 Carbon with KYB AOS-2 front forks plus Brembo M50 calipers and braking package while, at the rear, a top spec Ohlins TTX shock absorber with remote adjustment ensures perfect handling.

Euro4 compliant and available with an accessory Akrapovic carbon fibre bodied silencer, Ninja H2 Carbon accessories also include a Kawasaki Ergo-Fit reduced angle handlebar kit and different size handlebar weights.

Sure to be popular not just for its rarity value but also for its awesome performance, the old saying was never more pertinent for the Ninja H2 Carbon, “be quick or it will be gone!”…

·
Registered
577 Posts
Any news on horsepower ? Will Euro 4 mean less power ? Or will they simply 'detune' it a little less and stay around the claimed 200 mark ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It'll be the IMU which is the big news if this model is for real.

Fiddling with the cosmetics is just a marketing exercise. Fitting it with an Inertial Measurement Unit is a whole new ball game and among other things will give it the anti-wheelie control which some H2 owners were convinced the 2015 and 2016 already had. (It didn't - see earlier discussions).

·
Registered
277 Posts

Aside from what's already mentioned, it has individually numbered supercharger badges.

I'd like to check out the matte mirror paint. Seems kind of contradictory, so it could be a cool effect.

I agree that the IMU which will be on all 2017s is definitely big news. Having lean-angle-sensitive traction control and brakes is awesome.

I believe BMW once had retrofittable cornering ABS on some bikes, and given the status of the H2 it wouldn't be out of the question for Kawi to make some concessions to retrofit it, since they did it with the clutch. There are a ton of variables in that though. I'm not holding my breath for it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they offered it. It'd definitely be great if possible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nooooooooooooooo ! Oh Kawasaki how can you do this to me ? Please not a green frame ! 2015 only or hang your heads in shame .
Agreed - it would be a shame if the two unique features of the 2015 model (frame colour and mirror black paint) were to be used on a later model.

But, if it happens, then so be it.

Nothing can take away the fact that we have one of the very first ones, some of us were throwing money at Kawasaki before we had seen the bike or knew just how it went or how it felt to ride it.

I won't be selling my 2015, not for a long time .......................

·
Registered
277 Posts
"There’s also new up/down quick-shifter and the Brembo brake levers have new holes in them, said to ‘enhance their aerodynamic performance’."

It has new levers guys. Our bikes are obsolete.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So the matte silver paint actually looks REALLY interesting to me. I don't think this will get confused for the 2015.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The Carbon is cool looking but still like the 15s highly reflective silver mirror paint combined with the green decals the best.

Without green decals on the fairings & cowl think the Carbon w/ that matte paint & carbon fiber would have looked better w/ a black frame instead of green.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nooooooooooooooo ! Oh Kawasaki how can you do this to me ? Please not a green frame ! 2015 only or hang your heads in shame .
I think they pretty soon realised that the grey framed 2016 bike was a backward step and I expect the thinking went something like "now how can we get back to a green frame without pissing 2015 owners off?"

Answer = change the fairing colour. Looks like the reasoning was flawed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
"accessories also include a Kawasaki Ergo-Fit reduced angle handlebar kit and different size handlebar weights."

So we're also getting a few new OEM accessories. They also said the carbon front fairing will be an accessory too.

I think it's kind of odd they don't at least put green decals on the carbon front. I assume it's meant to be reminiscent of the H2R, but that has green decals to tie with the frame, and the carbon ties in with the wings. Just the bare carbon on its own doesn't look that great to me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So the matte silver paint actually looks REALLY interesting to me. I don't think this will get confused for the 2015.

If you own a 2015 but prefer the look of this bike just go for a quick ride out with some Scotch Bright pads stuck to your knees and hey presto ! by the time you get home it will look identical.

·
Registered
265 Posts
"accessories also include a Kawasaki Ergo-Fit reduced angle handlebar kit and different size handlebar weights."

So we're also getting a few new OEM accessories. They also said the carbon front fairing will be an accessory too.

I think it's kind of odd they don't at least put green decals on the carbon front. I assume it's meant to be reminiscent of the H2R, but that has green decals to tie with the frame, and the carbon ties in with the wings. Just the bare carbon on its own doesn't look that great to me.

New Kawasaki H2R has also no green decal stripes, so that's for me the main reason of a bare carbon look.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Shame on kawasaki for re-introducing the green frame:( they will never be able to launch another "exclusive" bike.

On the other hand I love my 2015 and can't wait to get a close look at this carbon edition:)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
For me, as someone who rides his H2 in LSR, the Carbon Edition offers nothing that I actually need.

Is the fairing lighter or better in any significant way or is it just cosmetic?

The IMU is more for track riders and the subtle suspension changes will make little difference in a standing-mile. I always switch the TC off anyway as it interferes too much and makes me slower.

The exhaust changes are an unknown right now, do these Euro 4 changes which include a bigger catalyst sap the power? We'll have to see and when a guy riding a Carbon H2 takes my standing mile and flying kilo records away I will show an interest.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts