Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 2018 H2. From what I understand it is basically the same as the 2017.
My question is what are my options for reflashing the ECU? What are the different vendors offering?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Huge amount of info already on the forum, not hard to find, just read back through the threads, go to Brocks online shop etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@;
Huge amount of info already on the forum, not hard to find, just read back through the threads, go to Brocks online shop etc

I have been looking through and it is peace meal, Also I have yet to see anything on a 2017.
I just need a short list from someone that has spent time researching. The more info the better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@;
I have been looking through and it is peace meal, Also I have yet to see anything on a 2017.
I just need a short list from someone that has spent time researching. The more info the better.

Pretty sure they'll all be basically the same however contact www.brocksperformance.com or www.guhlmotors.com for some solid advice. Failing that trawl the forum, unsure if any 2017 owners are on here or had ECU flashed...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
That's a bit hard to nail down.By this time,Kawasaki has been watching these ECU flashes.It's possible the 2018 needs very little changed.Just a guess.'Fueling issues' may have been resolved with the new ECU?Guess you could call Kawasaki in Irvine,Ca and ask some particular questions about the new ECU setups.They'd be happy to give ya the rundown.I've talked to em several times over the last few years.Guys are very cool and helpful.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Keep posting if you find or hear anything. I'm sure I have plenty of time.
I have a feeling delivery is a long way off. I live in Reno, NV so the winter is long. And to be honest I am not all that patient so it is going to be an extra long winter. :(
Wouldn't it be great if they actually got rid of the power restrictions?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just ordered a 2018 H2. From what I understand it is basically the same as the 2017.
My question is what are my options for reflashing the ECU? What are the different vendors offering?
Flashing an ECU is specific to that region/model not just year manufactured and unless you know the ECU part number your question can't be answered accurately.

The ECU hackers need to make a specific definition file to suit each ECU and typically they do that pretty fast once they get access to a new ECU.

I expect you won't have trouble finding a reflash for yours but might have to wait a little while after the bike is released so they can code the differences.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flashing an ECU is specific to that region/model not just year manufactured and unless you know the ECU part number your question can't be answered accurately.

The ECU hackers need to make a specific definition file to suit each ECU and typically they do that pretty fast once they get access to a new ECU.

I expect you won't have trouble finding a reflash for yours but might have to wait a little while after the bike is released so they can code the differences.
Thanks,
That is good info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts