Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Has anyone on here had there 17 h2 derestricted ?

I'm looking for information but there is very little out there and I haven't seen any 17/18 owners that have had there bike flashed for derestricton.

Same goes for Woolich racing they offer the option on there site here in the UK but there is little information on here or anyone that has used this method.

The other option is flashtune, I spoke to Mike there and it sounds like a great set up but im just cautious about flashing the ecu myself or removing it and posting it somewhere. Ideally I want to ride in get the work done and ride out.

Starting to wish I bought a 15/16 ! If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for information but there is very little out there and I haven't seen any 17/18 owners that have had there bike flashed for derestricton.

Same goes for Woolich racing they offer the option on there site here in the UK but there is little information on here or anyone that has used this method.

The other option is flashtune, I spoke to Mike there and it sounds like a great set up but im just cautious about flashing the ecu myself or removing it and posting it somewhere. Ideally I want to ride in get the work done and ride out.

Starting to wish I bought a 15/16 ! If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Try BSD performance in Peterborough.

They did mine and are very knowledgeable, if you scroll through the pictures you’ll see mine (with Full Akra) then further down a 2017 H2 with Austin Racing slip on.
Phone up and speak to Gill, if you need more details speak to Andy or Mark. They’re excellent although a long ride down the A1 for you!

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BSD-Performance-633385573486332/

http://bsd.uk.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lam,

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I had a look at there facebook page am I right and your bike made 250rwhp? And the 17 made 220 according to the dyno print out's.

Did you have your ecu mapped or a power commander installed?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi Lam,

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I had a look at there facebook page am I right and your bike made 250rwhp? And the 17 made 220 according to the dyno print out's.

Did you have your ecu mapped or a power commander installed?

My pleasure

They really are good guys, no smoke and mirrors, BHP measured in DIN too.

Yes, mine is running bang on 250bhp at the rear wheel (and will be for sale this weekend at Via-Moto Kawasaki Derbyshire - photo below if anyone knows someone interested - shameless plug!)

I sent my ECU to Brocks off the back of a chat with Bob C on this forum. They de restricted it and sent it back along with a PCV and map to suit.

I suspected it was running very rich after installation and after fitting the full Akra system decided to book a session with the boys at BSD after seeing lots of the UK magazines using them for feedback on new bikes.

In fairness to Brock he kindly emailed me with a new map based around the fuel I was using (Shell V Power 99) and it turned out to be a solid baseline with Mark at BSD trimming it up slightly to get the correct AFR to my bike configuration. They also mapped my throttle to make it much more progressive and usable (Mark insisted calling it fuc#ing unridable!)

BSD can do the whole flash for you with or without a power commander, de restricting absolutely everything.

The power commander is a good asset if you want to quickly change maps for different conditions, race fuel, LSR or later mods to exhaust etc. However, if you don’t intend further mods then let them flash the ECU only.

They have several different options available to them including Woolich. Also masses of experience, I think there is another H2 on their FB page that also did 250bhp, unsure of the configuration though. They’ve done several and genuinely know the bike inside out.

Give them a call, very friendly people, tell Gill that Richard with the H2 advised you to contact them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone.

go to pcr performance in cannock have taken mine there

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well I want to de-restrict my 2017 but I want to play safe and buy an extra ECU so I can be sure of having a running H2, where to buy? BTW your paint job looks far better than my Carbon matt grey.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well I want to de-restrict my 2017 but I want to play safe and buy an extra ECU so I can be sure of having a running H2, where to buy? BTW your paint job looks far better than my Carbon matt grey.
I am just going to flash mine, an extra ECU would be nice but... I was stunned when I saw the paint in person. The pictures do not do it justice.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
UK guys
If anyone you know is the market for a high spec tuned H2 please forward this link.
The bike is immaculate & has full Akra system, running 250bhp.
It’s at my dealer but I still own the bike so price negotiable!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173506421564

https://via-moto.co.uk/used/1000991/kawasaki-ninja-h2-zx1000ngf?source=https://via-moto.co.uk/used/

How come you didnt part ex in Rich

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
How come you didnt part ex in Rich

Rob

Hi Rob,

I can still trade it but they’re good guys & said I’d potentially get more selling it through them with a small fee assuming it sells before the 2019 H2 delivery in March.

As you know, it’s a really bad time of year for sales, especially of a bike of its value so i’m not massively optimistic.

If it’s not sold I’ll take off the full exhaust system and trade it. I can drop in the old map no prob.

TBH I have a deposit on a 2019 H2 but will see how it pans out. Either way I’ll be on something by April, I wish I didn’t get bored with bikes but sadly I do!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I’d be interested in the Ackro downpipes if you decided to remove them Rich?

Steve.

Thanks Steve,
I’ll keep you posted, if I trade it then headers will come off assuming the dealer doesn’t offer above trade value.
If I go through with the 2019 H2 purchase (deposit down) then I’ll keep them but as I’m having another test ride on the “dark side” tomorrow (V4 Panigale S) I’m unsure what I’ll end up with!

·
Registered
503 Posts
If I go through with the 2019 H2 purchase (deposit down) then I’ll keep them but as I’m having another test ride on the “dark side” tomorrow (V4 Panigale S) I’m unsure what I’ll end up with!
Your joining the MCN appreciation society, depending on the length of your tongue determines how far you can lick the V4 rear fender;)

joking aside, beautiful bike, will it deliver like the H2 though ????

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
Your joining the MCN appreciation society, depending on the length of your tongue determines how far you can lick the V4 rear fender;)

joking aside, beautiful bike, will it deliver like the H2 though ????

Rob

Nah, I’m not that arsed Rob & fu#k MCN, they hype every new bike to death, it will soon be very old news.
Basically a mates brother in law runs a local dealership and said I could take one for the afternoon.
As the weather is good I thought I’d give it a proper blast.
Curious in what deal and part ex he can do but I don’t think I’ll be jumping ship. Had a scroll through the V4 forum, plenty of reliability horror stories for the first batch but seems to have calmed down... all very Ducati though.
Not exclusive/special enough although 50kg lighter with a proper throttle might be good! I’ll report back regardless.

Rich

1 - 20 of 64 Posts