Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The red oil fork tube does nothing for it's looks, lol...

Rhody...
While a bit unnecessary, it really would be a simple fix. And it really is insignificant in the light of the already brilliant looking machine. I'm not a Kawi rep by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it looks pretty good. Obviously not H2 good, but good nontheless. I'm a bit surprised by Kawi! They generally go out of their way to stay at the forefront. Certainly, the S1000RR or the R1 didn't catch them off guard, right? I think they were paying particular attention to the machines that we all own now! Watch out boys and girls! I think Kawi will be in overdrive now that our H2's are firmly planted. >:D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Matte black or Kawi green & black.
Like both.
The matte black looks too much like the 15 though & I already have a black bike. Think I'll get green & black. The KRT graphics package + ABS. Dig the paint scheme & really like the way the mostly black tank looks w/ rest of bike w/ the black paint going into the fairings. Sounds impressive, lots of great tech.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The filler cap looks identical to the H2s without the lines around the silver area. Same ESD as the H2s? What does it mean that it it will allow clutch less down shifts w/ race kit ECU?

"The traction control system, (called S-KTRC – Sport-Kawasaki TRaction Control) has five modes instead of the three on the current bike. Kawasaki says the traction control system can distinguish between torque wheelies, which are smooth, and which it’ll allow, and sudden wheelies, which will trigger system intervention depending on what mode it’s in.

It’s got three-mode launch control too, along with Kawasaki’s KIBS ABS systems which owners will be able to deactivate with a dongle from Kawasaki. Engine braking can be controlled with the engine braking control system, and is designed to offer riders the amount of engine braking they prefer.

The new ZX-10 will come with a quick shifter as standard, which will allow clutchless downshifts with a race kit ECU."

Read more: New Kawasaki ZX-10R

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
While a bit unnecessary, it really would be a simple fix. And it really is insignificant in the light of the already brilliant looking machine. I'm not a Kawi rep by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it looks pretty good.
By simple fix do you mean we could probably buy the green one from the black bike & switch it, what's involved do they simply screw off or is it a sealed unit, or?

Like the black lower, upper forks of the KRT bike better too.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Know what, forget it, I like the red nit tube, goes w/ the other red accents on other performance parts on the bike like the top of the forks, plus Kawi uses red accents now as part of its racing colors, guess it was thought through, lol!

Cool video:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Never having had a matte black bike...I wonder about the effects of waxing and buffing it out?Do you wax matte paint?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Can't wait for the comparison tests. It will be interesting to see if it has either approached BMW's power output, or if they are comparable to the R1's electronics and handling package. Nice looking bike in any case.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Can't wait for the comparison tests. It will be interesting to see if it has either approached BMW's power output, or if they are comparable to the R1's electronics and handling package. Nice looking bike in any case.
Agree, should be really interesting now that the 3 are back at more equal comparisons w/ new, updated liter bikes. Guess the expected 2016 Suzuki Gixxer was pushed forward to 2017 MY.

There's a 15 S1000RR in my garage right now, my cousins, it's nice, has great rep, performance & my local Bimmer dealer has 27 15s in stock in all color & option combos w/ over a $1k discount but dunno just not my taste for numerous reasons. At my Kawi/Yamaha dealer (who just installed my stage 2 set up) there's been an R1M sitting on the showroom floor since it was released which surprises me since it's such a terrific machine and only 500 built. I was thinking of buying it but want the new 10R. Think it will actually be the best combination of what you just mentioned, w/ the power of the RR but w/ an electronics & handling package as good if not better than the R1. Plus it's a Kawasaki Ninja! Ive loved my other sport bikes but seem to keep coming back to the Kawis.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I traded my 2012 ZX10R in when I bought the H2 ... and as much as I LOVE the H2 I miss my 10R bigtime.

Thing is now I have the H2 I wouldn't want to be without it.

But that new 10R looks like one **** of a bike, so there's a distinct possibility I'll have a H2 AND a 2016 ZX10R in my garage (along with the 2015 Z1000 SX) ........ oh well, it's only money :) :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I spoke to a Kawasaki staff member early last week who had ridden the ZX10R back to back with all the opposition - he couldn't say much as he was 'gagged' until the official launch but it was clear that the Kawasaki was right up there, if not ahead of the opposition !

·
Registered
267 Posts
Think I better stock up on 2 minute noodles and baked beans.
I won't be able to buy steak for a while when I get me one of these.F it all.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts