Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any word on whether or not Kawi will produce the H2/H2R (or a variant) for 2016? Honestly, I've been holding off on any mods until I'm sure that this isn't going to be a one-year-only bike.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was told by a very reliable source that NO 2016 H2R will produced (the H2R was the real exclusive Production bike). A No was given to a 2016 H2 production run. It was then clarified that no more orders of the H2 will be taken. Kawasaki is still manufacturing the H2s from the 1st and 2nd order windows thus some may have/get a 2016 manufacturer assemble date but still would be classified as year model 2015.

Only time will tell if any of this turns out to be true or not.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Since I was at a feedback discussion with Kawasaki and three other H2 owners the other week to discuss the pro's and con's of the bike, I would be very surprised if there were not further versions of the H2/H2R.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2016 H2 or Version

Since I was at a feedback discussion with Kawasaki and three other H2 owners the other week to discuss the pro's and con's of the bike, I would be very surprised if there were not further versions of the H2/H2R.

I agree. Why would they spend 2 hours+ at my house in Southern California also discussing what I liked about the bike, what I didn't, what modifications I was planning to do, etc.. This is what I considered Market Research. There is apparently World Wide Market Research, at least in the premium markets. In my opinion, there will be future H2's or at least versions of the H2. Not too sure of the future on the H2R. Kawasaki proved the Point"that thet could" with the H2R so futher production may not be necessary.:)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I asked Kawasakis Marketing Manager on Sunday whether they'll be more H2s, she looked at me and smiled, said "mayyyybe" & then made a gesture of zipping her lips. Doesn't tell you anything but the way she said it led me & the people I was w/ thinking she was saying yes. I wanted to ask John Rawthen the Sales Manager Corporate about how many H2's were built but forgot to ask, at least got to meet him.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I asked Kawasakis Marketing Manager on Sunday whether they'll be more H2s, she looked at me and smiled, said "mayyyybe" & then made a gesture of zipping her lips. Doesn't tell you anything but the way she said it led me & the people I was w/ thinking she was saying yes. I wanted to ask John Rawthen the Sales Manager Corporate about how many H2's were built but forgot to ask, at least got to meet him.
The way I see it (or at least hope it's how they see it) is with the demand for these, they can't slow down, might as well keep the ball rolling, a product like this not only helps this product alone but the whole brand. Flagships have that effect.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't know if I can take the market research as evidence that another H2/R production run will happen. I see it as them having a focus group representing those with plenty of disposable income. The answers you gave them could probably be applied to one or multiple segments of their standard product line/s. The tech they have developed IMO will be morphed into other products as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There will be a 2016 production run of the H2, the only difference will be 2015 colour will no longer be available. This was told to me by a Kawasaki Rep. in Toronto, Canada.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The silver mirror finish has to go..what a pain. . Just this and dropping the river mark will set the gen 1 2015 apart. The grin on my face left no one confused what a phenomenal machine this is . Any one who encountered me on the road was certainly in no doubt. How brilliant it will be when the colour box opens on this bike...Candy Blue,,,Purple (my favourite ),,,Silver (dream racer , David Essex ).... I'm sure there's another significant colour ????
I rode mine on some quite warm days, never found myself getting hot,wonder how you Cali Arizona boys are finding this?
The front intake is half blanked off, scope for additional cooling and a fully faired sports tourer?? Kawasaki gave us 200mph bodywork 15 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
There will be a 2016 production run of the H2, the only difference will be 2015 colour will no longer be available. This was told to me by a Kawasaki Rep. in Toronto, Canada.
Cool that makes these ones unique and with the aussie dollar where it is they will certainly cost more than the ones in the first model.It was always going to be as kawasaki wouldnt have invested this much R and D for just one model,sure smaller engines will probably get S/C as well down the track.Imagine an R6 yamaha trying to compete with a 600 ninja S/C,or any cruser competing with a Vulcan S/c 800 or 1,000.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oh no don't lose the Silver Mirror finish! The paint is my 2nd favorite thing about the bike next to the engine. Now that it's covered in Expel it's easier to take care of than paint in any color & will stay new indefinitely. This past weekend not even the Kawasaki Corporate Exec realized it was covered till I pointed it out around the tank emblem & where to feel for the edges along the side fairings, on that area I can't even see that's it's covered. When I buy the next sport bike no matter the color it's gonna get done too.

I got the sense that there would be more H2s but I also know that there was supposed to be an ordering period in November that has since been cancelled, it'll be interesting to see what transpires, maybe even Kawasaki hasnt made up their minds yet, perhaps that's the reason for the research, they're trying to make a decision?

·
Registered
787 Posts
If the SM paint is dropped your bike will rise in value. I would have bought the bike in Beige or Dog Doo Dah Brown just to get my hands on the engineering. Even a Veyron looks good in Beige , , The H2 will float alot more boats in different colours.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have no doubt that any new H2 is gonna have some tweaks to it...I'd guess that's why the cancelling deal.And these trips to owners...getting their inputs.They definitely want this machine to be all it can be...I think there was some amount of 'disappointment' at the beginning.Now that's she's out there...hitting the 200+ marks and the modding(flashes)...I can imagine Kawasaki getting this adjusted from the release of a new 2016 model.

·
Registered
288 Posts
As for the silver mirror paint, i was intially very upset that it scratches so easily,but i am happy now it is wrapped and it can be washed like a normal bike,mind you i am still carefull,big plus is if i need any panels of the wrap replaced in future the guy who did it is 10 minutes up the road.This color is definatly one thing that makes the bike stand out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Here's a thought... Kawasaki used the 2015 bikes to sus manufacturing processes etc... the 2016 bike, won't be as meticulously assembled by hand, process being outsourced to the robots...River mark disappears...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Here's a thought... Kawasaki used the 2015 bikes to sus manufacturing processes etc... the 2016 bike, won't be as meticulously assembled by hand, process being outsourced to the robots...River mark disappears...
You mean the 10R.
I set up a google alert for the 16 10R, seriously considering it if it's as good as I think it will be. Guess next month well know more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts