Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fb
i wonder how LIMITED the 2016 will be
i wonder how much it will cost
i posted it to this group on fb

·
Registered
574 Posts
That made it look like the real thing. I guess that will make all of our 2015's collectors items like the original 750 Honda and the first Z1's. The good thing about this is we are guaranteed a better source and supply of parts if they continue building these.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Can't help feeling K have missed a trick here. Some people like Red, Orange, Green , Purple etc. like BMW offer individual cars this could have been awesome.

There is a saying you can't polish a turd, and we know it isn't, but to the uninitiated it kinda looks like they ran out of ideas.

At least the first year H2's are now distinctive and pretty as anything with the green frame and should have higher residuals.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Mirror Coat Spark Black"...hmmm...now this is interesting.How they gonna 'mirror coat' a 'matte' color?It's like flat black,right?Must be like the zx10 black...????

How about the pinstripes?They looked off white or something.Unless that was the camera settings.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looks like all of the metallic green decals on the body work are replaced by grey/silver ones to match the frame. Certainly doesn't look as cool IMO.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
No...I don't think so either.But like all these...pics don't do real justice.Replacement panels however...that does appeal to me.Just in case that is;)

On second thought...the mirror coated black of ours is just TOO awesome.Compared to these other colors...it's a win win.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I guess that Spark Black is a gloss finish.So I see how they could cover it with a mirror coat....I think.This is odd...the pics appear to be flattish in reflectiveness.The ONLY part that looked 'mirror coated' to me were the front lower foils.The rest looks Matte.

"No you can't... but you can roll them in glitter"...okay...who invited H2R back?LOL.

"but to the uninitiated it kinda looks like they ran out of ideas"...it looks pretty similar to their new 10 color.Oh well...it's THEIR business.Glad I got mine...nothing else out there looks like it.(ours).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Might have a close resemblance to the colour on our super charger intake cover,that's got a black sparkle paint on it,
Makes me wonder though,will they make a new colour every year on the H2?If so that will make every year a one off model.
And with so many green framed models sold,maybe there will be less of the other colours on the road making those bikes more rare?
We're I live I know of 2 bikes for sale at shops at this moment,and both shops are only one hundred kilometres from each other,both been for sale a while.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There was one in the U.K. with 297 miles and 10% off list. It took a good while to sell.

A big part of the deal a year ago was the unknown. The press have hero worshiped it in the U.K. I think the 2015 will stay firm on price because the finish is to almost die for. Shame the R is a bit of chocolate fireguard but the road H2 has shined. I was thinking of parting mine and getting a new one but this has made my mind up to keep it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would say the frame is black but the video is deliberately washed out with only the colours they want you to see like the red Brembo and the green fork tops .
The full effect of the paint is not shown in this video , looks to be a satin or gloss black with mirror flake glitter only not the whole surface.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, so it is a limited color scheme not a limited H2 bike. Shame on you Kawa... My guess is they are doing this to move all the extra parts made that weren't sold during pre-orders. or a 2yr production run like the BMW HP4. The word exclusive and Kawa, to me, no longer belong in the same sentence. Unless it's like the anniversary ed's that have #x of x.

The bright side, parts wont cost arms and legs, just a pint or 2 of blood. LOL! I now can see a trackday on H2 now.

Black mirror sparkle coat... The micro scratches wont be as noticeable now.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I am totally fine with this approach. It will maintain the exclusivity of the first-year model and still ensure that parts continue to be available.

And ... I betcha the 2016 model will end up being considerably more rare than the 2015 ... The early-adopters already have their bikes!

I doubt if the video does the new paint scheme justice. It will be good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the murdered out 2016 model...very low key, which has it's own appeal.

What I'm really hoping for is a late-year intro of a 600cc variant...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel K screwed us over on an 'exclusive' bike. At least they should have changed the river mark on the 2016 to be the K logo instead which would have made the first gen bike all that more special.

I just feel like I made a bad decision. The bike is heavier and slower than it should be for a supercharged bike, the thing that had going for it was that exclusivity, then they took that away too..

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"I just feel like I made a bad decision"...hmmm...well...maybe.Guess it depends on what a guy bought this bike for?There's no other bikes out there like this one.ESPECIALLY the mirror coated black.The performance figures are really VERY good.It's way more bike than most will ever use.It handles great.It runs smooth.It has excellent power.You have a 'first' there.Not a gen 2.If yours is still in excellent shape...and stock...you can probably sell it for a good price.Sorry to hear ya feel let down.Seriously.Yours is a piece of motorcycling history...FWIW.

"the thing that had going for it was that exclusivity, then they took that away too.."...it IS exclusive...it will always be exclusive.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts