Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Didn't receive a care kit with the bike. Just wondering, What your all using and where I can order it from? I read somewhere Dr. Beasly but I'm having trouble finding out what kit everyone ordered? Or is the 16 color different that its not needed lol?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hey everyone,

Didn't receive a care kit with the bike. Just wondering, What your all using and where I can order it from? I read somewhere Dr. Beasly but I'm having trouble finding out what kit everyone ordered? Or is the 16 color different that its not needed lol?
It is the final layer of lacquer that is suffering from this micro scratching that is no different from any other Kawasaki bike ,the problem is due to the mirror like finish of the silver it just shows up and almost enhances any defect in the lacquer . I think the "spark " in the paint will help in disguising any defect but i think it will be just as susceptible as the original mirror paint to marking .
Like some members have done getting it wrapped is probably the best answer even if you only do the tank .

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If I remember correctly,some of the guys got one with the bike,some,the dealer's had them(preshipped) or waiting for them.Mine had it with the bike...however..the dealer had the kit in his office.IDK know HOW he had it...the bike when I arrived had NOT been removed or opened(the shipping crate and cardboard cover).Ask him about it.It comes with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
No.

....I mean...you first apply the NANO sealer on there.THEN you can use that Final Finish.That comes with the bike.Both products.

...for the Nano seal thing...You use that small sponge/suede applicator pad they supply.Let dry for the prescribed time...then gently BUFF out with a thick soft microfiber cloth.Change cloths...repeat.BUT FIRST!Your bodywork surface MUST be TOTALLY free of any dust particles OR fingerprints.Anything on that surface will be'embedded' in the Beasley's coats.That FIRST application is CRITICAL.Take your time with it..cleaning first.Removing any dust just before you apply the first coat.Subsequent coats same thing...microfiber the surface again...then apply.And so on.Hopefully you'll be doing this in a garage that has ZERO wind movement.I wouldn't chance doing this deal outside at all.Stuff can drift into the drying coats.I seriously would change out the cloths with every buff-out.So you'll need several cloths.I did three coats in about an hour and a half...maybe a bit longer.It was worth it.You don't want to apply one...then go ride...and do it again.Apply em all at one sitting.Let dry after the final application and buff-out...then give her several hours at least to kinda cure.Overnight would be best probably.

With that pad...go ONLY one direction with it.No swirling on application.Get the suede pad side well saturated.And CHECK that pad before you start applying the Beasleys.You don't want a particle of whatever hitting that paint surface.(scratching the clearcoat).

Once it's on there..however many coats you apply...you can then use something like Meguiar's 2.0 swirl remover on the finish(or that final finish..although it's not a true swirl remover...it does add pop to the paint.I use the 2.0...THEN Final Finish(sometimes).

Just make sure like the other towels...they're fresh and free of any contaminants(grit or anything).You'll probably need to rebuff after the first buff-out with that 2.0 stuff.Change cloths...go for it...GENTLY!Buff just a bit at first...check the surface...if you're getting any light marks on it...change cloths(or flip over) and also REMOVE any tags that are on em.That's the first thing with those.

It may sound a bit overdone how I've explained it...but once that Nano's on there...it's just swirl remover and that's really about all I do.I would use CLEAR warm water to wash(gently).I don't put soap on mine...ever.The paint looks brand new still at 13K miles.Let the warm water/rag do the lifting of bugs and such...I wouldn't try using a fingernail to try and scrape em off even though you're using the warm rag(microfiber again).Let em sit for a bit..applying the towel on there.Do NOT rub those spots.Bug casings WILL scratch that surface.The water will lift em up and away from the clearcoat...without having to rub on em.(okay...just a smidgen at times...but be careful).Let em soak most definitely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No.You use that small sponge/suede applicator pad they supply.Let dry for the prescribed time...then gently BUFF out with a thick soft microfiber cloth.Change cloths...repeat.BUT FIRST!Your bodywork surface MUST be TOTALLY free of any dust particles OR fingerprints.Anything on that surface will be'embedded' in the Beasley's coats.That FIRST application is CRITICAL.Take your time with it..cleaning first.Removing any dust just before you apply the first coat.Subsequent coats same thing...microfiber the surface again...then apply.And so on.Hopefully you'll be doing this in a garage that has ZERO wind movement.I wouldn't chance doing this deal outside at all.Stuff can drift into the drying coats.I seriously would change out the cloths with every buff-out.So you'll need several cloths.I did three coats in about an hour and a half...maybe a bit longer.It was worth it.You don't want to apply one...then go ride...and do it again.Apply em all at one sitting.Let dry after the final application and buff-out...then give her several hours at least to kinda cure.Overnight would be best probably.

With that pad...go ONLY one direction with it.No swirling on application.Get the suede pad side well saturated.And CHECK that pad before you start applying the Beasleys.You don't want a particle of whatever hitting that paint surface.(scratching the clearcoat).

Once it's on there..however many coats you apply...you can then use something like Meguiar's 2.0 swirl remover on the finish.Just make sure like the other towels...they're fresh and free of any contaminants(grit or anything).You'll probably need to rebuff after the first buff-out with that 2.0 stuff.Change cloths...go for it...GENTLY!Buff just a bit at first...check the surface...if you're getting any light marks on it...change cloths(or flip over) and also REMOVE any tags that are on em.That's the first thing with those.
Man lol wish I would have known this before I went riding it. I re-read the manual... it says nothing under care and cleaning ..... :( .... So lets see is there a link with a complete kit? I would need to clean it first with? and then apply the beasly ?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Get all the stuff off the surface FIRST...like I suggested.Then start with the Nano sealer.I wouldn't apply it to any unpainted surfaces on there.You CAN get it on the Beasley's website or Amazon I suppose.But honestly...your dealer PROBABLY has these items in his office.Maybe just forgot to give em to ya.It happens.That kit comes with two microfibers as well to get ya started.

There should have been a pamphlet with the bike explaining paint care and cleaning.Maybe in that BOX with the manual and such.I can't remember now...but I did have one with mine...from Kawasaki.Separate from the manuals.

If you've already ridden her(I don't BLAME ya one bit!)just make sure she's COMPLETELY free of anything on that surface(scratches,bugs and such) before using that sealer.I had to ride mine home as well...so no harm done.Nothing went kookoo to the paint.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get all the stuff off the surface FIRST...like I suggested.Then start with the Nano sealer.I wouldn't apply it to any unpainted surfaces on there.You CAN get it on the Beasley's website or Amazon I suppose.But honestly...your dealer PROBABLY has these items in his office.Maybe just forgot to give em to ya.It happens.That kit comes with two microfibers as well to get ya started.

There should have been a pamphlet with the bike explaining paint care and cleaning.Maybe in that BOX with the manual and such.I can't remember now...but I did have one with mine...from Kawasaki.Separate from the manuals.

If you've already ridden her(I don't BLAME ya one bit!)just make sure she's COMPLETELY free of anything on that surface(scratches,bugs and such) before using that sealer.I had to ride mine home as well...so no harm done.Nothing went kookoo to the paint.
Nice... Contacted them directly, signed up to the Kawasaki VIP club that gives you 40% off purchases off the site.

They suggested that I first wash the bike with the premium wash and 9x9 wash pad they sell, dry with the micro fiber towels, Then apply the nano resin with the foam block applicator. Then use The Final Finish in between washes.

First Time Kawasaki VIP club sign ups get The Final Finish 12oz bottle free.

Directions for the nano resin are on the site with a video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts