Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys seen the 2016 H2 Mirror Coated Deep Pink Gold Exhibition Model in the Tokyo Motor Show? Wow! I guess they wanted to create some controversy! Not my cup of tea by a long shot! I do like the new mirror black though. Looking forward to seeing how the added glass flakes in the first clear coat enhances the new scheme. Love so much more the 2015 color scheme though.

What I am looking forward to is the new slipper clutch. With a 40% reduction in squeeze effort, I am hoping it will be a direct replacement for our 2015 clutch.

I'm also looking forward to learning more about the "balanced" supercharger. Maybe there's some potential there for more and smoother power delivery.

A little curious as well about the new "optimized" ECU control for the H2. I'm sure it's as restricted as the 2015 but supposedly it gives a more natural power delivery in rain mode. Gawd, hype without spilling the beans.

So they added a CAN port to make an easy installation for an aftermarket data logger. ???? A sales point I guess.

The H2R. The CAN port was added to it as well. The only other change in the R model is the new paint scheme. The biggest thing about the H2R for 2016 is the announcement that it is going to be produced.

The IMS event that normally is held at the San Mateo center in the San Francisco Bay Area has been uprooted. It has been relocated and opens Friday the 6th of next month in the Sacramento Cal Expo grounds. I'm very much looking forward to this, hoping Kawasaki will be showing the 2016 H2. We'll see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yikes on that H2 color. I also hope that is a transient, non-final scheme which gives them time to present the actual thing in a more festive setting than the picture of today. Maybe even not at the Tokyo show, but later, say, Milan.

And that just when I was getting ready to put down the 2016 order later this week, pending confirmation on the visuals from the promo vid. ****!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes on that H2 color. I also hope that is a transient, non-final scheme which gives them time to present the actual thing in a more festive setting than the picture of today. Maybe even not at the Tokyo show, but later, say, Milan.

And that just when I was getting ready to put down the 2016 order later this week, pending confirmation on the visuals from the promo vid. ****!
Agreed! However, there are other pictures from Tokyo reflecting a couple more H2 bikes in the new black color. That pink stuff is most likely just a shock color for the show.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just doesn't do it for me the same :

I bought my H2 to ride the heck out of it, no way was I thinking in any investment terms but have to wonder what the guys that bought H2Rs to sit in their garage must be thinking. Yeah, you have to feel bad for those guys,,,NOT! LoL!

And wtf ugh :

Have no idea what that pic is about but I even hate brown for sports cars, on the ninja it's worse.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Glad I got my Green & Black mirrored beast but if I couldn't locate one the 16 is still better than anything else out there. If I were Kawi though next to the 15s color scheme being the best think I would have done an all matte black murdered out version for 16 instead of the silver frame and silver decals. No wheel decals btw & w/ the new clutch lever where it attaches looks different maybe. I do like the green "SUPERCHARGED" logo plate on the 16, think that would look cool on my 15. Actually the 15s silver & black version would better on the 16 too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wonder if they are getting nostalgic for that old Z-1 root beer, brown? Agreed that it is not too attractive.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep...me too.VERY different than anything around colorwise..with that mirror coating on it...it's really good looking...bet it really comes alive in the Sun.(you're talking about that one here in the upper pic,yes?In the glass case?)They also painted the lower fairing(s) there...nice.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep...me too.VERY different than anything around colorwise..with that mirror coating on it...it's really good looking...bet it really comes alive in the Sun.(you're talking about that one here in the upper pic,yes?In the glass case?)They also painted the lower fairing(s) there...nice.
Here's a little better shot of the pink one.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Matte Black, gloss black or silver or even that stuff that changes colors, I could think of so many other colors that it would look better to me, the pink/brown is really yuk IMO but guess that's what makes the world go round....Think matte black w/ silver decals would look very stealth F117, B2'ish. Or I had an 1986 Ninja 1000R that was black and dark silver with red decals,,,, a tribute H2 in matte or gloss black, silver or black frame with red decals (where the 15s green decals are)would look way better than a brown, pink bike especially w/ a silver frame but that's my opinion. If there was only going to be one year it's clear what colors, finishes they thought looked absolutely best! IMO they shot their best load w/ the 15

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks 880 for this...really looks good.Maybe replacement panels up ahead sometime.

The only thing with these paints...other than the Green one(s)...is the mirror coat.The Clearcoat can show up swirls and such...which can be magnified by the Silver Coat.Only the green one didn't seem to have this going on.The black one is gonna be virtually the same as our now MCB paint.It may even show swirls and stuff more?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Matte Black, gloss black or silver or even that stuff that changes colors, I could think of so many other colors that it would look better to me, the pink/brown is really yuk IMO but guess that's what makes the world go round....Think matte black w/ silver decals would look very stealth F117, B2'ish. Or I had an 1986 Ninja 1000R that was black and dark silver with red decals,,,, a tribute H2 in matte or gloss black, silver or black frame with red decals (where the 15s green decals are)would look way better than a brown, pink bike especially w/ a silver frame but that's my opinion. If there was only going to be one year it's clear what colors, finishes they thought looked absolutely best! IMO they shot their best load w/ the 15

Yes I agree , it's not a colour I would have tried if I were Kawasaki but the H2 can probably pull off any colour and look good .
My choice would be candy apple red or flat / satin black .

·
Registered
835 Posts

That is the best looking aircraft ever made It's the SR 71 not the 117 .
Fact of the day ) when President Lyndon B Johnson announced this aircraft he got it wrong by calling it the SR 71 as the skunk works called it the RS 71 ( I think it originally stood for reconnaissance strike ) it was thought easier to rename the aircraft and change over 30,000 blueprints than correct the President.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That is the best looking aircraft ever made It's the SR 71 not the 117 .
Fact of the day ) when President Lyndon B Johnson announced this aircraft he got it wrong by calling it the SR 71 as the skunk works called it the RS 71 ( I think it originally stood for reconnaissance strike ) it was thought easier to rename the aircraft and change over 30,000 blueprints than correct the President.
Appreciate it. I didn't say it was an F117, was saying a flat black bike w/ silver decals would look F117, B2'ish or a matte black bike w/ red decals like my old 1000R would look good too, that's when I though of the SR71. I got to walk all around, underneath even touch an SR71. It's truly amazing, so much larger than pictures depict too, my favorite as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not to sound too disappointed, but now I truly feel some people got shafted.

Certainly not for the product itself, which is in my opinion absolutely amazing, but for the deceiving communication. In retrospective, this marketing campaign is now borderline to false advertisement, which can spark actual lawsuits.

The 2016 H2 not only exists, it is not "more mainstream" or "less exclusive" than the 2015 model, it is actually (if only slightly) improved.

But the prize goes to the 2016 H2R. The H2, with its price point, can be considered a somewhat limited availability vehicle, but if the communication for the H2 may have been vague, the H2R was absolutely marketed as a one-off, never-to-be-seen-again deal.

I for one will cherish my H2 (hopefully) forever, as it is an amazing product, but I will never purchase another limited edition vehicle from Kawasaki.

Frio

·
Registered
787 Posts
My black zx11 had green metal flake but it was v subtle .I look forward to seeing a 2016, but don't think its special enough to make me get one. If these bikes had been the other way round ,I'd be in trouble now. I would have bought the 2015 if they had used tartan or spotty rocking horse paint.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was disappointed in news of a 16 for all of 5 minutes but now that I see pics of the 16 I'm not disappointed at all but never believed for sure that they wouldn't make more. Unless a manufacturer states a certain # of units never assume they won't make more. In fact assume they will otherwise it's fairly certain they will # them. When I bought my HD FLSTN I knew only 2700 were going to be made, they announced it and it's clear from the # on my dash "2109 of 2700". Auto manufactures do the same thing all the time to, Porsche is famous for it, Ferrari too. But even the Ferraris that aren't numbered as in LaFerrari 1 of 499 but say w/ the Italia or 488, they're not #d doesn't mean they're not "limited", w/ Ferrari every single car has a specific customer but w/the H2 each one has an order, there weren't dozens sent to dealership floors to be marked down eventually. It doesn't mean that the H2 isn't limited, there's a couple of new ones here or there but I made dozens of calls before finding a new bike that was even close to driving distance : 500 miles away. My local dealership sold more H2s than anywhere else (according to them) in the NorthEast US -4. They tired to order more but were denied. In the last month plus there's only been one single H2 for sale. My local BMW dealer has 27 new S1000RRs in every color & option combos. There's 15 10Rs, R1s, Gixxers even 1299s for sale sitting on the floors at all dealers by me, an H2? There hasn't been any new ones for sale in the NorthEast since May. So is it limited to the 15, no but production is "limited"..

1 - 20 of 143 Posts