Ninja H2 banner

Which one would you recommend?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any that would be able to help I’m looking for a used h2 and was wondering what that difference in the older models are the spec sheets are practically identical but, apart from specs is there any real major differences in the 2015 model and the 2018 model Thank ahead of time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Directly from the link I posted (Post #3 above)…

Model history of the Kawasaki Ninja H2 and H2 Carbon — How it changed over the years
There have been some revisions to the H2 and H2 Carbon over the years — some minor, some major.
  • 2016: Added an assist/slipper clutch. The original clutch was very heavy, but the newer one gave 40% lighter pull and stronger engagement.
  • 2017: The H2’s electronics was revised to get KCMF. This is Kawasaki Cornering Management Function, their name for a 5-axis IMU that gives lean-angle sensitive braking and traction control. It also got an Öhlins TTX rear mono-shock, improved rear suspension. 2017 was also the first year of the Ninja H2 Carbon, only 120 of which were made.
  • 2018: No changes (but this was the year the Ninja H2 SX was released)
  • 2019: Big update. The 2019 models got a power bump up from 150kW to 170 kW (200 hp to 228 hp), without ram air. With ram air, it’s even more! These changes came from a revised air filter, intake, spark plug, and ECU tuning. They also got Bridgestone RS11 tires, and Brembo’s new Stylema callipers, which have superior cooling to the outgoing Brembo M50 callipers. 2019+ models also got self-healing paint.
  • 2020: No changes apart from minor paint details.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Directly from the link I posted (Post #3 above)…

Model history of the Kawasaki Ninja H2 and H2 Carbon — How it changed over the years
There have been some revisions to the H2 and H2 Carbon over the years — some minor, some major.
  • 2016: Added an assist/slipper clutch. The original clutch was very heavy, but the newer one gave 40% lighter pull and stronger engagement.
  • 2017: The H2’s electronics was revised to get KCMF. This is Kawasaki Cornering Management Function, their name for a 5-axis IMU that gives lean-angle sensitive braking and traction control. It also got an Öhlins TTX rear mono-shock, improved rear suspension. 2017 was also the first year of the Ninja H2 Carbon, only 120 of which were made.
  • 2018: No changes (but this was the year the Ninja H2 SX was released)
  • 2019: Big update. The 2019 models got a power bump up from 150kW to 170 kW (200 hp to 228 hp), without ram air. With ram air, it’s even more! These changes came from a revised air filter, intake, spark plug, and ECU tuning. They also got Bridgestone RS11 tires, and Brembo’s new Stylema callipers, which have superior cooling to the outgoing Brembo M50 callipers. 2019+ models also got self-healing paint.
  • 2020: No changes apart from minor paint details.
It is interesting when Kawasaki claimed the 30hp increase one of the British mags dynoed one to see the difference. The older bike made 206 at the rear wheel and the new one made 207, hardly a 30 hp bump. Has anyone done dyno comparisons to prove this? On my Dynojet 250i a stock H2 did 193 and I am curious about the 2019 improvement.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think maybe the factory claims of higher HP numbers may be from reading them at the crank, rather than rear wheel, not positive on that though.

Also the stock H2 is still restricted via ecu shutting down throttle openings when over 10k rpm. Once you get it derestricted and properly tuned then HP numbers increase dramatically. These bikes have a lot of potential built into them, and I think it's a bit of a sales ploy to announce increased HP output on later models (I am aware of the small changes to different year models), and the factory maybe slightly derestricting the state of tune to begin with.

My stock 2015 H2 did 230 hp on a dyno after just woolich tuning. After H2R cams & woolich tuning I got 262 hp, but with much better partial throttle performance for on road riding.

This site used to be buzzing with many knowledgeable gentlemen doing amazing things to the H2, most seem to have gone, or just quieter now. The info is still on the site though for anyone wanting to improve performance, which is handy!

Don.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts