Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm getting ready to buy an H2. I really like the 2015 green accents, is there any technical reason why I should select the 2016 instead of the 2015? Price very even.

Thank you

·
Registered
104 Posts
Assist Clutch, some fixes, you can check in any online part diagram the complete list of "obsolete/replaced" parts... they are a few but they look important some how....

That said... why not the 2017 or wait for 2018? it will be announced in 2-3 months max.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There ya go!OG...18K?Good.300 miles..excellent.ONLY...you don't really know what shape the paint is actually in.I'd ask for some close ups of the painted areas.Aw..nevermind...it looks fine in those pics.Sounds like a good solid deal.GREAT bike...you'll love it.If you do get it,make sure you also get the goodies that came with it..BEASLEY'S sealer.Key Medallion(with matching VIN number)...The manual on flash drive.All that.the TWO keys it came with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There ya go!OG...18K?Good.300 miles..excellent.ONLY...you don't really know what shape the paint is actually in.I'd ask for some close ups of the painted areas.Aw..nevermind...it looks fine in those pics.Sounds like a good solid deal.GREAT bike...you'll love it.
Thank you Sir 🙏🏼

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 2016 electronics are different. Gas response is better. Won't surprise you and make you end up in the back of a car... ;(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Because the 2017 and 2018 are significantly more expensive 25k+ You can get a 2015-2016 for 17-18k.

I'm seriously considering to get this one.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcd/6176581031.html

then is not a 2015 vs 2016 issue, is a new vs used one :)

yes of course, new bikes are more expensive... for sure.

comparing apples to apples, a used 2015 vs a used 2016, I think the used 2016 is a better bike.

·
Registered
765 Posts
2015 is, and always will be, the original ninja h2. Imo it looks much better than any others and if you plan to modify it already has a clutch that easily holds 280whp (ask me how I know) :)

In fairness, their is no bad one and peoples tastes are just that but, the first is the best;)

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
2015 is, and always will be, the original ninja h2. Imo it looks much better than any others and if you plan to modify it already has a clutch that easily holds 280whp (ask me how I know) :)

In fairness, their is no bad one and peoples tastes are just that but, the first is the best;)
I agree, the green framing makes a huge difference

·
Registered
625 Posts
A huge difference if you happen to like green frames and green decals....
The 2017 bike is most capable and advanced of the bunch, if I could swap mine for it then I would (with any frame)
I'm sure the 18 will be better still, I'm also sure we'll always get those who claim "The 15 was the first and best' really? Unmarked, unmodified green frame then yes, it will hold an advantage on resale but the bottom line is Kawasaki half shafted you, they diluted the rarity and carried on making it.
TBH I'd be happy with any of them but progress will continue and they'll improve each year until the plug is pulled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 2017 bike is most capable and advanced of the bunch, if I could swap mine for it then I would (with any frame)
I'm sure the 18 will be better still, I'm also sure we'll always get those who claim "The 15 was the first and best' really? Unmarked, unmodified green frame then yes, it will hold an advantage on resale but the bottom line is Kawasaki half shafted you, they diluted the rarity and carried on making it.
TBH I'd be happy with any of them but progress will continue and they'll improve each year until the plug is pulled.

I agree, but how much better is the 2016 than the 2015? I'm planing to modify the crap out of my bike just like I did it with my car.... so it won't be stock for too long

·
Registered
625 Posts
Not a huge difference, bigger step between the 16 & 17 models, go for it, you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
503 Posts
Spot on

Do you know something about the 18 model

Based on 17 model sales Kawasaki are gonna need something very, very special to bring back interest

I'm not 100% convinced there will be a "new" 18

Rob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"bottom line is Kawasaki half shafted you, they diluted the rarity and carried on making it"...I don't see it that way at all. If they had stopped the runs,you wouldn't be enjoying the latest H2's.Why not make another iteration?I didn't get my 2015 to save it and sell it.I got it to RIDE.And it's everything I had wanted.Piping and a flash,yep...just great!Didn't even ride my 2013zx all 2015/16.Probably be this way again this year.It's a very hard bike to NOT ride.

"Unmarked, unmodified green frame then yes, it will hold an advantage on resale"...I'm not really seein that.Most in good condition are goin for around 19K...still good but certainly not great.And that's okay.I'll sell my 14 before I let loose of the mongoose.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I agree Rob, I think sales will decline unless they go radical again, some unsold 16's around and my dealer says interest is virtually non existent, especially with the top superbikes raising the bar. He sold two in two years, nothing since. Maybe they'll redesign it or apply the technology in a more affordable way.
Anyway, everyone has an opinion, mine is that they're all very special but the game is slowly moving on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decide to go with the 2015 just because of the green framing... now I need to start looking into modifications ? Brock's stage 2 is on the top of my list.

I'm 6'2" tall 265 pounds... is there any way for me to make the bike taller? So I don't look like a Gorilla riding a tricycle...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts