Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Whats with the torque graph ?
And mph axis rather than rpm doesnt help either

Also without putting the 250hp bike and yours on same dyno same day its not fair to compare
Too many variables

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats with the torque graph ?
And mph axis rather than rpm doesnt help either

Also without putting the 250hp bike and yours on same dyno same day its not fair to compare
Too many variables
I think They told me 100 TQ

True but the difference is huge...

I mean 236 WHP is enough for my capabilities so I'm not disappointed by any means.

·
Registered
625 Posts
LeoH2, how is the bike breathing, I assume you have Sprint or DNA filter?
Then PCV, flashed ECU & street map ? What exhaust do you have?
Apologies if you've already stated the above...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Not only exhaust and filter question....What were the dyno conditions and how did they do it ? What was your engine temp and BOOST temp (more importantly) when they did that pull ?

And torque is whacky. This an experienced dyno group ?

NOLA

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I found a video with Brock using NEW software.(on his dyno).He MAY be still quoting the earlier numbers.IDK.But there's really very little reason YOUR H2 should be that low.I'd suspect the operator is not getting it right somehow.You have all the same mods as those reaching 240+.

You're DEFINITELY NOT getting 500 torque.If I'm reading that right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a video with Brock using NEW software.(on his dyno).He MAY be still quoting the earlier numbers.IDK.But there's really very little reason YOUR H2 should be that low.I'd suspect the operator is not getting it right somehow.You have all the same mods as those reaching 240+.

You're DEFINITELY NOT getting 500 torque.If I'm reading that right.
Yeah They told me it didn't read the TQ right for whatever reason, I will ask again tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not only exhaust and filter question....What were the dyno conditions and how did they do it ? What was your engine temp and BOOST temp (more importantly) when they did that pull ?

And torque is whacky. This an experienced dyno group ?

NOLA
Bike was cold before We run it, We had it tuning for 3mn to warm up before We did the pulls.

The dyno is a dyno yet, they said is very accurate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeoH2, how is the bike breathing, I assume you have Sprint or DNA filter?
Then PCV, flashed ECU & street map ? What exhaust do you have?
Apologies if you've already stated the above...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes full exhaust, DNA air filter, ecu flash (Brocks stage 2)

·
Registered
702 Posts
In SAE scale your horsepower is not low. Brock's Stage II kit on most "honest" dynos makes anywhere from 234-239hp (revving to 14,000rpm) and the highest I've personally seen it make is 242 where the graph jumped as the AFR leaned out for a split second.

My bike with Stage II SC gears and a flash made 257hp SAE @ 13,500rpm and 263hp uncorrected on the same dyno where a Brock's stage II made the 236hp. Obviously revving to 14,000 may have netted me another 5hp but I chose to stay conservative.

On the internet you will see guys posting various scales, STD, SAE, and DIN which reads the highest. I prefer the SAE scale and as long as you are in the ballpark of 235hp on the SAE scale your bike is very healthy.

Don't be one of those guys who think they have 270hp but then get roasted by a worked S1000RR and are left puzzled as to why. I've spent a lot of time on the dyno and will challenge anyone's BS on this topic.

Moral of my rant - Your bike's doing GREAT! Enjoy it. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
In SAE scale your horsepower is not low. Brock's Stage II kit on most "honest" dynos makes anywhere from 234-239hp (revving to 14,000rpm) and the highest I've personally seen it make is 242 where the graph jumped as the AFR leaned out for a split second.

My bike with Stage II SC gears and a flash made 257hp SAE @ 13,500rpm and 263hp uncorrected on the same dyno where a Brock's stage II made the 236hp. Obviously revving to 14,000 may have netted me another 5hp but I chose to stay conservative.

On the internet you will see guys posting various scales, STD, SAE, and DIN which reads the highest. I prefer the SAE scale and as long as you are in the ballpark of 235hp on the SAE scale your bike is very healthy.

Don't be one of those guys who think they have 270hp but then get roasted by a worked S1000RR and are left puzzled as to why. I've spent a lot of time on the dyno and will challenge anyone's BS on this topic.

Moral of my rant - Your bike's doing GREAT! Enjoy it.
Thank you Sir! That makes a lot of sense. I was expecting more power but I'm happy at this level.

The only reason I was expecting 250+ is because I saw the dyno sheets on brock's website showing big numbers (260+)

http://www.brocksperformance.com/images/Ninja_H2_AH2_Full_SAE_Zoom.jpg

The clutch levers feel very hard (I upgraded to short levers) I hope it will get better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also, while I'd hope for more accuracy, dynos very commonly are "precise," meaning that for the same motor and same conditions strapped down the same way etc they'll give the same result within maybe a percent or two, they are not so "accurate," meaning they can be off many percent compared to the value that would be measured by perfect equipment.

One dyno may read say 10% higher than another. It's just what it does. It has nothing to do with the operator, it's just that dyno, and to some extent that dyno brand (Dynojet is well known for tending to read high.)

Change is far more meaningful. If the same dyno showed say a 25 hp improvement compared to baseline under same conditions, another dyno ought to show similar improvement, but quite likely not the same final hp number.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Also, while I'd hope for more accuracy, dynos very commonly are "precise," meaning that for the same motor and same conditions strapped down the same way etc they'll give the same result within maybe a percent or two, they are not so "accurate," meaning they can be off many percent compared to the value that would be measured by perfect equipment.

One dyno may read say 10% higher than another. It's just what it does. It has nothing to do with the operator, it's just that dyno, and to some extent that dyno brand (Dynojet is well known for tending to read high.)

Change is far more meaningful. If the same dyno showed say a 25 hp improvement compared to baseline under same conditions, another dyno ought to show similar improvement, but quite likely not the same final hp number.
This ^^^^

Its about gains you make from a base setting

Many years ago I had a race R1 that was dynoed at 152hp when I purchased it, on my mates dyno it was reading 145, same bike, different dyno's, different days and probably different conditions

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
When mine was tuned I had the vandemon full system, DNA air filter and a power commander. We started with 161hp and jumped Upto 234hp once we changed the throttle maps and tuned it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If any of you guys modded your h2 for more horsepower you GOT to shim the clutch springs for more pressure. My 6th gear was slipping like a ************ at 10,000 rpm`s and above.Steels had some bluing on each one.I custom ground washers from Ace hardware.Take a digital measuring device with you cause washers can vary alot.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If any of you guys modded your h2 for more horsepower you GOT to shim the clutch springs for more pressure. My 6th gear was slipping like a ************ at 10,000 rpm`s and above.Steels had some bluing on each one.I custom ground washers from Ace hardware.Take a digital measuring device with you cause washers can vary alot.

Or, you could just order Brocks' clutch spring kit for $19.95 :D

Heavy Duty Clutch Spring KitClutch Spring Kits | Brock's Main Store

Thanks though. ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Low relative to other Dynojets, or low relative to say a Factory Pro?

Or, another way of looking at it is that a horsepower is an actual, exactly defined thing: 550 ft lb per second of work.

As I understand it, Dynojet programs it machines to report more than 1 "hp" per 550 ft lb per second of work applied to its drum, even before atmospheric and temperature corrections. Quite a bit more.

Not all companies choose the inflation factor that Dynojet uses (and as they claim their inflation factor is "proprietary," probably no one uses the same as they do when using any.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts