Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today I joined the 200 mph club on today's canyon ride, I was stoked.
It was on the same 1-mile straight that we always hit, I just got a better run today.
would love to gear it up and hit a 2-mile stretch but there are none around here without cars..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Terry, congrats on the 200. Did you do it from a standing start or were you already rolling when you hit the straight?

Her's one of my tickets. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Racer172, out of interest as I'm getting a garmin etrex10, how do you secure/fasten/tie/hold your etrex to or on the bike?

Don.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fantastic! Was hoping to join you at Mojave this year. Sure hope they have it this April so we can get certificates
I know! I was sooo bummed when they canceled the season. You know Mojave has a 1.5 mile run too, that's the one I want to do, that's the one Brock's did when they set the speed record. Hey do me a favor, if you hear about Mojave scheduling again let me know.

Awesome!Beat ya by 1mph!LOL
Ha! I beat you in photography! LOL

Terry, congrats on the 200. Did you do it from a standing start or were you already rolling when you hit the straight? Her's one of my tickets. :)
Nice! How long was your run?
On this section of road it is always from a rolling start coming up over the hill through a sweeping turn, usually in 4th gear. Here is what that section of straight looks like from a previous fly-by (back when my bike was bone-stock):

Racer172, out of interest as I'm getting a garmin etrex10, how do you secure/fasten/tie/hold your etrex to or on the bike?.
I don't, I either put it in my jacket pocket (my Alpine Starts suit has pockets) or sometimes I put it in the seat trunk. Just check it for max speed when we stop for gas or breakfast. I always use this GPS at the track and keep records of my max speeds each time and what gearing I'm running, and refer back to these notes next time at that track.

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not a big deal but I hit a new mark on that same 1 mile stretch yesterday
the +4mph difference was from the intercooler install

·
Registered
427 Posts
222.949891384 GPS mph

In less than 1.5 miles with a slow start and less than 12k until 5th gear.

In mexico of course :)

.... with just a full exhaust, race sprint air filter, Guhl / Brock ECU, 19/41 and MR12

I only removed the mirrors, had an oversized baggy leather jacket, not my one piece tight fitting leathers.

Everything else was stock!

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Sorry did you say you did 222 in 5th gear!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And this is the intercooler everyone is quoting facebook comments that it looses hp ?
Yeah I think I saw someone say that in a Ricky Gadson FB thread.
I'm hear to say BULL SH*T!
Since I've added the Extreme Creations IC I've done NO other engine mods or tuning and IMO it added at least 20hp to what was already there.
Frankly the bike scared the crap out me the first couple times I rode it.
Cooler air = more HP. period.
well done with this kit!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd be willing to bet racer172's actual speed is more like 207. Unless he held it there for 5 or so seconds.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts