Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First thing I needed on the bike was some lower footpegs as i am 6'3" and have long legs, following much internet searching the rearsets available are way too much $$$ and none of them lowered the pegs they only raised them ? :(

So I came up with my own solution and it works perfectly for having your legs and knees very comfortable - 1" is the perfect drop for your feet and the standard levers all have enough adjustment to match the lower peg position without changing any other bits and making it a cheap solution to spending hundreds on rearsets that only raise the pegs..

It also helped mine a lot with finding neutral as I think changing the lever position to match the lower pegs has resulted in a better angle/movement on the gear selector for hitting it.

I've attached some pics and will make a for sale post if anyone else wants some of them too, my next task is to find some bar risers that can raise 1" as that will make it all fit perfectly for me and is the same thing I did to the ZX10R which made it a really comfy bike to ride without spoiling the handling at all.

Enjoy,

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
You have done a great job on those, looks like a factory option.

Have you managed to scrape them yet?

Might actually be pretty close to the same scratch height as the factory ones with hero knobs taken into account.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've removed my chicken strips and no scraping as yet, they are still sprung loaded just like the std pegs are so will lift up if it does touch down anyway
They make a huge difference to the comfort on your legs and knees and I truly believe if you make a bike fit you correctly then you will be able to ride it not just with comfort but easily faster as well.

The next things im after is bar risers, gel seat and zg corsa windscreen and it will be super comfy instead of just tolerable....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hia Mate , Did you ever get around to setting up an advert on these , im interested in a set .. based in uk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Was using the Buell's but got some solid aluminum ones from Knights to work and they fit the look of the bike better. PM me if interested. They original fit my Aprilia RSV4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

First thing I needed on the bike was some lower footpegs as i am 6'3" and have long legs, following much internet searching the rearsets available are way too much $$$ and none of them lowered the pegs they only raised them ? :(

So I came up with my own solution and it works perfectly for having your legs and knees very comfortable - 1" is the perfect drop for your feet and the standard levers all have enough adjustment to match the lower peg position without changing any other bits and making it a cheap solution to spending hundreds on rearsets that only raise the pegs..

It also helped mine a lot with finding neutral as I think changing the lever position to match the lower pegs has resulted in a better angle/movement on the gear selector for hitting it.

I've attached some pics and will make a for sale post if anyone else wants some of them too, my next task is to find some bar risers that can raise 1" as that will make it all fit perfectly for me and is the same thing I did to the ZX10R which made it a really comfy bike to ride without spoiling the handling at all.

Enjoy,

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts