Ninja H2 banner

1/4 mile track times!

21K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  zrxman 
#1 ·
Alright, who has taken their H2 to the strip and what time did you post? This is the first time I have ever raced a 1/4 mile track, and I was aweful. LOL. But by the end of the night I ran a 10.756 at 145.17 mph on a very stock 2015 H2 using launch control 1. Lemme know what your experience was like.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Done it a couple times but on my ZX10R with about 70,000 km on it at the time ... wee bit tired.

It's a lot harder than it looks. The launch is a lot harder than it looks. Getting your feet off the ground and finding the shifter while trying to keep the front end down is a lot harder than it looks.

I eventually managed 11 seconds at about 136-ish mph with stock wheelbase, and about 10.7 with about the same trap speed with a bolt-on swingarm stretch, which helps a lot with the launch. Stock engine, stock exhaust, air filter probably dirty.

I'll stick to going around corners (roadracing) and leave the dragstrip to Gadson and company!

The tires on my H2 with about 2400 km on them have the inevitable flat spot in the center from street riding but they're almost as worn on the sides ...

#5 · (Edited)
Come up to Elvington and run on the two-mile runway with Straightliners.

As for quarters: I remember a post from Rickey Gadson about a year ago which compared the stock H2 with a ZX14R (ZZR1400). The 14 was a little better over the 1/8 mile by virtue of it's wheelbase, the H2 was a wheelie monster and will not take full throttle in the lower gears but it was ahead after the 1/4 due to it's top-end performance - although not much in it.

#11 ·
I'm doing a short trip to the UK in June, my plan (objective ?) is to spend two days doing 1/4 mile runs on the Saturday/Sunday with the aim of getting below 10 seconds, and then on up to Elvington for the following Tuesday and running over 200mph at the end of the measured mile.

Big aims I know, but you have to have targets in life !

#7 ·
Thanks for sharing! Practice makes perfect ;) Stick with it, and you will notice the times dropping as you make more and more passes.

#8 ·
This machine is great, but is does take a very skilled rider to get it under 10 seconds. I have made about 13 runs and have yet to crack the 10 mark. I have had my suspension adjusted this weekend as the rear end had no squat and would just wheelie off the line. I will post up my results with the new set up. Wanna break 10 seconds stock before I and 100 more horses. I made a promise to myself that if I got under 10 seconds, I would do Brock's stage 2 and my tuner has a 100 shot nitrous kit he is begging me to put on. Can't wait.

#9 ·
^100 shot of nitrous? That's getting a little excessive lol. I would start a 30-40 shot first before attempting to put 100 shot on. One good thing is the nitrous will help cool the intake temps nicely lol.

The suspension setup should help a lot, and after that maybe try strapping down the front end.

Reactions: perlian12
#12 ·
Last year was my first time ever going to a drag-strip and on my very first run I ran a 10.001 on my ZX-14R (full exhaust, PCV, HM quickshifter and stock wheelbase). Since then I have been about 8 times and I averaged about 4 runs per visit and I just clocked a 8.998 @ 154 mph. My current mods are 4.75" swingarm extension, 1.5 inches lowered in the rear, full exhaust, PCV, front-end straps, triple trees raised 1 inch and MPS airshifter.

#14 ·
Since Mojave Mile was canceled this year I decided to take my H2 to the drag strip today. Was hoping for a 10.5 et and 150 mph I know the bike will et quicker but I'm too nervous of wheelies to hit it too hard on the launch. I was very happy with running 10.03 and 151.8 mph. My first attempt was 148 mph then four straight over 150 mph.

#16 ·
Here's a run , logging data. I ran a 10.3 @ 152 MPH , the other bike went 8.93 @ 152MPH. Mine is geared for LSR. 19 teeth front and 41 rear. Stock wheelbase, no launch control. I just wimped it off the line as to not put wear on my clutch before I get to Maine this July.... Hard to believe that we were both doing 152 at the end.

#17 ·
Had mine on the strip last weekend - it was a disused airfield so not a lot of traction off the line, best run 10.3 @ 157 mph. Brocks flash, sprint air filter, 19/42 LSR gearing. Running gently off the line without traction control or launch control. I'm confident it will run well into the 9's with a little more practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.