Higer Handle Bars - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Higer Handle Bars

Anybody got some for sale? I know they are only 3/4" higher but I would like to try them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Do you mean the Kawasaki ergo bars?I have those on mine.They don't lift the bars higher.Only the angle is raised.I guess technically,they are raised. I thought they might raise the whole bar clamp deal.But they don't.3/4 or 5/8 at the tips.Which is really hard to feel.

Last edited by h2madness!; 12-17-2018 at 05:18 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes those are the ones. I think it depends on you arm reach. When riding in the city I am finding myself lifting off the bars a little to move my Ballance back. Thought I would try those bars to see if I don't need to do that.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Instead of the bars,how about shaping the seat?That's what I did.Turned out totally good.You can shave the contour you want from the underside part,instead of going at the top surface.Turns out looking factory.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
I like the low bars. I have found out something interesting. I have a truly phucked up back. I used to race flat track for a living (smooth dirt ovals) and going into a dusty corner (dust was so thick you could not see) at 106mph, about the third lap, I swung out wide to go in under the 1st place guy and come out of the dust in 1st. well I t-boned a guy stopped in the dust because he couldn't see That is the last thing I remember, they said they pulled me out of a tree after I wrapped around a 4x4 fence back first and flew up into said tree. Anyway I have mostly been riding my Concours 14 where you sit straight up. And my back has been problematic to say the least. Bring in the H2, since I started riding it, my back has been mostly not terrible. Being laid over and the thing trying to stretch your spine must be helpful. I rode the Concours a couple of weeks ago a and my back stiffened up. Rode the H2 yesterday and my back feels much better today.

Last edited by TedG; 12-17-2018 at 08:18 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-17-2018, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
You may want to try these...

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/a...50mm-clip-ons/

A mate has some on his R6 and it's great as an all-rounder. He has his set maybe more like a Tuono, angle-wise, compared to standard... It certainly allows you to customise the riding position quite a bit...
post #7 of 8 Old 12-18-2018, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Back is not the problem, it's pressure on the nerves in the palm of both hands, riding around at slow speed makes my fingers tingle. To top this I lift myself a little off the bars. Just need to take the weight off my hands. At highway speeds I'm fine.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-18-2018, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick150 View Post
Back is not the problem, it's pressure on the nerves in the palm of both hands, riding around at slow speed makes my fingers tingle. To top this I lift myself a little off the bars. Just need to take the weight off my hands. At highway speeds I'm fine.
Yeah, that is a tough one. Probably a combination of lowering the seat by replacing the foam, sitting more forward and bars. You may have to look at other bars because as H2madness says, they only change the angle. Maybe finding bars that are up and back a bit without hitting the tank or the fairing is going to be tricky, but diligence may just pay off.
I just went out and looked, there are probably a ton of clip-ons out there that will work and allow you to raise the bars, going back and up should not cause any real clearance problems.

Last edited by TedG; 12-18-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page