Woolich vs. Flashtune differences - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BobC
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Woolich vs. Flashtune differences

I was looking at making some timing tweaks using the H2R as a reference. I only have the H2R map on Flashtune. So I looked at the Flashtune timing maps for the stock H2 and in some places they are exactly the same as the Woolich, but in others they are very different.

Anyone here familiar with both? Any thoughts on why they are so different?
TedG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 03:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Did you compare the same stock map? Same year, same country, same gear, same cylinder? Actually they look really similar to me. Only difference is that woolich uses also the decimal number, while flash tune only the whole number. Maybe the little differences came from there, but basically the maps are identical.
Simon0721 is online now  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Senior Member
 
BobC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,277
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I was looking at making some timing tweaks using the H2R as a reference. I only have the H2R map on Flashtune. So I looked at the Flashtune timing maps for the stock H2 and in some places they are exactly the same as the Woolich, but in others they are very different.

Anyone here familiar with both? Any thoughts on why they are so different?
Different cams.
h2madness! likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
BobC is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon0721 View Post
Did you compare the same stock map? Same year, same country, same gear, same cylinder? Actually they look really similar to me. Only difference is that woolich uses also the decimal number, while flash tune only the whole number. Maybe the little differences came from there, but basically the maps are identical.
Yes, as far as I could tell. Comparing the stock maps some values in certain areas compared properly, but then in the middle of the map things changed dramatically and they should be close but were not.
TedG is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Different cams.
I do not want to use the H2R map because as you say it has different cams. BUT you can gleen data about de-restrictions. My question is about stock maps and why they differ.
TedG is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
The only differences I can found in the usa map, are in order of .5 .6 of a degree in some areas. But I repeat, I think it's mainly because woolich uses the decimal and FT does not.
Simon0721 is online now  
post #7 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon0721 View Post
The only differences I can found in the usa map, are in order of .5 .6 of a degree in some areas. But I repeat, I think it's mainly because woolich uses the decimal and FT does not.
I just grabbed a 2017 map and it is almost the same, I was looking at the 2019(my bad)and it is very different.
TedG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome