Has anyone tried the Michelin RS tires on the H2? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 Old 11-06-2017, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Well, just came back from 2 day track ride at Phillip Island, using the Bridgestone RS10 R-Type front and rear, so I guess a bit softer than the stock RS10 that come with the H2.

First up, I am NOT a fast rider - after several years doing an annual 2 day track ride I have a good idea of where I sit in the pecking order on track - middle of the intermediate group.

The track days consist of 20 minute sessions per group, which amounts to about 4-5 sessions on the first day, after initial pep talk by the organisers, then second day about 5-6 sessions.

My rear tyre was close to shot after first 2 sessions! Left hand side basically shredded - I know a lot has to do with tyre pressures etc. I persisted though, and sat out one or two sessions just so I could extend the tyre life. I have never had a bike slide and squirm so much out of corners AND when simply changing gears - for example coming out of turn 2 (Southern Loop) from 4th to 5th the bike would kick out, turn 5 (Siberia) from 3rd to 4th would elicit a big slide/kick and then the short shift through 5th and 6th would do the same. Other riders were amazed at the tyre wear and noticed the bike squirming through the track. I had the TC on level 1 (start up default), and I guess I could have played with stronger TC to help the bike pull out of the corners a little tamer, but boy was I having fun!!! And getting the crap scared out of me!!! This thing was hurtling me down the straight and up to turn 1 (Doohan Corner) faster than I have ever gone - and also into turn 4 (Honda Corner) I am grateful for the Brembo brakes! no fade whatsoever!, and although very heavily braking, the ABS never once came on or the bike get out of line.

Again, I am obviously not a frequent track rider, but it is still one of the best things I can do on a bike. As far as the BS tyres go, I'm not sure if they were too soft a compound or a combination of that and the power of the H2! By the last session on day 2, the bike was very loose out of all corners and hard acceleration.

Don.

Last edited by H2015; 11-06-2017 at 03:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page