• 1 Post By BobC
  • 1 Post By BobC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Want better mileage from your rear tyre ?

Hi Guys,

I picked up my H2 about 7 weeks ago and managed to completely kill the rear tyre in around 600 miles road use ! I need to get at least a thousand out of a rear at least to prevent me having to buy shares in Bridgestone lol

So I changed from the Bridgestone rs10 to their new S21R tyre and so far so good, its noticeably fairing better so far after a few hundred miles and I will report on its final mileage once I've finally killed it but I expect its going to get double the mileage of the RS10 as its not tearing the tyre up in the centre under full acceleration despite me riding the bike hard as ****

FYI - I run traction control either fully off or on mode 1 and the S21R tyre still copes fine with no more wheelspin than the RS10 so the overall grip is still enough but its a harder compound in the centre section so its not ripping it apart under 140 mph full throttle power wheelies

the S21R comes in 200/55/17 size so no messing up with the traction control - for trackdays where it is knee down on every corner I may still use the RS10 or the diablo SuperCorsa tyre but for road use I think that this is a better all rounder and will get much more mileage

Further info here I found while looking for a replacement to our RS10's (their testing of the tyre at tracks): Bridgestone S21 tyre review | Superbike Magazine

Thanks,
Pete

robby9999 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Dont forget to try Michelin Super Sport EVO, its expensive, but way more better than RS10 in any aspect you can meassure
Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Garage
There is a Huge tyre thread, have a look for it. I'm on the pirelli Corsa Rosso 3 and good for fast road. Impressive in the damp, wet ( when I got caught out) and lasting well. On 1500 but i ride like a girl

Love bikes and cars so a petrolhead at heart. Moto Gp, F1, BSB, WEC. you name it. Currently have a Tiger Kit car, GT86 and now a proud owner of a 2016 H2

Old 10-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
My bike's rear RS10, a virtually new tyre after a one-mile standing start run to 204mph. It's been working hard and gripping like sh*t to a blanket.

I've never had any problems with the RS10. The bike's done three seasons of LSR and this is the third tyre. The OE Bridgestone gets my vote.
robby9999 likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home

Last edited by BobC; 02-01-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
600 mile off the rear, fooking ****

I have nearly a 1000 mile on my rear RS10 and probably 500 left on it

I need to up my game and open the throttle a bit more

I must be one of the few who rate the RS10, loads of grip in dry conditions (mine don't venture out in the wet) an imo suit the bike

I run super corsa SC1 or SC2 on my track fireblade and would happily run the RS on that bike too

Rob

Adventure before Dementia
Old 10-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Garage
Although I am not getting my bike for 5 more months, I am really interested in what you guys come up with for replacement tires. I hate Bridgestone motorcycle tires, every one I have tried has been junk, okay when new but after a few miles they suck big time. And growing up as a motorcycle mechanic, many of the bad things I have seen happen to a bike were the fault of crap Bridgestone tires. Maybe the RS10 or S12 are better, but I have to see it to believe it. I seldom get 1500 on my Concours 14, and usually less than a 1000 on my ZX10, I hate to think what is going to happen with the H2, I have a bad habit of wheeling at every opportunity, and I am hoping the H2 presents many more opportunities. But the good part is usually I wear out the sides before the middle,unless I take long freeway trips.
Although reading the review on the S12, it does look good. But how good is it at say 500 miles?

Last edited by TedG; 10-06-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Have'nt got my H2 yet! But running metzeler racetec k3's on my R1.....getting 1200miles wearing a 200 rear.....was on diablo super corsa 2s hated them and the difference on the rear was amazing rolled in alot smoother not as flicky and there is less of a feel/squish...or movement through the metzeler but when it does move its noticeabke and then you know you are on the limit
Old 10-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmurphy84 View Post
Have'nt got my H2 yet! But running metzeler racetec k3's on my R1.....getting 1200miles wearing a 200 rear.....was on diablo super corsa 2s hated them and the difference on the rear was amazing rolled in alot smoother not as flicky and there is less of a feel/squish...or movement through the metzeler but when it does move its noticeabke and then you know you are on the limit
Really does depend, where, when, how you are riding

Racetec K3 is a road based tyre, super corsa sc2 is a track based road legal tyre

If you are riding on the road, the K3 will feel better as you wont be getting the sc2 up to tempreture

Rob

Adventure before Dementia
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
Back to the Bridgestone RS10 for a moment.

At Elvington last month I was on the start line for a standing-mile when it started raining. That didn't stop me, it was wet on the track for the first 1/3 of the mile but leaving the TC off like I normally do I found grip, just had a little wheel-spin at the top of third gear and still went through the speed trap at 204mph. Can't fault these tyres.
robby9999 likes this.

Go Fast Or Go Home
Old 10-09-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the grip on the RS10 tyres at all
but at 600 miles on road use that aint gonna cut it for me and my bike would forever spend its time in the garage getting new ones fitted - bear in mind ive done 2200 miles in just over 2 months, I need something that's gonna last a little bit further for my style of road riding which is "spirited" i'd say lol

if you want a tyre that can outlast an RS10 by probably double the mileage then im just saying that the S21R is a good one to look at

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List